1071 users online (203 members and 868 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    805

    AZ - Pima Co., HispFem UP4923, 15-20, alias 'Maria Mendez Morales', Jun'08

    Its probably just the way her mouth is that has caught my attention, please take a look see and tell me what you think. I'm not particularly knowledgeable about how facial features change in the all important 12- 17year old range, but anyhoo, please tell me what you think. This unidentified is not on Doe.

    Reyna Gabriella- http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...archLang=en_US

    Charley Proj- http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...era_reyna.html

    Namus Report- *Warning: Morgue Photo* https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4923

    Always Appreciating.
    Snufamonbobball
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-08-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Replace bad link
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,317
    Snufamonbobball,

    Hey I do see a resemblence... Reyna went missing in 2005 at age 13 and the UID was found in 2008...they list the age of the UID to be between 15-20, so that fits. Also they said that Reyna may have traveled to Arizona where the UID is found... Good Find...As always!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    425
    UID had fake Mexican ID - huh? I can see why you might want fake Mexican ID in Mexico, at a push, but why would the UID have had fake Mexican (rather than fake American) ID in the US? The obvious answer would be if she had been living under a false identity, e.g., in a relationship while underage.

    The UID is quite a bit taller (3") and lighter (18 lbs) than Reyna - but going from age 13 to 16, she could have grown although it's difficult to see that she might have done so while being so malnourished that she lost 18 lbs despite the extra height. As she was only 110 to start with, it's not as though it could be explained away as puppy fat. The differences in measurements are not beyond reporting errors and with three years to change are far from impossible although not wholly expected.

    I do see a resemblance though of course the UID is thinner in the face than Reyna - as would be expected as she matured, and due to the possible weight loss.

    Another good reason to suspect this may be a match - the 770 area code on the phone number resolves to suburban Atlanta, Ga, where Reyna is from. Reyna also had connections to Mexico and Phoenix, Az. so it would make sense for her to be there.

    The UID was recovered soon after death but there is no word of a cause of death - speculation might be that she had left behind whomever had taken her and wanted to make a break for it... e.g., going back to Ga.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    My two cents on this:

    I believe she may have been a Mexican illegal brought to the US by a coyote. Tucson has big problems with that (as does Phoenix), and fake ID's might help you in the US, especially if you are underage. I would like to know more about the person whose ID she was faking; is she already in the US, is she a US citizen?

    The 770 number is interesting. I did reverse lookup for both the number ending in 0 and 6. In 0 it is someone with a English first and last name. With 6 it does not list who it is because it is a cell phone number. The person owning that number may have changed, so the number does not necessarily lead somewhere. I did do a search for people with the first name Enubia in Georgia, and there are four; I wonder if LE has contacted them?

    The note partially translates:

    Pocstores (?) = Jesus
    Cruz Valenzuelo (Valenzuelo Cross)

    Domicilio (address) = Blvd. Pino #16
    Col. Benito Juaraz (Colonia Benito Juarez)
    Tel: 37-4-08-86


    Servicios (Services) = Juerves (Thursday) 5:00 pm
    Domingo (Sunday) = 11:00 a.m.


    Col. Benito Juarez is a place near Mexico City; also a past President- several roads and streets are named after him. Because of the Col. however, I think this is the district of Colonia Juarez in Mexico City,as I was able to find the exact address in Mexico City. There is also a Col. Benito Juarez in Veracruz, and one in San Felipe Del Progreso. I believe that the address is that of a Catholic church, but I have been unable to find that address for Catholic churches in Mexico City or Veracruz.

    It appears she was found near Tucson, based on the coordinates. Just for kicks, I did the above telephone number with the Tucson area code, and it comes up as a phone number in Casa Grande, north of Tucson.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Could it be her? Check the height, and she was on her way to Phoenix possibly:

    http://mx.missingkids.com/missingkid...archLang=en_MX


    This could be related too:

    http://jezebel.com/5333929/mexicos-m...main-a-mystery

  6. #6
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Could it be her? Check the height, and she was on her way to Phoenix possibly:

    http://mx.missingkids.com/missingkid...archLang=en_MX


    This could be related too:

    http://jezebel.com/5333929/mexicos-m...main-a-mystery
    My only thought with this possible match, is her age. She would be at least in her mid to late 20's even early 30's at the time this girl was found.

    It is an interesting side note about the phone number found with her. When I googled it I got a M. Gonzales from Atlanta, GA. This is of course interesting, but not at all telling.

    It is a tragedy the number of missing women and children from Mexico. My Ex and I went across the border in El Paso once (years and years ago). I had heard about "boy's town" from several people- it is the saddest and a very dangerous place. My heart aches for the women and girls who are forced into a life of prostitution and misery- I pray that they find peace in their troubled world.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    One of the last names of the Enubia that I found was Gonzales. I wonder if police ever contacted the #.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snufamonbobball View Post
    My only thought with this possible match, is her age. She would be at least in her mid to late 20's even early 30's at the time this girl was found.

    It is an interesting side note about the phone number found with her. When I googled it I got a M. Gonzales from Atlanta, GA. This is of course interesting, but not at all telling.

    It is a tragedy the number of missing women and children from Mexico. My Ex and I went across the border in El Paso once (years and years ago). I had heard about "boy's town" from several people- it is the saddest and a very dangerous place. My heart aches for the women and girls who are forced into a life of prostitution and misery- I pray that they find peace in their troubled world.

  8. #8
    Snufamonbobball's Avatar
    Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In the cat's condo
    Posts
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    One of the last names of the Enubia that I found was Gonzales. I wonder if police ever contacted the #.
    I would certainly hope they did, but I don't assume anything anymore.

    A couple of possibilities are they might have denied knowing her if she is illegal, or they might have denied knowing her because she is listed as a non family abduction. Oh, one more possibility is some people would just deny knowing anyone who a detective calls and asks about.

    Appreciating All.
    Snufamonbobball
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    You guys are likely on the right track of course-at first blush she looks to me like she was brought to Phoenix to be trafficked. I think given her height and weight, she might be younger than 15...she only had one erupted molar as well and it was removed prior to her death. Am I missing COD?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    Pino 16, Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico

    This is what I get when I feed the address as written into Google. I can't do screenshots from this laptop, so feed that directly into Google Maps, and it'll give you what it gave me.

    Looks to be a residential neighborhood. Means positively nothing to me. But it might to one of you. I'm going to back out of this one slowly now.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Why are you backing out of this one slowly now, LOL? Pino means Pine in Spanish I know. How did you get this address? Did I miss something from NAMUS? So Pino 16 is basically 16 Pine Bulevar (Blvd) I think...On your screen shot, is there a church there?
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Pino 16, Cuautla, Morelos, Mexico

    This is what I get when I feed the address as written into Google. I can't do screenshots from this laptop, so feed that directly into Google Maps, and it'll give you what it gave me.

    Looks to be a residential neighborhood. Means positively nothing to me. But it might to one of you. I'm going to back out of this one slowly now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Why are you backing out of this one slowly now, LOL? Pino means Pine in Spanish I know. How did you get this address? Did I miss something from NAMUS? So Pino 16 is basically 16 Pine Bulevar (Blvd) I think...On your screen shot, is there a church there?
    When I fed the address on her slip of paper into Google Maps, just the way it was written, it revised it and kicked out the above address. Didn't give any options, like when it normally says "did you mean..." It just revised it and kicked out the above location. I think this will link right.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

    It looks to be all residential, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a church there, or in the area. I can't zoom in all the way, since there is no street view in that area.
    I was backing out slowly because I don't do well with out of the country searches. Anyhing I would find would be by accident.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Around here somewhere
    Posts
    12,690
    I also did some playing around with the writing under the scribble and it appears almost to be a name: "Sofia" or "Sophia". Feel free to interpret it your own way. Possibly "Sonia".
    http://picasaweb.google.com/tmdj06/M...97606586779602

    ETA: I added one in black and white, I think it looks a little better that way, but I left the bright colored one too.
    Last edited by not_my_kids; 10-01-2009 at 09:51 PM.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    Don't back out, you are doing fine! Your guess is as good as mine and anyone elses, we are all winging it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    When I fed the address on her slip of paper into Google Maps, just the way it was written, it revised it and kicked out the above address. Didn't give any options, like when it normally says "did you mean..." It just revised it and kicked out the above location. I think this will link right.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

    It looks to be all residential, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a church there, or in the area. I can't zoom in all the way, since there is no street view in that area.
    I was backing out slowly because I don't do well with out of the country searches. Anyhing I would find would be by accident.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,687
    FWIW, she was found on Tohono O'Odham Nation land, so she may have been a member of this tribe. I cannot find Crow Hang Village at all, but she was found west of Kitt Peak area. In researching this area, there are MANY desert deaths from people trying to cross the desert to enter Arizona illegally. There was even a report done on this:

    http://mail.azdhs.com/plan/report/heat/heat02.pdf

    She may not have been reported missing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SC SC - St Matthews, HispFem 719UFSC, 25-40, 'Maria' on bracelet, Sep'08
    By summermood32 in forum The Unidentified
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 05:30 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 11:43 PM
  3. Identified! NJ - Atlantic City, Female body in hotel, Nov'15 - Maria Guzman-Morales
    By JerseyGirl in forum Identified!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 08:45 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2013, 03:40 AM

Tags for this Thread