Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NV - Karamjit Kaur, 16, Reno, 30 Sept 2009

Wow I am just glad she is safe and her parents will have her home tonight.

Wow. When I saw that Karamjit had been found safe, my jaw honestly dropped. I was not expecting it. But I am so very thankful that she is safe. The circumstances are so bizarre, especially since she was found with a family member. At least the students at her school were talking and trying to help, because her immediately family certainly didn't seem to put 2+2 together, or didn't want to for some reason. But I'm not going to place any blame anywhere except for the BIL...for now.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    It seems at first glance that karmajit did NOT know this guy for long... just for a period of weeks! It think more charges will be coming (i hope)..

Karmajit! I am glad you are home safely!
    This bee my opinion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

I'm glad she's safe - that wasn't the way I thought this would go. But really, ewwwwwww! Shame on the BIL for thinking he could and/or should get away with this.

Something that is really bugging me, besides the "relationship" between the two, is the abduction aspect. LE says that they treated this as an abduction from the get-go. And yes, they did. And I applaud their efforts and their hard work to get Karamjit home safe. However...if this was an abduction from the beginning, where was the AMBER Alert?!?! (I know, it didn't meet the criteria, but that's exactly my point.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I hope the folks in this case aren't going to write this off as a cultural thing. 29 - 16 = yuck! Reno is not India and the BIL's WIFE is pregnant with his child, FGS. No excuses - all around.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    wow! I actually recall that case now!..... ya know... karamjit's case is making a bit more sense to me now... knowing the cultural backstory (or rather I can figure how it may have come to be..)
    This bee my opinion

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

It seems to me that they could charge this man with custodial interference. He did not have parental consent to take this young girl across the street, much less to another state.

Also, but didn't I read that Parvinder was to have left a couple of days prior to Karamjit's disappearance? The article was rather unclear as to whether or not he actually left. Maybe he really did leave the home, but didn't leave the city--waiting for the opportunity to meet up with her and take off together.
    Last edited by cleo612; 10-08-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234