AZ AZ - Pima Co., HispFem UP4923, 15-20, alias 'Maria Mendez Morales', Jun'08

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
Its probably just the way her mouth is that has caught my attention, please take a look see and tell me what you think. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about how facial features change in the all important 12- 17year old range, but anyhoo, please tell me what you think. This unidentified is not on Doe.

Reyna Gabriella- http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Charley Proj- http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/alvarado-carrera_reyna.html

Namus Report- *Warning: Morgue Photo* https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4923

Always Appreciating.
Snufamonbobball

Attachments

• ncmec2.JPG
    ncmec2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 274
Snufamonbobball,

Hey I do see a resemblence... Reyna went missing in 2005 at age 13 and the UID was found in 2008...they list the age of the UID to be between 15-20, so that fits. Also they said that Reyna may have traveled to Arizona where the UID is found... Good Find...As always!

UID had fake Mexican ID - huh? I can see why you might want fake Mexican ID in Mexico, at a push, but why would the UID have had fake Mexican (rather than fake American) ID in the US? The obvious answer would be if she had been living under a false identity, e.g., in a relationship while underage.

The UID is quite a bit taller (3") and lighter (18 lbs) than Reyna - but going from age 13 to 16, she could have grown although it's difficult to see that she might have done so while being so malnourished that she lost 18 lbs despite the extra height. As she was only 110 to start with, it's not as though it could be explained away as puppy fat. The differences in measurements are not beyond reporting errors and with three years to change are far from impossible although not wholly expected.

I do see a resemblance though of course the UID is thinner in the face than Reyna - as would be expected as she matured, and due to the possible weight loss.

Another good reason to suspect this may be a match - the 770 area code on the phone number resolves to suburban Atlanta, Ga, where Reyna is from. Reyna also had connections to Mexico and Phoenix, Az. so it would make sense for her to be there.

The UID was recovered soon after death but there is no word of a cause of death - speculation might be that she had left behind whomever had taken her and wanted to make a break for it... e.g., going back to Ga.

My two cents on this:

I believe she may have been a Mexican illegal brought to the US by a coyote. Tucson has big problems with that (as does Phoenix), and fake ID's might help you in the US, especially if you are underage. I would like to know more about the person whose ID she was faking; is she already in the US, is she a US citizen?

The 770 number is interesting. I did reverse lookup for both the number ending in 0 and 6. In 0 it is someone with a English first and last name. With 6 it does not list who it is because it is a cell phone number. The person owning that number may have changed, so the number does not necessarily lead somewhere. I did do a search for people with the first name Enubia in Georgia, and there are four; I wonder if LE has contacted them?

The note partially translates:

Pocstores (?) = Jesus
Cruz Valenzuelo (Valenzuelo Cross)

Domicilio (address) = Blvd. Pino #16
Col. Benito Juaraz (Colonia Benito Juarez)
Tel: 37-4-08-86

Servicios (Services) = Juerves (Thursday) 5:00 pm
Domingo (Sunday) = 11:00 a.m.

Col. Benito Juarez is a place near Mexico City; also a past President- several roads and streets are named after him. Because of the Col. however, I think this is the district of Colonia Juarez in Mexico City,as I was able to find the exact address in Mexico City. There is also a Col. Benito Juarez in Veracruz, and one in San Felipe Del Progreso. I believe that the address is that of a Catholic church, but I have been unable to find that address for Catholic churches in Mexico City or Veracruz.

It appears she was found near Tucson, based on the coordinates. Just for kicks, I did the above telephone number with the Tucson area code, and it comes up as a phone number in Casa Grande, north of Tucson.

My only thought with this possible match, is her age. She would be at least in her mid to late 20's even early 30's at the time this girl was found.

It is an interesting side note about the phone number found with her. When I googled it I got a M. Gonzales from Atlanta, GA. This is of course interesting, but not at all telling.

It is a tragedy the number of missing women and children from Mexico. My Ex and I went across the border in El Paso once (years and years ago). I had heard about "boy's town" from several people- it is the saddest and a very dangerous place. My heart aches for the women and girls who are forced into a life of prostitution and misery- I pray that they find peace in their troubled world.

One of the last names of the Enubia that I found was Gonzales. I wonder if police ever contacted the #.

My only thought with this possible match, is her age. She would be at least in her mid to late 20's even early 30's at the time this girl was found.

It is an interesting side note about the phone number found with her. When I googled it I got a M. Gonzales from Atlanta, GA. This is of course interesting, but not at all telling.

It is a tragedy the number of missing women and children from Mexico. My Ex and I went across the border in El Paso once (years and years ago). I had heard about "boy's town" from several people- it is the saddest and a very dangerous place. My heart aches for the women and girls who are forced into a life of prostitution and misery- I pray that they find peace in their troubled world.

One of the last names of the Enubia that I found was Gonzales. I wonder if police ever contacted the #.

I would certainly hope they did, but I don't assume anything anymore.

A couple of possibilities are they might have denied knowing her if she is illegal, or they might have denied knowing her because she is listed as a non family abduction. Oh, one more possibility is some people would just deny knowing anyone who a detective calls and asks about.

Appreciating All.
Snufamonbobball

You guys are likely on the right track of course-at first blush she looks to me like she was brought to Phoenix to be trafficked. I think given her height and weight, she might be younger than 15...she only had one erupted molar as well and it was removed prior to her death. Am I missing COD?

Pino 16, Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico

This is what I get when I feed the address as written into Google. I can't do screenshots from this laptop, so feed that directly into Google Maps, and it'll give you what it gave me.

Looks to be a residential neighborhood. Means positively nothing to me. But it might to one of you. I'm going to back out of this one slowly now.

Why are you backing out of this one slowly now, LOL? Pino means Pine in Spanish I know. How did you get this address? Did I miss something from NAMUS? So Pino 16 is basically 16 Pine Bulevar (Blvd) I think...On your screen shot, is there a church there?
Pino 16, Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico

This is what I get when I feed the address as written into Google. I can't do screenshots from this laptop, so feed that directly into Google Maps, and it'll give you what it gave me.

Looks to be a residential neighborhood. Means positively nothing to me. But it might to one of you. I'm going to back out of this one slowly now.

Why are you backing out of this one slowly now, LOL? Pino means Pine in Spanish I know. How did you get this address? Did I miss something from NAMUS? So Pino 16 is basically 16 Pine Bulevar (Blvd) I think...On your screen shot, is there a church there?

When I fed the address on her slip of paper into Google Maps, just the way it was written, it revised it and kicked out the above address. Didn't give any options, like when it normally says "did you mean..." It just revised it and kicked out the above location. I think this will link right.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...la, Morelos, Mexico&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

It looks to be all residential, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a church there, or in the area. I can't zoom in all the way, since there is no street view in that area.
I was backing out slowly because I don't do well with out of the country searches. Anyhing I would find would be by accident.

Don't back out, you are doing fine! Your guess is as good as mine and anyone elses, we are all winging it here.
When I fed the address on her slip of paper into Google Maps, just the way it was written, it revised it and kicked out the above address. Didn't give any options, like when it normally says "did you mean..." It just revised it and kicked out the above location. I think this will link right.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...la, Morelos, Mexico&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

It looks to be all residential, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a church there, or in the area. I can't zoom in all the way, since there is no street view in that area.
I was backing out slowly because I don't do well with out of the country searches. Anyhing I would find would be by accident.

FWIW, she was found on Tohono O'Odham Nation land, so she may have been a member of this tribe. I cannot find Crow Hang Village at all, but she was found west of Kitt Peak area. In researching this area, there are MANY desert deaths from people trying to cross the desert to enter Arizona illegally. There was even a report done on this:

http://mail.azdhs.com/plan/report/heat/heat02.pdf

She may not have been reported missing.

My two cents on this:

I believe she may have been a Mexican illegal brought to the US by a coyote. Tucson has big problems with that (as does Phoenix), and fake ID's might help you in the US, especially if you are underage. I would like to know more about the person whose ID she was faking; is she already in the US, is she a US citizen?

The 770 number is interesting. I did reverse lookup for both the number ending in 0 and 6. In 0 it is someone with a English first and last name. With 6 it does not list who it is because it is a cell phone number. The person owning that number may have changed, so the number does not necessarily lead somewhere. I did do a search for people with the first name Enubia in Georgia, and there are four; I wonder if LE has contacted them?

Pocstores (?) = Jesus

Col. Benito Juarez is a place near Mexico City; also a past President- several roads and streets are named after him. Because of the Col. however, I think this is the district of Colonia Juarez in Mexico City,as I was able to find the exact address in Mexico City. There is also a Col. Benito Juarez in Veracruz, and one in San Felipe Del Progreso. I believe that the address is that of a Catholic church, but I have been unable to find that address for Catholic churches in Mexico City or Veracruz.

It appears she was found near Tucson, based on the coordinates. Just for kicks, I did the above telephone number with the Tucson area code, and it comes up as a phone number in Casa Grande, north of Tucson.

Is it possible that this is an address for something like a local neighborhood mission or hostel for youths, maybe run by one of the Catholic churches in the city, an outreach program center, or even an orphanage? Would explain why no one can come up with an actual chuch located there, but why there would still be some pastores and servicios associated with the address and phone number. This is one of those times where one would LOVE to have a local contact in the city who could do come local investigative footwork, you know?

Alternatively, could this be an address of someone like a documents forger or a illegal immigrant transporter, or even someplace where a 'mule' might go to pick up drugs to smuggle across the boarder? Pastores can also mean 'shephards' in spanish, which could be a term applied to someone smuggling illegals across the boarder. The rest of the information could be where to meet these people, or where to pick up documents or even drugs. This could also explain why she was killed... maybe she knew something she shouldnt have. So much information available with those notes, but seems to lead to nowhere... So sad.

Have we been checking Enubia?...The name on the paper in Elubia, with an L.

I have to say you guys are good! You think of things in a far more comprehensive way than I do. I think its lovely when everyone works together!:woohoo:

The one thing I noticed is her sevens are crossed (this is assuming she wrote the notes). Generally in the US we don't cross our sevens- most of us who start, do so in higher mathmatics such as algebra and beyond.

Here is a very good explanation of tooth development. I think it is very useful, it explains all the aspects of development, bite abnormalities, surfaces of teeth, age estimations, pretty much everything about teeth. I hope you will find it as useful as I have.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10454923/teeth_1_

Pocstores (?) = Jesus

Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth:

I believe the note says Pastores and is referencing a church pastor. If you look at the second letter it is more of an "a" and does not look like any of the other "o's". I also believe the second name is Cruz Valenzuela not Valenzuelo.

I think the next reads: Col. Benito Juarez

I see Jueves not Juerves.

Can anyone make out what is under the phone number 770-748-4320? It looks like possibly Sophia?

Hope this helps.

Maz

:cow:

Mazama, I keep getting Sofia. It still isn't really clear, but the pictures linked above are the best I'm going to get it.
There also appeared to be some tracing almost like a doodle on the S when I was lightening, leading me to believe that she may have been on the phone with someone, and was doodling as she talked, but that is 100% speculation on my part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back