1031 users online (213 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman eats ex's goldfish after spat

PASADENA, Texas - Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them. Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33088053...ws-weird_news/

I'll bet PETA jumps all over this one!

That is just disgusting. I don't see why they can't file charges against her.
    Happy New Years

He is well rid of her. How evil can you be....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I think they could probably file charges against her if they wanted, because they were pets-not just community property. I'm sure PETA will apply pressure until she's charged with "animal" (fish?) cruelty. At least I hope they do.

Ewwww..that is gross ! I was just going to clean my aquarium when I saw this post...lol
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

That's just plain evil. To kill and eat something considered a pet to someone else as an act of revenge is sick. She's one crazy woman and need to be watched,hope they didn't have children.

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    PASADENA, Texas - Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them. Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33088053...ws-weird_news/

I'll bet PETA jumps all over this one!
    Whoa. She is one sick puppy. I can't imagine how angry and off-the-wall crazy you'd have to be to eat a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    That is just disgusting. I don't see why they can't file charges against her.
    If the pets had been kittens or puppies, this woman would be up on all kinds of charges. I don't understand why they can't file charges, either. These were not fish in a stream to be caught and eaten, they were PETS.

I think they didn't charge her because in our society most fish are considered food. Another thing is that fish don't have vocal cords so they can't scream in pain although there is scientific proof now that fish do feel pain.

It was a vindictive act and he should count his blessings he is not with her. I don't understand people that think injuring or killing someone's pets or children is a way to retaliate for what they perceive as a wrongdoing. These people are idiots.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow