Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Miles,

I have never ever intepreted my own vision stating that Stacy was sexually assaulted. You have mis-quoted me.
    Last edited by Ken; 07-19-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Revision...

I apologize Ken, I will re-read the original post as soon as I can. I never meant to misquote you, and contrary to what you might think I wasn't running you down for your beliefs either. What I'm saying is just a mainstream view, or what I percieve to be the mainstream view toward this sort of thing right now. I am curious how the Springfield police recieved your information. Were they interested or did they seem to just blow it off? And you said something about the radar showing traces of ovaries? i believe you said, in addition to the grave, can it really detect that? I'm just asking because I have no knowledge of how it works.

There have been human remains found in a rural yard in western MO. It is believed they are drug murders. Is there any possibility that some of these remains (of 2-6 people) could be our Springfield Three?

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5302609

Interesting possibility. It is a few hours from Springfield and I had heard about this case last night but never thought it might be their final resting place. My first instinct is no, because it appears drug related and I don't think the missing women from Springfield had anything to do with drugs, but who knows. We'll have to watch this case with more interest now.

Quote Originally Posted by englishleigh
    There have been human remains found in a rural yard in western MO. It is believed they are drug murders. Is there any possibility that some of these remains (of 2-6 people) could be our Springfield Three?

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=5302609
    I thought of them too when I first heard about this...it sounds like the people buried there had actually gone to this guy's house for drug deals though so in all probability the Springfield Three aren't among the people who are buried there.

I hope I'm wrong though!

Three Missing Women...

The following is from my partner in Springfield. This is in reference to the Hulston Cancer Center Parking Garage...

From Kathee Baird - Friday, 9/1/06 - Yes, it is true that the Greene County Prosecutor's office, as well as the Springfield police department (i.e. Cpl. Greg Higdon) have seen and are in possession of the said video tape. The prosecutor's office has been receptive to everything that has been shared with them. Greg Higdon on the other hand has been dragging his feet. I am prepared to go over Cpl. Higdon's head as I have a call in to his direct supervisor, and am waiting to hear back from him. It has been almost five months now that the police department has known about the spot and continue to do nothing!!! It is an outrage....and quite frankly I am running out of patience. With the help of Alex, Ken and Bonnie as well as our GPR people we have done most of the Springfield police department's homework for them. The reason that we did not post anything earlier was that we wanted to work with the police, so that they were able to build as solid a case for conviction that they could and not turn this into a media circus for them. Oh well, they had their chance. I ask anyone who thinks that this spot needs to be looked at to call Cpl. Higdon at 417-864-1768, or you may e-mail me at meyer_news@hotmail.com. P.S. A friend of mine in the television media has a copy of the tape as well!!
    Last edited by Ken; 09-01-2006 at 08:43 PM. Reason: typo

Ken - anything new to report on progress? I live in Springfield and drive by Cox South every day on my way to and from work.

Three Missing Women...

Hi Buddy,

A high ranking official has told us that he wants to have this lead resolved by the beginning of December. If everything falls into place, Christmas will be arriving early this year.

Ken
    Last edited by Ken; 11-22-2006 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Rewrite

I have only now become aware of this forum

I followed this case very closely in 1992 as I lived in Springfield for some 26 years. I believe I may have some worthwhile contributions to offer. If there is anyone with personal knowledge of material facts I would be interested in knowing what they may be.

Without going into detail at this time, I would like to offer an informed opinion. This case will not be solved unless an outside experienced investigator is called into review the case. I base this assessment on my own experience with the Springfield Police Department at the time it was a "hot" case in 1992. I will flesh this out in later posts if this thread further develops as I hope it will.

As I said, I would have opined previously but did not know of this on-going discussion here. Looks like it offers some hope when all hope appears lost.

I will offer this information right now. Two of my co-workers were customers of Sheryl Levitt up to the time of her dissappearance. One had her hair done just two days prior to the abduction. There was nothing in her demeanor that would indicate there was any issues on-going.

As I said, this case will not be solved by the Springfield Police Department and I have some serious doubts about the Prosecuting Attorney's office as well. I also base that on personal experience with a part of that operation which at time was quite frustrating.

I'll leave it here for now.

Nothing new from the parking garage lead?

I'm in MO also, a couple hours from Springfield. My husband is there a couple times a week for his job.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jodibug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jodibug

I'm in MO also, a couple hours from Springfield. My husband is there a couple times a week for his job.
    Around Cox South? Personally, I think that is a pipedream. The problem with the investigation is that there never was any direction to the investigation. They ignored or failed to follow up with real leads and suspects and sent everyone off on a wild goose chase with the van which was never proven to have actually occurred. It might have but it might not. But there were other certain leads that I personally know of.

There was a lot of friction and finger pointing between the police department, the FBI and any others who might have wanted to become involved. As I recall (and it has been 14 years ago), the Missouri Highway Patrol was told to butt out of the investigation.

This case is not going to be solved until it is pried loose from the Springfield Police Department and a private retired investigator or group who know how to work these cases goes over it with a fine toothed comb. I got very much involved in this case as an interested citizen and for my efforts was given the bum's rush by the detective in charge. So much for wanting citizen involvement.

Get some fresh eyes on this case. The Springfield Police Department will never solve this case. If I am wrong, and I hope I am wrong, I will be the first to congratulate anyone on that force who actually breaks the case. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodibug

Hi Jodi,

The parking garage lead is still being followed up on. We should know something soon. There is alot going on behind the scenes that I can't talk about. We believe this lead will be more than worth the wait. Hang tight :-)

Ken
    Last edited by Ken; 12-22-2006 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Hi Jodi,

The parking garage lead is still being followed up on. We should know something soon. There is alot going on behind the scenes that I can't talk about. We believe this lead will be more than worth the wait. Hang tight :-)

Ken
    I hope you're right but I would be amazed if anything comes of it. If I were a betting man I would say we'll wait another 14 years before we know anything, if then. If Jimmy Hoffa hasn't be found in 30 years with all of the FBI's expertise what's to believe that the Springfield Police Department is going to suddenly solve this case? Although I don't live in Missouri right now, I still come from Missouri and I'll believe it when I see it. I want to be "shown" some results. Let us hope. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm glad to see some discussion going on the forum again. I live in Springfield, too, and have most of my life - and, of course, paid great attention when the women disappeared and to the investigation. It reminds me of the Jon-Benet investigation - and reinforces how important it is for small town police departments to ask for help when faced with things like this. I mean, how often does something like this happen in Springfield, Missouri?

There was a lot of conflict and politics going on with the police department at that time (and it probably continues). Not to mention lack of experience - and they inherited a seriously contaminated crime scene and were called onto the scene later rather than sooner.

I knew the owner of the salon where Sheryl worked - not overly well, but better than an acquaintance. So it drew me in even more. I moved out of state the year following the disappearance and tried to keep up - but it seemed the investigation went nowhere fast. Now I'm back in Springfield - in fact I live just a few blocks from the Delmar address.

I would love to take a fresh look at things in this forum - what we know, what we don't - it never hurts to keep going at it - it's what keeps these cases fresh and keeps people pushing for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyMidwest
    I'm glad to see some discussion going on the forum again. I live in Springfield, too, and have most of my life - and, of course, paid great attention when the women disappeared and to the investigation. It reminds me of the Jon-Benet investigation - and reinforces how important it is for small town police departments to ask for help when faced with things like this. I mean, how often does something like this happen in Springfield, Missouri?

There was a lot of conflict and politics going on with the police department at that time (and it probably continues). Not to mention lack of experience - and they inherited a seriously contaminated crime scene and were called onto the scene later rather than sooner.

I knew the owner of the salon where Sheryl worked - not overly well, but better than an acquaintance. So it drew me in even more. I moved out of state the year following the disappearance and tried to keep up - but it seemed the investigation went nowhere fast. Now I'm back in Springfield - in fact I live just a few blocks from the Delmar address.

I would love to take a fresh look at things in this forum - what we know, what we don't - it never hurts to keep going at it - it's what keeps these cases fresh and keeps people pushing for answers.
    Two of the folks that went to her were my co-workers. One saw her just two days before the abductions where they discussed the pending graduations of their daughters.

Can anyone clear a question up for me? Did Cox work as a car salesman in Springfield? Somewhere I saw that posted and that was the first I have heard of it.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast