1241 users online (270 members and 971 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you see a resemblence?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

11 61.11%
  • no

7 38.89%

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Listen carefully, It's up to you now,

Last edited by voynich; 10-01-2009 at 09:14 PM.

This is from Cherokee in FJF analysis of RN

Last edited by voynich; 10-01-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Which hand did you use left or right
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Which hand did you use left or right
    right

For what it's worth, voynich, you get an "A++" for effort. But I'm sorry to say that it was wasted.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    For what it's worth, voynich, you get an "A++" for effort. But I'm sorry to say that it was wasted.
    Why don't you give it a shot?

Try writing it out in your normal non-disguised handwriting, then attempt a forgery of the RN handwriting and see what you get.

What I learned, and you may as well, is that writing the RN in my normal handwriting (I always use unhooded "a") versus my attempt to emulate the RN handwriting shows how much and how easily handwriting can be changed. What I learned is attempting to forge the squiggles in otherwise straight lines is quite a bit of work.
    Last edited by voynich; 10-02-2009 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voynich View Post
    Why don't you give it a shot?

Try writing it out in your normal non-disguised handwriting, then attempt a forgery of the RN handwriting and see what you get.
    What makes you think I haven't? Or at least, something along those lines?

What I learned, and you may as well, is that writing the RN in my normal handwriting (I always use unhooded "a") versus my attempt to emulate the RN handwriting shows how much and how easily handwriting can be changed.
    That I knew. But saying that handwriting can be changed doesn't necessarily weaken my position.

What I learned is attempting to forge the squiggles in otherwise straight lines is quite a bit of work.
    So I noticed. And in that regard, I do give you a little lee-way. Don't get me wrong. But I doubt very seriously that the writer was trying to make the lines that erratic.

I've tried it as well.Didn't work out thought cause MY hands were not shaking when I wrote it.Yours probably also didn't and it shows.I don't think that the handwriting was disguised in the rn,those hands were shaking.At least that's what I see.
    The rice is already cooked...

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    I've tried it as well.Didn't work out thought cause MY hands were not shaking when I wrote it.Yours probably also didn't and it shows.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying.

I don't think that the handwriting was disguised in the rn,those hands were shaking.At least that's what I see.
    It could be both. But I get you (solidly).

Hi voynich.

Your illustration is appreciated.

Almost impossible to immitate a form or stroke that is not in your repertoire.

Did you write that 'ungloved'?

Also the RN was done left handed now I have tried several different ways of writting but still not having the emotions that was happening at that time still none of us could come close..
    Knowledge of time is precious.Wisdom of truth is more precious than time..Opinions I write are mine..

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Also the RN was done left handed now I have tried several different ways of writting but still not having the emotions that was happening at that time still none of us could come close..
    And Patsy could write with either hand. My sister is ambidextrous...or however the heck you spell that....I need to see if I can get her to write something with both hands, and see what, if any, difference there is.
    "This time we get it right."

As anyone noticed that left handed people write with the hand over the top of the paper where right handed lays it down at the bottom...Any left handed person here to help me out cause it seems this is how they write or at least everyone I saw so far...
    Last edited by Ravyn; 10-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Hiya Ravyn.

Hubs, the lefty, says lefties can write with their hand cusped over top of the pen.
    The other lefties, hubs included, write with their hand under the line, to avoid smudging.

What a great exercise, Voynich. A slight issue is that the RN we see is an Nth generation copy while yours is original so things like pen pressure are more apparent in yours.

I can't write with my left hand unless I basically guide it with my right hand. When I do that, I must say that my 'a' and my 'f' are pretty similar to the RN which perhaps tells a story about which letters northpaws struggle with when writing with their left hand.

I got my mother who is ambidextrous to write the first few lines with both hands (and will try during my week off to post the results). In all truth, the slant was a bit erratic with her weaker hand (which is also true of the real RN) and a fair number of her letters looked different but I could clearly see her handwriting in it. There again, she wasn't disguising her writing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast