1166 users online (236 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2009.09.30 Baez Motions-the missing Memos of Law/Exhibits

Two motions filed by Baez this week, looks like they were written by Andrea & students. The media put up the actual motions, but did not put up the Memorandums Of Law and Exhibits that were attached with the motions. I got them from the Clerk's office and thought they were interesting and worth discussion.

Motion to Preclude DP
    http://www.clickorlando.com/download...0/21164317.pdf

Memorandum of Law in Support of Defense Motion to Preclude DP Procedures (note that Page 9 is missing - either left out by Baez when filing, or lost at the Clerk's office - your guess as to which )

http://www.filedropper.com/093009mot...udedpmemooflaw

Near the end is a Table of Exhibits, documents which we already have. I hand-wrote the page numbers so they could be found and included for discussion. I also attached the interview excerpts of Amy H, Sean D and Jonathan D to make it easier, and also the snarky letter from Baez to LDB.

Motion to Dismiss Counts 1 and 2 of the Indictment Against CMA
    http://www.clickorlando.com/download...0/21163681.pdf

Memorandum of Law in Support of Motion to Dismiss Counts 1 and 2
    http://www.filedropper.com/093009mot...1and2memooflaw

The last page of this has a summary of Exhibits. I did not get copies of all of these, as they've mostly already been released. I hand wrote SA page numbers so they could be looked at (exhibit G is 6440-6450, my bad writing) and discussed.

Exhibit K is the FBI Lab Report released by Brad Conway this week. Missing from his release was page 9586, which I have included here.

http://www.filedropper.com/093009fbi...ismisscts1and2

To download from Filedropper: click the link above, click the "Download This File" button, enter a few Captcha letters/numbers and voila! it downloads to your computer. You do NOT need to sign up.

Here's what it looks like:

Enjoy! I'll be gone for a few days...

Dang you work fast. Have a safe trip to where ever you are traveling. Thanks again. Another job well done

Musikman, you just totally rock - thanks again for going the extra mile!
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

Wha,wha,wha !
    Sounds like whining
    I know it's their job,but give me a break! So, will the State have to show their additional evidence to answer this motion?
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

Page 9 missing.......me thinks wwe all know the answer.

First, thank you so much for providing this.

Second, the state doesn't have much in forensics.

This reports leaves no wiggle room on the duct tape on the skull compared to the duct tape on the gas can. They absolutely state they didn't come from the same roll.

Muzikman: Thank you (again!) for all of your dedication and time (well spent, might I add ). I have read the docs, well, with the exception of page 9 (duuuuuuhhhhhhhh JB), and have the same five words to say:

Jose & Linda: Do the words

Unwitting overdose of a sedative
    ring any bells?

Okay I'm not getting why page 9 would be missing...a little hint?
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

Question: the last 2 pages of the FBI evidence docs states that as per convo with Jeff A (was it??) that the vacuums and carpet cleaners taken from the A's residence post discovery of Caylee's remains were not tested??? Or just tested visually??? Am I way wrong on this? I cannot imagine why the vacuum and carpet cleaner would not be in little bitty pieces right now

Quote Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
    First, thank you so much for providing this.

Second, the state doesn't have much in forensics.

This reports leaves no wiggle room on the duct tape on the skull compared to the duct tape on the gas can. They absolutely state they didn't come from the same roll.
    BBM
    Do you have a link for this? I thought the adhesive was the same.

I missed something...........
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Caylee wasn't particularly vulnerable due to her familial relationship (p. 10)? With what we know now? You've got to be kidding me? She may have been safe with her grandparents...but considering no one knows what Casey did when she was alone on a daily basis with Caylee (with perhaps the exception that she talked A LOT or texted A LOT on the phone)...and the one time she is away with the child she "disappears"...I think it can be established that the child was no doubt vulnerable with her mother. I also have a strong suspicion that Caylee had been "lost" before.

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Caylee wasn't particularly vulnerable due to her familial relationship (p. 10)? With what we know now? You've got to be kidding me? She may have been safe with her grandparents...but considering no one knows what Casey did when she was alone on a daily basis with Caylee (with perhaps the exception that she talked A LOT or texted A LOT on the phone)...and the one time she is away with the child she "disappears"...I think it can be established that the child was no doubt vulnerable with her mother. I also have a strong suspicion that Caylee had been "lost" before.
    Like in the mall or something LOL..I agree.
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

I need to go back and reread the 40 pages but FWIW, IMO, with AL citing specific cases showing aggravating circumstances during the murder ( a mother beating child with bat, another case with defensive wounds showing the victim was aware they were being killed) and referencing the dp not being proposed in those cases it feels like the next page would cite cases that may be similar to what they may try to present in court (accidental death in some manner) as their explanation of what happened. Hiring Todd Macaluso was a big hint. He is an accident reconstruction expert. IMO page 9 references cases with accidental death. I could be off my rocker but I read the motion once and have NOT analyzed every bit. This is my first impression.

Came back in with my other thought. OR...page 9 could demonstrate the first written evidence we will see where they throw the A family under the bus.
    Last edited by sleutherontheside; 10-03-2009 at 02:18 PM.

[ Hiring Todd Macaluso was a big hint. He is an accident reconstruction expert. IMO page 9 references cases with accidental death.

SOS: respectfully snipped

Thanks for that little tidbit that I hadn't read before now. It kinda gives me back the little glimmers of hope that I keep feeling, only to have the defence try to miscredit them. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast