1268 users online (237 members and 1031 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Man in Wheelchair Tackles Pedophile In Wal-Mart!

Colorado Man in Wheelchair Tackles Suspected Child Molester in Walmart

DA's Office, Golden, Colo.

Kevin Salyers was arrested and charged with sexual assault on a child.

Cameron Aulner doesn't think of himself as a hero. The wheelchair-bound Colorado resident says he just did what anyone else would do when he saved a little girl from a child molester right in the Walmart where he works.

Witnesses say a man sexually assaulted a young girl inside a Walmart in Westminster on Sept. 19, picked her up and then tried to flee the store, KDVR FOX 31 TV reported.

Aulner, 22, was working at the Comcast table in the front when he heard the commotion. He tackled the suspect, 34-year-old Kevin Salyers, before he could escape and held him until cops arrived, he said Tuesday in an interview with KDVR..............................

The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

In the article it said that Aulner has been in a wheelchair due to an accident hanging Christmas lights. It mentions he might get an award. I hope the people of the city get together and give this man a reward along with an award from the PD. Aulner didn't seem to give his health problem a second thought when it came time to rescue this girl from her attacker. He really deserves something and he is a great hero, in my eyes.

Somewhere out there ....
    And thats how's it's done ! Great job, this man is my HERO !

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

east coast
    wow what a guy.. he deserves an award for capturing this guy before he could do thie to other children or escalting to worse things.. Many kudos to Mr Aulner- another hero among us.

I agree. He does deserve something special. I can't imagine how grateful the parents of this little girl are.

Many grown men will stand back at a time like this and say things like they wish they could have done something or they were afraid the guy might have a gun. This guy didn't let that stop him! He is a special man!

A hero for sure!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Bless this man for his bravery and quick thinking. I can only echo the same as others; definitely a true hero!

SoCal LB area
    Yayyyyy- I like reading a story where the good guys win. It so often goes the other way.

Dude is a HERO!

He is truly a hero! His act of bravery definately deserves recognition.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    does anyone else agree with me that if more people did stuff like this, there wouldn't be so much crime?

all the experts, and even the police usually say to err on the side of caution & never approach a known/wanted criminal or in the case of a robbery/mugging, give 'em whatever they want & don't put yourself in danger

but I'm so tired of the mantra "don't be a hero!"

I think this world needs more heros