GUILTY TN - Yair Carillo, 4 days old, abducted, mom stabbed, Antioch, 29 Sept 2009

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this, but if there has been one started, please let me know.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An Amber Alert has been issued after a woman stabbed a new mother and kidnapped her newborn baby in Antioch.

The suspect reportedly knocked on the door of 30-year-old Maria Gurrolla at 3816 East Ridge Drive Tuesday around 2:40 p.m. Gurrolle told police the suspect claimed to be with INS and wanted to see her immigration papers.

After Gurrolla allowed the suspect inside, she was stabbed several times in the neck, head, thigh and breast. The suspect fled the home with 4-day-old Yair Anthony Carillo.

Yair is a hispanic male with brown hair and black eyes.

Gurrolla was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

The suspect was described as a heavyset white woman in her mid 30s, 5'4" tall with blonde hair in a pony tail. She wore a black blouse and blue jeans.

Officials said the woman was driving a black four-door car resembling a police vehicle.

Anyone with information should call police at 615-862-8600 or 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3464).

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11226932#

Prayers this child is found safe soon!

Salem

My God, will these awful heart wrenching crimes ever end? That babies life is in danger without his mother. And the agony of the poor mother especially so soon after birth.

What is the world coming to. I hope they find that woman soon and she is punished to the fullest extent. This is sickening.:furious::furious:

I hope they check store camra's for women fitting that description buying baby items in a hurry. Do you think it was that random ? A woman drives by and see's a stork sign or do you think this woman waited for her to return from the hospital,And the stork sign clued her into it being her time to move?

They now have named a person of interest so let's hope the baby is found soon!!
There was a 3 yo daughter in the home also.

VB

Breaking News: Police Searching for Person of Interest in Child Abduction

Metro Police, the TBI and the FBI are searching for 30-year-old Lisa Sampson in connection with Tuesday's abduction of four-day-old Yair Anthony Carillo from his home on East Ridge Drive in South Nashville.

[snip]

It is not yet known why Gurrollas home was chosen by the suspect, who according to Gurrolla, showed up at her door claiming to be an immigration official wanting to see her paperwork.

The police department is investigating whether Gurrolla may have been followed while running errands earlier in the day.Breaking News: Police Searching for Person of Interest in Child Abduction

http://www.wztv.com/newsroom/top_stories/wztv_vid_1533.shtml

Oh no! Prayers that this baby is safe with someone else.

Why would someone kidnap a 4 day old baby unless they wanted one?

Snip:
The suspect is described as a heavy set, white woman in her 30's, 5'4" tall with blonde hair in a ponytail. She may be driving a dark-colored sedan. Anyone with information about the abductor is asked to call Metro police at 862-8600 or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.Breaking News: Person of Interest in Child Abduction Found, Baby Still Missing

I am confuse:waitasec: do they have another suspect?

Police Clear Person of Interest, Mom Expected to Speak

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities have cleared a woman located early Wednesday morning as a person of interest in Tuesday's kidnapping of a newborn baby in south Nashville.

Lisa Sampson, 30, was identified as a person of interest late Tuesday night.

She was found in New York State and interviewed by detectives.

Metro police said at this time, Sampson is not believed to be involved in the abduction of Yair Anthony Carillo.

The boy is still missing and an Amber Alert remains in effect.

An unidentified woman took the child from his home on East Ridge Drive shortly after 2:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon and stabbed his mother, Maria Gurrolla, multiple times.

Police told News 2 the woman knocked on the door claiming to be an immigration agent and demanded Gurrolla give her the baby.

When Gurrolla refused, she was stabbed.

Gurrolla was able to run to a neighbor's house, screaming for help.

Her three-year-old daughter was also at home at the time of the stabbing. She was not harmed and is in the custody of a family member.

Gurrolla is recovering from her wounds at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

She was expected to give an interview later Wednesday morning.

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=11229811

When I first started reading this story, I admit that I thought instantly of other cases where the mother or father has claimed that someone came to the door claiming to be CPS or other officials and took the baby. In all of those cases that I remember, it turned out that the parent or parents actually harmed or killed the baby or child.

But then as I read on, I saw that the mother was actually stabbed and her baby was taken.
So I'm sorry for that sleuthers jaded way of thinking.

I sincerely hope and pray this baby is found, alive and healthy and brought back to his mama.

Mom Speaks Out

Less than 24 hours after she was stabbed eight times and her newborn son kidnapped from her home, Maria Gurrolla addressed the media late Wednesday morning outside Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville.

Tuesday afternoon, Yair Anthony Carillo, who is just five days old, was taken from his family's home on East Ridge Drive in south Nashville after his mother struggled with an unidentified woman.

Gurrolla told reporters she'd never before seen the woman who attacked and then stabbed her.

She said her son was on the couch when the woman, who claimed to be an immigration worker, entered.

Gurrolla said the woman never asked for the baby and only told her she was going to arrest her.

"Right after I asked her to identify herself, she said she was there to arrest me," she recalled.

Gurrolla said the woman was unarmed when she entered but found a small knife during the struggle.

She said she didn't see the woman take her child because she ran from the home, screaming for help.

Gurrolla describes her son as "chubby" with "chubby cheeks." She said he has a full head of black hair and big, black eyes.

The attacker is described as a white, heavy set female in her 30s.

She is said to be five feet, four inches tall with blonde hair.

She was wearing a black shirt and blue jeans at the time of the abduction and could possibly be driving a black four-door car that resembles an unmarked police patrol car.

Investigators returned to Gurrolla's south Nashville neighborhood Wednesday to canvass the area for additional clues.

Video at link: http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=11232335

*SNIP*

After Gurrolla allowed the suspect inside, she was stabbed several times in the neck, head, thigh and breast. The suspect fled the home with 4-day-old Yair Anthony Carillo.

Yair is a hispanic male with brown hair and black eyes.

Gurrolla was transported to Vanderbilt Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

*SNIP*

Several stab wounds, in multiple locations on her body, but none of them are life-threatening?

IMO these sound self-inflicted.

Hope I'm wrong.

Several stab wounds, in multiple locations on her body, but none of them are life-threatening?

Hope I'm wrong.
---------------------------
I thought the same thing.
And the witness did not see anyone
other than the blonde woman who has already been questioned.

I hope that the house and neighborhood are searched for that baby.

Today, mom says Immigration came to arrest her, did not look at the baby and someone this person found a knife in her own home and stabbed her 3 times and then somehow snatched the baby without anyone else seeing this and fled.

I hope I am wrong.

And the lady wasn't armed when she arrived but "found" a knife. She ran off leaving the baby there? I hope to god I'm wrong for thinking what I'm thinking.

Gurrolla said the woman was unarmed when she entered but found a small knife during the struggle.

She said she didn't see the woman take her child because she ran from the home, screaming for help.

Sounds like she had quite a discussion with the attacker....but was it in English or Spanish??? From this interview it seems like she does not understand any English...everything was translated for her...so, how could she understand so much of what was said?

http://www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=11232335

Also, she does not seem very upset....seems more angry to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

That was my first thought as well, but keep in mind these were supposedly done by a woman. Maybe the woman just wanted to fight her off and not kill her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back