863 users online (114 members and 749 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573

    Talking Your Bra Could Save Your Life-And/Or Significant Others.

    Before reading please take a moment to sign Lance Armstrong's petition.

    Linky

    Except for one award: the gas mask bra, which, while ridiculous and hilarious at face value, has far more going on below the, er, neckline.

    Elena Bodnar, who lives in Chicago, got her start as a scientist in Ukraine, when she witnessed the devastating effects of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster"]the Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster[/ame] in 1986. She noticed, among other things, that women were wearing bras that may have been lacy but were certainly not life-saving.



    Last edited by Steely Dan; 10-03-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: To Add Lance Armstrong Thread Link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    667
    A husband and wife, or any two people, could share one as a face mask.

    This reminds me of the woman out fishing for swordfish or the like (seen on DHC) and one jumped out of the water and pierced her breast and ribcage. It drove her silicone breast implant into her lung space, providing a seal to her punctured lung and major vessels while she was transported to a hospital. They only discovered the breast implant saved her life after the fact, when they found it in her chest cavity.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteyGirl View Post
    A husband and wife, or any two people, could share one as a face mask.

    This reminds me of the woman out fishing for swordfish or the like (seen on DHC) and one jumped out of the water and pierced her breast and ribcage. It drove her silicone breast implant into her lung space, providing a seal to her punctured lung and major vessels while she was transported to a hospital. They only discovered the breast implant saved her life after the fact, when they found it in her chest cavity.
    Wow! As I'm sure you well know, breast implants can be used to identify victims as well.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    But what if the bra is.........tiny? Some women could probably save themselves and the rest of the neighborhood, while others would be gasping for breath as they tried to stretch a little AA over their nose and mouth!

    I've gotta email the link to my hubby, he will get a huge kick out of this! Thanks, DAN. (leave it to a guy to find this article!)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    But what if the bra is.........tiny? Some women could probably save themselves and the rest of the neighborhood, while others would be gasping for breath as they tried to stretch a little AA over their nose and mouth!

    I've gotta email the link to my hubby, he will get a huge kick out of this! Thanks, DAN. (leave it to a guy to find this article!)
    This is from the article;

    And for all the women out there who are worried about whether their cup size is too big or small to turn into effective gas masks: size, according to Bodnar, doesn't matter.

    I just thought of a great slogan for them; If you don't take off your bra then the terrorists have won.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    7,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    This is from the article;

    And for all the women out there who are worried about whether their cup size is too big or small to turn into effective gas masks: size, according to Bodnar, doesn't matter.

    I just thought of a great slogan for them; If you don't take off your bra then the terrorists have won.


    You are so funny!!! I guess us women just gotta help out any way we can in this war against terror!

  7. #7
    Miss_Scarlett's Avatar
    Miss_Scarlett is offline Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick?
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the secret passage...
    Posts
    383
    It's a great idea!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Scarlett View Post
    It's a great idea!
    In my opinion any excuse for a woman to take off her bra is a great idea!
    Last edited by Steely Dan; 10-05-2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: spelling

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In my opinion any excuse for a woman to take off her bra is a great idea!
    I concur steely dan, they are cruel and torturous devices - free them all!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,902
    First thing I thought of was the lady with an underwire bra on... she got shot at and the wire stopped the bullet from killing her. There was also a lady in another urban shooting situation: she had an old raggedy bra on and the frayed strap stopped a bullet.

    LoL @ Steely!!!




Similar Threads

  1. How significant were pageants in JonBenet's life?
    By eileenhawkeye in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 05:48 PM
  2. Dog Helps Save Man's Life
    By LinasK in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
  3. Inmates save deputy's life
    By grace60 in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM
  4. She took him into her life; now, he's helping save it
    By mysteriew in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 04:20 PM