Stain in Trunk May Show Outline of Child**REVISIT FOR READING*

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/note.php?note_id=275347435021&ref=nf

Shocking developments: 1,000 of pages of documents just released in the death penalty case against Casey Anthony, the mother accused of murdering her child last year. In a stunning development, the discovery reveals FBI e-mails regarding a picture taken of a large stain in the trunk of Casey Anthony’s car - an Agent writing that the stain appears to be the outline of a silhouette of a child in the fetal position. The photo allegedly shows what may be the back, bottom and legs of a small child! Is the stain in the trunk of tot mom’s car the outline of little Caylee’s body?

This makes perfect sense....aww Caylee girl. I hope you just went to sleep and never felt a thing, never knew any terror or pain.

This is both good and bad.

Good because it is quite likely true. The child was laying in the trunk in a bag in a fetal position, that was the contact with the carpet and that is what would have been stained by fluid leakage.

Bad because it is highly subjective, and only is noticeable when viewed by computer, not flat photo prints. This sort of reeks of overreaching and looking for paterns in clouds and inkblots. If pushed it is something that a jury may take the wrong way.

I posted this info in the 'Pontiac' thread and reposting here for those who did not see it.

http://www.clickorlando.com/health/21139699/detail.html

The e-mail was addressed to Erin P. Martin of the FBI, and can be found on page 34 of this document.

But two days later, on Oct. 2, FBI supervisory photographic technologist Richard W. Vorder Bruegge told Cowan the lab would not speculate about what left the image: "Others can draw their own conclusions about that."

The stain Cowan observed was found not to be caused by any biological liquid, such as blood or fluids from decomposition. No DNA was found in the stain.

I posted this info in the 'Pontiac' thread and reposting here for those who did not see it.

http://www.clickorlando.com/health/21139699/detail.html

Quote:
The e-mail was addressed to Erin P. Martin of the FBI, and can be found on page 34 of this document.

But two days later, on Oct. 2, FBI supervisory photographic technologist Richard W. Vorder Bruegge told Cowan the lab would not speculate about what left the image: "Others can draw their own conclusions about that."

The stain Cowan observed was found not to be caused by any biological liquid, such as blood or fluids from decomposition. No DNA was found in the stain

Then I wonder what in God's name caused the image!!
hmmmmSmiley.gif

Could the image be like furniture marks in the carpet (just impressions)? I doubt the trunk had carpet.

Quote:

The stain Cowan observed was found not to be caused by any biological liquid, such as blood or fluids from decomposition. No DNA was found in the stain

Then I wonder what in God's name caused the image!!
hmmmmSmiley.gif

We will have to wait and see (patience is not one of my virtues, <sigh>) Clickorlando may have interpreted the results incorrectly.

Well, if it wasn't blood, decomp, or any biological substance containing DNA, I wonder what the heck it was? Hmmm. I wonder if anyone knows what effect, if any, chloroform might have on carpet fibers if used in a large quantity?

So what could cause something like this? I mean, short of being soaking wet (from water, or some other substance), it seems impossible to me that the outline of a body would materialize, since it's been noted that it was not caused by any body fluids....unless...the carpet of the car had recently been treated with something.

So, what caused the smell?

Any outlines of squirrels mentioned?

handwritten pg 8876 of fbi reports show pic of trunk - could this be the one they refer to? I don't think I can copy and post here but maybe some savvy ws'er could do it for me?

Would this be caused by the body breaking down after death?

That would produce decomp fluid, which would contain DNA, which they say wasn't found. Huh...wonder what the stain was?? It had to be light, hard to see if you can't see it in a flat photo, only on a computer screen. And it was viewed in the trunk with an ALS, so the stain was light. But I also remember George's statement saying that there was a basketball sized stain, which would mean that he could see it. And it was initially speculated to be blood, which would be dark. So which is it? was there more than one stain? Totally thrown off here. I can't believe that it's not biological fluid of some sort. Even if there is no outline of a child's form in there, what was the stain?

If there is no dna in the stain how did decomp get on the paper towels in the trash bag? Is it possible to get rid of all dna by using bleach or cleaners(chloroform)? If so that means that the trunk was likely cleaned by GA or CA while the trash bag from KC's trunk sat in the dumpster.

Did anyone actually see anything in the documents stating that the stain was not caused by bodily fluids? All I've seen is a news report. For example, was the reporter just extrapolating from an FBI report saying the stained liner tested negative for BLOOD? I saw there were numerous FBI reports that various things tested negative for blood. I didn't go over them very carefully, because I didn't expect anything to test positive for blood.

That would produce decomp fluid, which would contain DNA, which they say wasn't found. Huh...wonder what the stain was?? It had to be light, hard to see if you can't see it in a flat photo, only on a computer screen. And it was viewed in the trunk with an ALS, so the stain was light. But I also remember George's statement saying that there was a basketball sized stain, which would mean that he could see it. And it was initially speculated to be blood, which would be dark. So which is it? was there more than one stain? Totally thrown off here. I can't believe that it's not biological fluid of some sort. Even if there is no outline of a child's form in there, what was the stain?

The presence of decomp fluid would NOT necessarily mean that usable DNA could be extracted. So a negative test for DNA does not necessarily mean there was no decomp fluid. I seem to recall one of the FBI lab notes says they warned the SA they probably wouldn't be able to do a successful DNA test on the stain.

BTW, does anyone have a link to a document even saying there was a negative test for DNA on the stain? I don't remember seeing it.

gasoline in the trunk

baby in the trunk

gasoline spilled in the truck

baby laying on the trunk floor

image of baby from laying in gasoline

ROBOTDOG out

Could the image be like furniture marks in the carpet (just impressions)? I doubt the trunk had carpet.

You mean, you think the carpeting, or whatever you want to call it, had been removed? I can't recall ever seeing a car that didn't have some type of carpeting in the trunk. You know, like that felt stuff, at least.

Somewhere in this doc dump one of the lab techs answers a question about if the car is still in the garage for further processing and she says "yes, and it smells horrible".
OK - if there is no dna from the stain in the trunk, and only 1 hair with deathband (thanks to the great cleaning talent of CA) - I think that the prosecution should take all of the jurors for a visit to the garage for a field trip to get a whiff of that car. I believe that would nail the coffin shut.

A question I have...if the impression was indeed left by Caylee's body, could she have been triple bagged by then? It doesn't seem so........? Anyone?

Somewhere in this doc dump one of the lab techs answers a question about if the car is still in the garage for further processing and she says "yes, and it smells horrible".
OK - if there is no dna from the stain in the trunk, and only 1 hair with deathband (thanks to the great cleaning talent of CA) - I think that the prosecution should take all of the jurors for a visit to the garage for a field trip to get a whiff of that car. I believe that would nail the coffin shut.

Great idea. I wonder if the SA plans on doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth