The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this case last night and thought I would look online to see if there had been any updates. I can't find any. Does anyone know of anything new in this case? The missing are Stacy McCall, Suzie Streeter & her mother, Sherrill Levitt. They disappeared from Springfield, MO, from Suzie's and Sherrill's home in early June, 1992. The two girls, Stacy & Suzie, had just graduated from high school the night before and were having sleepover when they were abducted. As far as I know, they have never been found.

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/spd/Miscellanea/3missingwomen.html

It's so nice to see an update to this case. It is one that has haunted me for some time. Thanks for the update!

That article was dated June 8...I searched all the online Springfield area newspapers for an update to the update, but found nothing. I hope the evidence they found turns up something. It's way past time for these families to have some closure.

Does anyone remember the case of 3 women--2 were mother and daughter, the other was the daughter's friend, who went missing in Springfield, Missouri approximately 15-20 years ago? I don't know names or any other details other than the girls had just graduated from high school, I think, then went to a party, came home (one was spending the night at her friend's house) then they all just vanished. I saw the story on 48 Hours and it has haunted me ever since but not knowing names, I haven't been able to follow up on it. Does anyone remember this? Please let me know if you do.
Thanks-
Karen

Karen, I remember this well. It was in June 1992, I believe. I had a special interest in the case b/c a guy I almost married was from Springfield and I'd been there in December 1990 with him. I don't believe they were ever found. Very sad case. Suzie, Sherrill and Stacy. I never forgot their names b/c they were all S's.

I lived in the Springfield area when this occured. The last I heard on it is was that a person of interest was in prison in Texas on unrelated charges and his Attorney was blocking Investigators from Springfield access.

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/day1_cox.html

Letters from Robert Fox

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/documents.html

10 Year Overview

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/day1.html

Published June 29, 2004

DNA results still awaited in case of missing women
Sample destroyed in the testing.
Greene County Prosecutor Darrell Moore is still waiting for DNA test results he says may advance a 12-year-old investigation into the disappearance of three Springfield women.
On June 7, 1992, Sherrill Levitt, her daughter Suzie Streeter and Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, vanished from Levitt's home at 1717 E. Delmar St.

The prosecutor said Monday he sent DNA standards of two of the women — he wouldn't say which two — to a forensic lab in New Orleans to be compared with a possible blood sample collected during a March 2003 search in Barry County. The sample was sent to ReliaGene Technologies. Moore won't say from what evidence the sample was pulled

http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/0629-DNAresults-122296.html

June 7, 2004: Missing-women case may break
http://springfield.news-leader.com/specialreports/threemissingwomen/0607-Missingwom-106148.html

there was a simlar story like this there were three women mother sister in law and step daughter who went missing in oklahoma and never were found they were on there way back from visitng her young son and ex husband, her ex husbands family was driving them back since she couldnt drive due to health problems im not sure of the year but i saw it on unsolved mistrys a few months ago i think it took place in the late 80s or early 90s but the ex family in question mantains that we had a lil tif i droped them off at a shoping center and that was that.. but the ex sister in law who claims that, was suposed to meet her brother and nefew at a diner that was 3 hrs away from where the three women lived. she made it there in less than 3 hrs. and what suspicus about that was she took the old 2 lane roads instead of the fast way. i started a thread and i want to help located them i found nuthing online except at doe they have a picture of the missing i think she was 13 at the time girl.. and a mention of her aunt and step mother

Thanks everyone. Looks like this ended up being another unsolved, cold case.
:(
Karen

remains have been located and the police are awaiting DNA results. I will try to find the link to post.

miles_draken said:
remains have been located and the police are awaiting DNA results. I will try to find the link to post.

Oh, please let them be Sherrill, Stacy & Suzie!! I've been following this case ever since it first happened. I will anxiously be awaiting a link.

I just checked all the news in Springfield and there is nothing about this. Blood found on a farm in Cassville proved not to be related by DNA and bone fragments were more then 100 years old and likely a dog.

I cant find any links on recent discoveries of remains. I called my son that lives in Springfield and he hasnt heard anything about this.

Local Springfield News Links
http://www.news-leader.com

www.ky3.com

http://www.fox27.com/

Thanks, Tybee....I looked myself for an article saying remains had been found but I couldn't find one. Apparently there's been nothing new in this case since June of this year. That disappoints me so much...I pray for some answers for these families.

i apologize, last i knew they were talking of DNA evidence and awaiting results. Last I had heard, glad to know someone is more on top of it than i am, sorry folks!

That's ok, Miles....are you in Springfield?? If so, maybe you can be our lookout for any breaking news on this case?? Thanks.

I lived in Springfield around the time of these disappearances, and still reside in MO, but not close enough to get local news. There have obviously been several theories regarding the case, but it seems to be growing colder and colder. WIth the DNA samples coming back negative as to a match with remains or blood found on a local farm, the special prosecutor on the case will resign from it. Perhaps some "New Blood" on the case will create a spark. Something interesting to note, one theory is that the women fell prey to some laborers who were working on the Cox Medical South parking lot which I believe is quite near their home. Some sources say there was a lot of drug activity around these people. Obviously all three of these women were probably not targeted. The logical thing would be to conclude that Suzanne Streeter was the target and her friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the target had been her mother my feeling is they would have struck earlier when she was alone at the house, or if McCall was the target they would have taken her from her own home. I think, and they probably have, that the police need to look in to Suzanne's relationships and anyone knew she was associating with in the months leading up to her abduction. I do believe all three are dead and buried locally, however, if the perpetrator was a traveling labor their working on the medical center he wouldn't know the outer edges of Springfield as well. It seems that whoever took them knew the home, so they'd been there before in all likelihood. It is my belief that the remains are not far from their home, possibly underneath the parking lot that was being poured at the time. I don't have a working knowledge of parking lot pouring, maybe some of you will tell me this is unlikely, I'm not sure. I believe they were killed before dawn and dumped. I do hope there is some closure to this case for the families sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail