961 users online (179 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I just checked all the news in Springfield and there is nothing about this. Blood found on a farm in Cassville proved not to be related by DNA and bone fragments were more then 100 years old and likely a dog.

I cant find any links on recent discoveries of remains. I called my son that lives in Springfield and he hasnt heard anything about this.

Local Springfield News Links
    http://www.news-leader.com

www.ky3.com

http://www.fox27.com/
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Thanks, Tybee....I looked myself for an article saying remains had been found but I couldn't find one. Apparently there's been nothing new in this case since June of this year. That disappoints me so much...I pray for some answers for these families.

i apologize, last i knew they were talking of DNA evidence and awaiting results. Last I had heard, glad to know someone is more on top of it than i am, sorry folks!

That's ok, Miles....are you in Springfield?? If so, maybe you can be our lookout for any breaking news on this case?? Thanks.

I lived in Springfield around the time of these disappearances, and still reside in MO, but not close enough to get local news. There have obviously been several theories regarding the case, but it seems to be growing colder and colder. WIth the DNA samples coming back negative as to a match with remains or blood found on a local farm, the special prosecutor on the case will resign from it. Perhaps some "New Blood" on the case will create a spark. Something interesting to note, one theory is that the women fell prey to some laborers who were working on the Cox Medical South parking lot which I believe is quite near their home. Some sources say there was a lot of drug activity around these people. Obviously all three of these women were probably not targeted. The logical thing would be to conclude that Suzanne Streeter was the target and her friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the target had been her mother my feeling is they would have struck earlier when she was alone at the house, or if McCall was the target they would have taken her from her own home. I think, and they probably have, that the police need to look in to Suzanne's relationships and anyone knew she was associating with in the months leading up to her abduction. I do believe all three are dead and buried locally, however, if the perpetrator was a traveling labor their working on the medical center he wouldn't know the outer edges of Springfield as well. It seems that whoever took them knew the home, so they'd been there before in all likelihood. It is my belief that the remains are not far from their home, possibly underneath the parking lot that was being poured at the time. I don't have a working knowledge of parking lot pouring, maybe some of you will tell me this is unlikely, I'm not sure. I believe they were killed before dawn and dumped. I do hope there is some closure to this case for the families sake.

Just found an interesting link about the SPringfield three.

http://airalex.homestead.com/MISSING.html

Quote Originally Posted by miles_draken
    Just found an interesting link about the SPringfield three.

http://airalex.homestead.com/MISSING.html

Wow, Miles, that is incredibly creepy!!! I wish the Springfield police would follow up on it.

Still haven't seen any new evidence in this bizzare case, just giving it a bump hoping someone has new info. Somebody, somewhere knows what happened to these ladies.

Robert Cox is currently the one suspect I know of. He is in jail in Texas and has said he knew something about the Springfield Missing. If you look at the link above the old ladies story is interesting to say the least. I've wanted so bad to go to SPringfield and search these Triangle areas of interest. They are near railroad yards and those are areas not frequently visited by people or changed much. Is it possible three bodies could be buried there?

I am writing this because for some reason almost 14 years later this is affecting me more than it has every before. First off to the families and friends I am so sorry for your loses. I feel I am struggling with it now but I can’t imagine how you must have struggled with it over the years now. My name is Cory I am 32 years old and I live in Boise ID. So how does any of this involve me? I was born and raised in Joplin, MO and graduated from JHS in 1992. In early 1990 I went to live with my sister in Springfield, MO. I enrolled @ Kickapoo High School. I only attended that school for a couple months before I went back to Joplin. In that amount of time I wasn’t able to make that many friends but I do remember one her name was “Suzie” We had a few classes together and with in a short time we became friends. I am sure a few people may recall she looked and dressed some what like Marie Fredriksson from the band Roxette. Needless to say I found her attractive and very kind. She was one of the few friends I had in Springfield. In 1992 after I graduated from I school the news had come out about tree missing women their pictures and story had been posted all over. I took a bit but I had soon realized that that Suzanne Streeter was my friend “Suzie”. Her look had changed somewhat so it never dawned on me that this was her. One day I was in Consumers and had bought a few things. When I got home there info was printed on the back of the paper bag. I never had read the detailed descriptions before as I started to read them the article talked about a small tumor on the lower left lip on Suzie (it never stood out it was just a small bump. It was more like a beauty mark & I thought it was cute). Right then it had come to me who it was and my stomach when straight to my throat. Right away I felt guilty for not know that it was her right off. I still feel that way today. I can’t describe how I felt as I am sure many felt the same way as well. Over time as there was less and less to report on and nothing new to go on the case just went away. Over time I thought about it less myself but never really forgot. In 96 I moved to Idaho, not too many people here would have been formilure with it so I never spoke of it. About 2 weeks ago I am driving down the road and I new version of an old song comes on the radio “listen to your heart” by Roxette. All of a sudden it all comes back but this time I can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t talk to anyone about because no one here really knows about it. The more it thought about it I thought I would jump online and see if the was any new news to report about it. I have been doing a lot of reading and have found many stories written but nothing that has brought them home. I still cannot describe how I fell but I still hurt inside as I am sure most do as well. The reason I wrote this was to try to help myself understand why I am feeling the way I am. I still don’t understand it. If anyone reads this and is board by it my apologies, if helps others remember great, if anything I hope it helps keep them alive tell they can come home………… I will never forget you my old friend. I have one question that maybe someone can help me with. In a lot of articles there is mention of two me that worked @ a concrete company. “The women said that two men were employed at the local concrete company that once owned the site near Marshfield, Missouri. The tipsters said that the individuals drove a van similar to the vehicle that may have been used in the missing women's cases. The informants claimed that the men departed Springfield shortly after Sherrill, Suzanne and McCall vanished. Investigators determined that two men did work at the company in 1992, but they were unable to identify the individuals or confirm that they drove a van.”After reading that a few times I found this article. Basically it talks about some parking lot construction going on @ Cox Hospital. Check it out. <?> does anyone know if the concrete company that the two men worked for had any contracts to work with Cox Hospital South in the summer on 1992?????????????????? Check the link out. http://taint.org/pipermail/forteana/...ch/000135.htmlThis could be old news to everyone else but I have not found anything on it…
    Last edited by nowIMnothing; 10-17-2005 at 12:00 PM.

As I know Joplin has grown. My Great Uncle is part of the city council.
    This is just my opinion.

Still nothing new on this cold case. It baffles me that three women could diappear like this together and never be found. Anyone interested in taking a trip to Springfield and following the old womans preminition described in the link I provided awhile back? I've thought about going there and doing some searching. It would be nice to have an analytical mind or two along to help out this complete novice.

There has not been much news on this story lately either on the local media or through the news papers. I can tell you however that the parking lot construction issue at Cox Hospital has been investigated rather extensively. The bones found during the dig at the other location have been reported to be animal in nature and not human.

I can also tell you that one of the biggest problems around this neck of the woods is the vast amount of forrested rugged terrain. We have gone on several horseback searches at places all around Springfield down to Branson and into Arkansas and north towards Collins, Clinton and Windsor and parts east and west of these locations. Also, there are numerous old hand dug wells, or cisterns if you prefer, in this area. Many of these cisterns are not documented as they were dug long before well registration requirements. Authorities in this area have done several surveys in rural areas with residents trying to collect data relating to well locations - most have been checked, however I'm rather certain that there are more out there that people may not know even exist on their properties. Additionally, we have extensive karst topography here, caves, springs, and artesian wells everywhere. A major cave system was recently discoved about two years back - been here all this time but only recently discovered and only because of road construction activities.

The triangle areas that you reference near the home are heavily populated areas even along the railroad tracks. These areas have been searched extensively and numerous times. I myself don't put much belief in the bodies being in those areas. As for the gentleman in jail - he is looking for a way out and voluntered much information to local authorities (some of whom I know personnally), none of which panned out. He is destined to serve his jail time as he has told nothing that has been of use or verifiable. Dead ends are the only thing he has ever provided.

I do know that there is no longer "active" day to day workings on this case but occasionally some tip is received and it is checked. Occasionally bodies have been reported by hunters or persons buying property out in the woods. These reports have also been checked. Right now, there is nothing active in terms of reports or searches.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

last thing I found so far

DNA results still awaited in case of missing women
    http://springfield.news-leader.com/s...ts-122296.html

http://www.semissourian.com/story.html$rec=144464

I still wonder about the manner of entry in the abduction.

has anyone heard

The rumor the bodies were dumped in a pond in Stockton, MO? Not Lake Stockton, but rural Stockton, MO?

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast