Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
Attorney Brad Conway Released More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09 #2

Attorney Shares “New Evidence” In Casey Case
Posted: 12:33 pm EDT September 30, 2009
Updated: 6:11 pm EDT September 30, 2009
<snipped>
It's evidence in the case against Casey Anthony so small you need a microscope to see it, but Casey Anthony's parents are trying to use it to prove their daughter is not a killer.

Casey's parents say it's a major breakthrough. They say they released the documents because they help Casey's defense and they want to change overwhelming public opinion that she's guilty, but WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says the documents don't accomplish either of the Anthonys' objectives.

The new documents that the Anthonys' attorney released Wednesday are focused on the duct tape found stretched across Caylee's mouth and the duct tape found on the gas can in the Anthonys' garage. The FBI has concluded that the adhesive on both was chemically the same and that it's possible both pieces came from the same roll.

CONWAY-RELEASED DOCS: Read Docs From 09/30/09
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21161111/detail.html

CONWAY PRESS CONFERENCE: Watch Full Raw Video
http://www.wftv.com/video/21160739/index.html

VIDEO REPORT: Legal Analyst Questions Tactics
http://www.wftv.com/video/21164373/index.html

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/21160448/detail.html

Attorney Brad Conway To Release More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09 #1
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89620"]Attorney Brad Conway To Release More Evidence In Anthony Case On 09/30/09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:angel:

The thought has crossed my mind that when you go back to the evening of June 15, 2008, the only people at the Anthony home were Cindy, Casey, and Caylee. George was working the late shift, 3:00pm - 11:00pm, and likely didn't get home until 11:15pm - 11:30pm.

If you discount George's story of seeing Casey and Caylee at 12:50pm on June 16, that leaves only Cindy and Casey who were the last to see Caylee alive.

By all reports, we know that there was a fight between Cindy and Casey on the evening of June 15th.

There are at least two scenarios that while they seem far-fetched, could have happened.

One scenario: Cindy has stated that when she and Caylee arrived home from visiting with Cindy's father at the care facility, she and Caylee went swimming in the pool. Did Cindy forget to take the pool ladder out of the pool when they were finished swimming? Cindy and Casey begin to argue and are focused on that argument when Caylee, un-noticed by either of them, wanders outside to the pool, gets in and drowns. When Caylee is discovered, and not willing to admit their negligence, a cover-up begins.

Scenario two: Cindy and Casey fight and after that fight escalates and Cindy tries to choke Casey, Casey flees the house, not to return for the next month, leaving Caylee behind. This puts Cindy as the last person to see Caylee.

The problem with both these scenarios is that everything that happened on July 15, 2008, when the Pontiac is retrieved, Casey is found, and the 911 calls were made, and everything that's happened since, doesn't support these two scenarios.

The one thing that is intriguing is that in Casey's phone call home from jail on July 16th, hours after she was arrested, there is one strange statement that alludes to Cindy knowing more at that point............

Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?"

When is comes down to the defense throwing someone under the bus, I think Cindy is the most likely. When it comes to sentencing, Cindy's behavior is the most likely to be used to explain Casey's crime and lack of remorse.

BBM: I have said for months that I believe Caylee was murdered between June15-16, 08. My fence sitting is either CA was directly involved with the murder with KC or KC did it alone with CA knowing immediately afterwards.

I have never believed the crap stories about KC telling CA Caylee was with zannie. I believe those conversations were about getting rid of Caylee's body and KC blowing off CA/GA and doing her thing. The car being towed was what put a panic in the plan and KC wasn't around immediately to put a new coverup into play. CA already admitted to LE she lied about the three 911 calls. The various coverup stories, including GA's now known to be a lie, June 16, 08 saw KC and Caylee walking out the door story, have continued to change with each previous story being busted as a lie. Now CA is throwing more into the mix to further attempt to confuse the public with this latest presser. Deflect and confuse is one of CA's methods of intimidation. Doesn't work on me, doesn't work on LE/FBI/SA and won't work on the jury.

I think MN figured out what was going on, but couldn't convince the A's to come clean. Therefore he quit. CA/GA got smart about what to tell BC after he agreed to represent them. BC is a pawn for CA. BC has little or no ethics and envisions $$$$ down the road representing CA/GA. BC/JB and crew give honest attorneys heartburn. Enough to eat a bottle of tums a day. It is one thing to want to represent a client who truly needs representation and who will honestly assist in their defense. It is entirely another to use a client to further advance personal goals and $$$$$$.

KC and the A clan will truly have karma turn on them and what goes around comes around. It may take some time, but karma will win everytime.

CA will see the bus coming, but she will fail to see who is driving it until she inches away from it. Then the panic will set in. KC won't care if she stays in jail. She gave CA a gift, Caylee, she took her away. Now KC will feel, if she can, satisfied that CA doesn't have Caylee and doesn't have the life CA thought she would have. KC can and has adjusted to her environment. CA will never adjust to confinement in prison and that alone will please KC to no end.

FYI: Both threads are still open....I PM'd JBean to lock the 1st thread a little after 6 Eastern, but she hasn't been on-line yet to lock it.

Maybe another mod will notice & will lock it for her???

Thanks!

FYI: Both threads are still open....I PM'd JBean to lock the 1st thread a little after 6, but she hasn't been on-line yet to lock it.

Maybe another mod will notice & will lock it for her???

Thanks!

6 what?
eastern, centeral, etc. :innocent:

I followed you lead here Angel Who Cares. Hopefully others will too. Thanks.

Leila ~ Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?"

Countzero ~ My fence sitting is either CA was directly involved with the murder with KC or KC did it alone with CA knowing immediately afterwards.

I have not posted in many months, but have to say I agree with both of you. I have always believed CA knew what KC's involvement was by the tone of KC's voice. Like KC couldn't believe what she was hearing from her own Mother.

One thing that has bothered me is the pool box. When CA was showing Greta around the yard, she mentioned the bush under the window was moved and the pool box was going to be put under the window so Caylee wouldn't climb on it and fall in the pool. Why in the would would you put a oblong box against a round pool to begin with? And IIRC wasn't it under the window where one of the dogs hit?

Back to lurking.

Thanks countzero, sparky, spangle & all! The other thread is officially locked now! :winko:

If anyone knows of any links that should be added from the 1st thread could you please add them here for reference.

I'll check in a little bit too....I'll wait in case they are something you posted!! TIA

Found this video interesting, & a slap back at the A's PC, that BC so kindly brought to our attention yesterday.

New Video: Experts: State Might Not Use Some Lab Tests
Legal experts say the state may decide to avoid recent lab tests that show no DNA link between Casey Anthony and the crime scene.
http://www.wesh.com/video/21175704/index.html

Related Videos:
Video: Anthonys Release Reports On Duct Tape Tests 2:31
The attorney for Casey Anthony's parents released documents to the media that he said raise serious questions about the state's scientific case.
http://www.wesh.com/video/21160348/index.html

Video: Duct Tape Discrepancy
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...000TRWZxCasey_093020090200&cat=CAC&title=Duct

Gosh I didn't mean to scare everyone away by starting a new thread! :waitasec:

I also apologize to anyone who did asked me a question in the other thread...I just seen 1, but someone kindly answered it for me! I'm reading quite slow these day's due to a 2 eyelid infections & a surgery to drain one of the lids late last week. I'm still slowly reading the doc dump & trying to stay caught up in other threads too!
Please forgive me for any delays here or in any of my PM's.

Thanks for understanding! :blowkiss:

:grouphug:'s & :rose:'s
:blushing: :angel:

Oh Angel...You are too funny! Have missed you...Hope you are feeling better!:blowkiss:

I also apologize to anyone who did asked me a question in the other thread...I just seen 1, but someone kindly answered it for me! I'm reading quite slow these day's due to a 2 eyelid infections & a surgery to drain one of the lids late last week. I'm still slowly reading the doc dump & trying to stay caught up in other threads too!

I think everyone is burnt out and suffering from post-discovery and post-BC presser traumatic stress syndrome [P.BC.TSD]. It has been a frenetic and amazing few days!!!

After thinking (a few times) this is an outlandish crazy circus and just could not get any worse, in typical fashion it gets much much much worse.

I'd never believe this if it was on TV, even in an episode of the Sopranos I'd think it was one of those they take too far, too the extreme of plain crazyness.

Leila ~ Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?"

Countzero ~ My fence sitting is either CA was directly involved with the murder with KC or KC did it alone with CA knowing immediately afterwards.

I have not posted in many months, but have to say I agree with both of you. I have always believed CA knew what KC's involvement was by the tone of KC's voice. Like KC couldn't believe what she was hearing from her own Mother.

One thing that has bothered me is the pool box. When CA was showing Greta around the yard, she mentioned the bush under the window was moved and the pool box was going to be put under the window so Caylee wouldn't climb on it and fall in the pool. Why in the would would you put a oblong box against a round pool to begin with? And IIRC wasn't it under the window where one of the dogs hit?

Back to lurking.

^^^Quote underlined by :angel:^^^

Same with you Sparky...glad to hear from you again too! I have done the same as you in many threads....lurking about! :wink:

I've been trying to behave & make it here at WS's a yr without getting into too much trouble! :blushing:
Now for the 2nd year my fingers are :crossfinger:'s that I can keep my mouth shut no matter how upset I get about the A's, BC, KC, DC, Baez & his Dream Team, etc, etc.! I'll be on the other side of the monitor doing this to myself when tempted...:slap:
Posting media & following only about 10-12 other cases using my wings to fly all about! :innocent:

IIRC correctly you are right that the dogs hit under the window, the sandbox & I believe the playhouse too. It does amaze me that everytime there is a doc dump the A's have a PR tour on a national show, Baez files rediculous motions, crazy PC like yesterday's. They do something to try to pull something out of thousands of docs & try to turn it all around. Ignoring all of the other thousands of pieces of the grand puzzle that point to KC being the one responsible for Caylee's murder.

From what I have read & understood the duct tape can change dramatically from the enviroment it was in where Caylee was found. Swampy & filled with water after the hurricane in aprox. Aug. & the many months left out before Caylee was found. Plus wouldn't the duct tape take on the gascan change from the fumes of the gasoline & splashing on it too???

I wonder how long it'll be before we see BC in any other PC that the A's request him to do? I'm surprised that he has hung in there with this long to top it all off...that alone amazes me! :crazy:

On the other thread there seemed to be some question about the tape peices.

Q62-Q64 are the 3 pieces of tape that was found on the skull at the crime scene.

Q66 is the tape found on the gas can at the residence.

Q104 (I forgot to write the correct number down) was another piece of tape found at the crime scene. Not on the remains.

I wasn't sure how this odd moment came about until I just now watched the press conference for the first time.

Kealing said the highlights from Conway's document release were: 1. Fibers on duct tape found on Caylee's remains are inconsistent with fibers on tape on a gas tank in the Anthony home. 2. An unknown hair on the duct tape on Caylee's remains don't match the girl or her mother. 3. Test results show no matching fibers linking Casey's car to the crime scene.

WKMG-Channel 6's Mike DeForest said his station disputed the second example by showing Conway another FBI document that says no hair other than Caylee's was on the duct tape.

"At that point, Brad Conway basically backed off of this statement and said he wanted to do a little bit further research," DeForest said.

Later, WKMG cited reporter Tony Pipitone for challenging Conway on the point.

Brad "backed off" his statement because Pipitone confused him. He thought he and Pipitone both understood the same thing until Tony insisted that no hair other than Caylee's was found on the duct tape (according to the FBI). The confusion is related to the "unknown origin hair" being found on the collection paper. The collection paper was placed beneath the skull, skull duct tapes, and hair mass for the purpose of catching anything that might fall off during the various handlings inside the labs. Brad knows that this hair must have come from the skull, the tape, or the hair mass - and he should presume that Tony knows this as well. It's in the FBI doc dump. But Tony asks him if it is his understanding that a stray (unknown) hair was found on the duct tape. Brad says yes that is my understanding. Then Tony says that the FBI found no hair other than Caylee's on the duct tape. That's right - as we know it was found on the paper underneath this stuff. Brad's error was in assuming that Tony was asking a question for which the answer was already understood (from the docs). Brad becomes confused and then thinks that Tony might have seen something in the doc that he didn't. Something in there saying that only Caylee's hair was found with the body and there really is no "unknown origin hair" at all.

Anyway, it was an awkward moment and I felt sorry for Brad. Maybe he genuinely thought it was attached to the duct tape. I clarified in Thread #1 that the hair was on the paper meant to catch stuff that might fall off. We might be able to find out which item this hair was found beneath. It could have originally been stuck to the tape and then fell off. It could have come from the hair mass. It could be a contaminant. We only know that it is associated with the skull/tape/hair mass. Unfortunately the reporters don't correct or help the situation by explaining that the unknown hair was collected beneath these items and was not specifically stuck to the duct tape upon its discovery by a technician. Maybe they didn't know that either - but they could see that the FBI was talking about a single hair that did not belong to Caylee or Casey.

You can watch this bit at about 8:40 on this video of the conference.

Angel, just wanted to tell you that I hope your eyes start feeling better soon.

You are indeed an angel, with all the posting of news articles for us and how you keep us all up to date on so many cases. Thank you for all that you do. :blowkiss:

Angel Who Cares, not sure about anyone else here, but your posts are one of the first I read coming to the site. You always have the info of the day and the correct links for the live feeds so I don't have to go on a search for them. And your comments are spot on.

For that, I thank you. :clap::clap::clap:

I wasn't sure how this odd moment came about until I just now watched the press conference for the first time.

Brad "backed off" his statement because Pipitone confused him. He thought he and Pipitone both understood the same thing until Tony insisted that no hair other than Caylee's was found on the duct tape (according to the FBI). The confusion is related to the "unknown origin hair" being found on the collection paper. The collection paper was placed beneath the skull, skull duct tapes, and hair mass for the purpose of catching anything that might fall off during the various handlings inside the labs. Brad knows that this hair must have come from the skull, the tape, or the hair mass - and he should presume that Tony knows this as well. It's in the FBI doc dump. But Tony asks him if it is his understanding that a stray (unknown) hair was found on the duct tape. Brad says yes that is my understanding. Then Tony says that the FBI found no hair other than Caylee's on the duct tape. That's right - as we know it was found on the paper underneath this stuff. Brad's error was in assuming that Tony was asking a question for which the answer was already understood (from the docs). Brad becomes confused and then thinks that Tony might have seen something in the doc that he didn't. Something in there saying that only Caylee's hair was found with the body and there really is no "unknown origin hair" at all.

Anyway, it was an awkward moment and I felt sorry for Brad. Maybe he genuinely thought it was attached to the duct tape. I clarified in Thread #1 that the hair was on the paper meant to catch stuff that might fall off. We might be able to find out which item this hair was found beneath. It could have originally been stuck to the tape and then fell off. It could have come from the hair mass. It could be a contaminant. We only know that it is associated with the skull/tape/hair mass. Unfortunately the reporters don't correct or help the situation by explaining that the unknown hair was collected beneath these items and was not specifically stuck to the duct tape upon its discovery by a technician. Maybe they didn't know that either - but they could see that the FBI was talking about a single hair that did not belong to Caylee or Casey.

You can watch this bit at about 8:40 on this video of the conference.

The whole thing about the dna and the duct tape is confusing and getting more confusing. Just this morning on the Today Show I'm pretty sure I hear LKB say there is foreign dna on the duct tape ( at the 3:35 minute point)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1t_uONUbw"]YouTube - Today Show - Casey Anthony's Attorneys Speak Out 10/2/09[/ame],

I am attempting to understand this. Was the foreign dna collected at the scene traced back to a member of the forensic team?
Is there more mystery dna that was collected and not accounted for ?

Foreign DNA and hair or anything else for that matter, from an outdoor dumpsite is not uncommon. Look at all the garbage that was there. Anything could have been there. Just not sure where the spin on it all will go as far as Court proceedings.

The most logical answer is that the foreign DNA ( if it exists) probably belongs to the rightful owner, whoever Casey stole the tape from.

Leila ~ Cindy says, "Sweetheart, we don't know what your involvement is", and Casey responds sarcastically with, "Mom! YOU don't know what my involvement is?".

IIRC, this statement was the result of and related to Cindy's "cameo" on the news that KC was not happy about. Cindy said on the news, in response to a question about whether or not KC was involved in the disappearance, that they didn't know what or whether KC was involved. IMO, the statement by KC above was because she was mad that CA didn't outright deny that KC was involved. I do not believe for a second this implies CA's complicity in it; nor that it was code or doublespeak. KC was just pissed off that Mom didn't come to her complete defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie