Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

chief or do you mean sheriff?

I am from the area and things are said..wondered if anyone is thinking about a connection between parties involved in the jackie john case and the three missing women. certain names keep coming up in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by rebzzz
    I am from the area and things are said..wondered if anyone is thinking about a connection between parties involved in the jackie john case and the three missing women. certain names keep coming up in both cases.
    This was widely speculated at the time. The police would certainly have been made well aware. The chief suspect was later jailed on an unrelated, unsucessful abduction. So far as I know he is walking free. I used to see him frequently.

christian county

the county is very corrupt and has been for many years. the good ole boys rule and get away with what ever they do. i believe the quarry speculated about in the that county not far from ozark. i dont want to defame the dead but ms. levitt was dealing coke and was about to turn people in...at least i have heard it over and over from several people.

the county is very corrupt and has been for many years. the good ole boys rule and get away with what ever they do. i believe the quarry speculated about in the that county not far from ozark. i dont want to defame the dead but ms. levitt was dealing coke and was about to turn people in...at least i have heard it over and over from several people.
    And how would they know that? Do they know that from personal knowledge or are they just repeating rumors? What evidence and what witnesses said that she did? I'm very dubious about such reports.

There is/was an old inactive quarry near downtown Springfield and there is/was another active quarry just off 65 in Christian County.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule
    I had forgotten about this quarry. Interesting angle.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs...EWS01/70106011
    MM - this is interesting. I don't know the reasons behind it, but from what I gather from reading and re-reading everything, I agree that there was a massive coverup involved in this case. Otherwise, I think it would have been solved by now. Interesting too that there was a red Mitsubishi in the quarry. If I remember right, one of the girls, either Stacy or Suzie had such a car I believe. I know it wasn't their's but still it's an eerie coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule
    And how would they know that? Do they know that from personal knowledge or are they just repeating rumors? What evidence and what witnesses said that she did? I'm very dubious about such reports.

There is/was an old inactive quarry near downtown Springfield and there is/was another active quarry just off 65 in Christian County.
    a party i used to know whose wife was passing from cancer bought it from her to aid in her pain relief. suzi turning people in has been said by many people over the years. so, i guess, calling it dubious could be correct. but just how do you make people dissappear so completely and for so long? the right people with the right connections. one person could probably pull off such crime but i dont believe it. and i just dont believe it was a random crime or a crime of opportunity. if the good ole boys were involved they certainly could hinder any investigation. after all one was the law south of springfield.
    there are two quarries in christian county.

a party i used to know whose wife was passing from cancer bought it from her to aid in her pain relief. suzi turning people in has been said by many people over the years. so, i guess, calling it dubious could be correct. but just how do you make people dissappear so completely and for so long? the right people with the right connections. one person could probably pull off such crime but i dont believe it. and i just dont believe it was a random crime or a crime of opportunity. if the good ole boys were involved they certainly could hinder any investigation. after all one was the law south of springfield.
    there are two quarries in christian county.
    With all due respect, and if I understand your post correctly, you are going on heresay information. What do you know from personal knowledge?

I do, however, agree with you that this was not a random crime or crime of opportunity. On that we are in complete agreement.

Are you referring to Christian County "good ol' boys"? Is that supposed to be significant?

Here is a list of the quarries and mines in Christian County.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~moccl/Place...ines_page3.htm

Quote Originally Posted by liz325
    MM - this is interesting. I don't know the reasons behind it, but from what I gather from reading and re-reading everything, I agree that there was a massive coverup involved in this case. Otherwise, I think it would have been solved by now. Interesting too that there was a red Mitsubishi in the quarry. If I remember right, one of the girls, either Stacy or Suzie had such a car I believe. I know it wasn't their's but still it's an eerie coincidence.
    I doubt it. In any event the quarry has been drained and is part of the Jordan Creek renewal project. A minor league ball park is next to it if you check the maps.

What has to happen is that some insider has to turn state's evidence and/or the police department putting this case front and center and putting the necessary effort into solving it. I've yet to see evidence that this will be done. The truth is, and I'm not being facetious, is that we actually know more about who "Jack the Ripper" was and who murdered the "Black Dahlia" in the L.A. area back in the 1940s. The missing women case belongs in the Judge Crater category, another one that will never be solved.

http://www.bethshort.com/dahhome.htm

I been following this case for about 8-9 months now. A couple things that have caught my attention. The 2 guys working at the concrete company that year. They couldnt get any record of them working? How is this? Were they drifters paid cash money? Did they have a paycheck? Fill out any tax information? Just doesnt seem to me to be the right answer here. Are they saying NO ONE knew there names? SOunds like poor investigating. Should be much more information about them I would think. They followed up on the van, but not these guys? You find some names you can find the vehicle possibly. Whats the word on the street? I mean completely vanishing without a trace is not impossible, but someone knows something and it needs to come out even anonomously. What is gained to cover it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooogrit
    I been following this case for about 8-9 months now. A couple things that have caught my attention. The 2 guys working at the concrete company that year. They couldnt get any record of them working? How is this? Were they drifters paid cash money? Did they have a paycheck? Fill out any tax information? Just doesnt seem to me to be the right answer here. Are they saying NO ONE knew there names? SOunds like poor investigating. Should be much more information about them I would think. They followed up on the van, but not these guys? You find some names you can find the vehicle possibly. Whats the word on the street? I mean completely vanishing without a trace is not impossible, but someone knows something and it needs to come out even anonomously. What is gained to cover it up?
    The death penalty, most likely. Missouri executes capital murderers by lethal injection. Anyone involved in this depraved crime would face a high probability of going to a maximum prison and if they lived long enough would be put to death. I can't imagine that any jury would have mercy on these psychopaths for what they have done to the families.

I don't have any information about the "concrete workers." That comes from other sources. I tend to put this in the speculative and unproductive category.
    Last edited by Missouri Mule; 01-12-2007 at 07:20 PM.

i wonder what information the caller from florida had after the america's most wanted segement. since the police took it very seriously and supposedly this caller gave information that nobody except the kidnappers would know...

Keys

Great to see so much activity on this thread since the first of the year. My work schedule has been crazy, but I've finally had time to go back and read everyone's posts.

Here's something to consider. Missouri Mule mentioned that Suzie didn't have a key to the side/rear door, just the front. And discussion was that Sherrill was concerned about controlling access to the house possibly. What if Suzie didn't have the key because she had given it to someone else? Just something I hadn't considered before. Someone outside those two may have had the means to get in without breaking/entering.

The mid-town Springfield quarry is being filled as we speak. I was surprised when I drove by earlier this week - I hadn't noticed the progress until now.

I think Liz had asked earlier about the step the purses were found on. It's my understanding that the entrance to Suzie's bedroom was sunken - so there were a few steps down - and that's where the purses were placed. Could be that's where Suzie normally stacked her purse and backpack - but wouldn't make sense for the mom to do that. At any rate, just adds to the staging theory or proof of staging.

Years ago, I had read on a website, blog - something like that - can't find it now - that a possible connection between the Jackie John's case and this one was that she could connect the abductors to the victims. But I think the timing is wrong for that - I need to check, but I believe JJ was murdered prior to 1992? But that chatter was out there. I also remember discussion about considering the same parties had been behind both - but it struck me as a normal thing to consider at the time - i.e. looking at other crimes that had occurred within a certain time frame.

With regard to the broken globe outside the house - I agree, it happened either unnoticed or in haste - too risky to stay and clean up when you're trying to herd 3 women out of the house and get out. My initial though was it was broken so there would be no light on outside - perhaps before the abductors went to the door to gain entry - however, only the globe was broken, not the bulb.

The two guys from the concrete company has gotten a fair amount of play, too. Seems there was a tip about these 2, supposedly who drove a similar van and worked for a concrete company north of town. Apparently the company sold to another - and they say the records of employment don't exist. I don't really buy that either. Could just be people repeating things they've heard that haven't been checked out. Could be parts of it are true. Could be they were paid in cash. But the fact remains people at that company would have to know them, if they drove a similar van - it was vintage, very old - I don't see how they couldn't find them.

Missouri Mule - I've been pondering the "follow the money" challenge. And thinking about who could have been on another's payroll to hinder progress. When I've been looking into principals in the case, I've always Googled the victims, family, etc., to see if there's any additional information. Could it be that you're thinking someone much higher up the food chain - like a person in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyMidwest
    Great to see so much activity on this thread since the first of the year. My work schedule has been crazy, but I've finally had time to go back and read everyone's posts.

Here's something to consider. Missouri Mule mentioned that Suzie didn't have a key to the side/rear door, just the front. And discussion was that Sherrill was concerned about controlling access to the house possibly. What if Suzie didn't have the key because she had given it to someone else? Just something I hadn't considered before. Someone outside those two may have had the means to get in without breaking/entering.

The mid-town Springfield quarry is being filled as we speak. I was surprised when I drove by earlier this week - I hadn't noticed the progress until now.

I think Liz had asked earlier about the step the purses were found on. It's my understanding that the entrance to Suzie's bedroom was sunken - so there were a few steps down - and that's where the purses were placed. Could be that's where Suzie normally stacked her purse and backpack - but wouldn't make sense for the mom to do that. At any rate, just adds to the staging theory or proof of staging.

Years ago, I had read on a website, blog - something like that - can't find it now - that a possible connection between the Jackie John's case and this one was that she could connect the abductors to the victims. But I think the timing is wrong for that - I need to check, but I believe JJ was murdered prior to 1992? But that chatter was out there. I also remember discussion about considering the same parties had been behind both - but it struck me as a normal thing to consider at the time - i.e. looking at other crimes that had occurred within a certain time frame.

With regard to the broken globe outside the house - I agree, it happened either unnoticed or in haste - too risky to stay and clean up when you're trying to herd 3 women out of the house and get out. My initial though was it was broken so there would be no light on outside - perhaps before the abductors went to the door to gain entry - however, only the globe was broken, not the bulb.

The two guys from the concrete company has gotten a fair amount of play, too. Seems there was a tip about these 2, supposedly who drove a similar van and worked for a concrete company north of town. Apparently the company sold to another - and they say the records of employment don't exist. I don't really buy that either. Could just be people repeating things they've heard that haven't been checked out. Could be parts of it are true. Could be they were paid in cash. But the fact remains people at that company would have to know them, if they drove a similar van - it was vintage, very old - I don't see how they couldn't find them.

Missouri Mule - I've been pondering the "follow the money" challenge. And thinking about who could have been on another's payroll to hinder progress. When I've been looking into principals in the case, I've always Googled the victims, family, etc., to see if there's any additional information. Could it be that you're thinking someone much higher up the food chain - like a person in charge?
    The Jackie Johns case was back in the late 1980s if I recall correctly. That was a Christian County case whereas the Missing Women case was a Greene County case. The Johns case was aborted when the case was dismissed on a related charge. It is true that all kinds of speculation at the time of the Missing Women case that there was a link as to the same suspect. I'm agnostic.

On the broken globe theory, I agree with you. The fact that the perps wouldn't have allowed Stacy to even put on her shorts and she was taken clad only in her underwear points to the fact that they were in a hurry to get out of Dodge. She could have been carried to the van unconscious and it was just decided to leave the shorts behind on the bed while the home was scrubbed clean of evidence. This also suggests that the girls were there when the perps arrived and that they had either gone to bed or were preparing to go to bed. Suzie and Sherill may have been in the main living area talking to one or more of the perps or just talking among themselves when the perps arrived. Nevertheless, someone managed to gain entry.

On the concrete company employees I really don't know anything on that matter. I think it was one of many other leads that went nowhere. It would seem that the most incompetent of investigations could have accounted for all employees through payroll records. I don't put too much credence there.
    Last edited by Missouri Mule; 01-12-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrique Sparta
    i wonder what information the caller from florida had after the america's most wanted segement. since the police took it very seriously and supposedly this caller gave information that nobody except the kidnappers would know...
    That's a perfectly valid question. They seemed to believe the person had material knowledge about the crime. But for whatever reasons, the information was never revealed as to its relevance. Of course, the origin of the call is telling in and of itself.

Unfortunately, after reading everything, I fear MM is right and this case will very likely fall into a "Judge Crater" type case and possibly never be solved. It's just too bad because it would only take one person to, as he said, turn state's evidence to get this resolved. I know Janis McCall and her family have been active in this, with her starting the One Missing Link organization but it's too bad Janis and her family don't band together with Sherrill's sister, Debra Schwartz and maybe some more of Sherrill's family members and DEMAND some answers, especially with the 15th anniversary looming. Whoever is responsible needs to feel the "heat" of this case badly and get very nervous about things and I think only the families and the public in Springfield can make that happen. We can keep discussing it here and keep it heated up but ultimately it's going to take some profoundly angry demands by family members and other people in the Springfield area to get the ball rolling on this again. Very sad....

Buddy Midwest, Welcome Back!
    Last edited by MaryLiz; 01-12-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Add

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast