863 users online (114 members and 749 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Talking Your Bra Could Save Your Life-And/Or Significant Others.

Before reading please take a moment to sign Lance Armstrong's petition.

Linky

Except for one award: the gas mask bra, which, while ridiculous and hilarious at face value, has far more going on below the, er, neckline.

Elena Bodnar, who lives in Chicago, got her start as a scientist in Ukraine, when she witnessed the devastating effects of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster"]the Chernobyl nuclear plant disaster[/ame] in 1986. She noticed, among other things, that women were wearing bras that may have been lacy but were certainly not life-saving.

Last edited by Steely Dan; 10-03-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: To Add Lance Armstrong Thread Link

A husband and wife, or any two people, could share one as a face mask.

This reminds me of the woman out fishing for swordfish or the like (seen on DHC) and one jumped out of the water and pierced her breast and ribcage. It drove her silicone breast implant into her lung space, providing a seal to her punctured lung and major vessels while she was transported to a hospital. They only discovered the breast implant saved her life after the fact, when they found it in her chest cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyGirl View Post
    A husband and wife, or any two people, could share one as a face mask.

This reminds me of the woman out fishing for swordfish or the like (seen on DHC) and one jumped out of the water and pierced her breast and ribcage. It drove her silicone breast implant into her lung space, providing a seal to her punctured lung and major vessels while she was transported to a hospital. They only discovered the breast implant saved her life after the fact, when they found it in her chest cavity.
    Wow! As I'm sure you well know, breast implants can be used to identify victims as well.

But what if the bra is.........tiny? Some women could probably save themselves and the rest of the neighborhood, while others would be gasping for breath as they tried to stretch a little AA over their nose and mouth!

I've gotta email the link to my hubby, he will get a huge kick out of this! Thanks, DAN. (leave it to a guy to find this article!)

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    But what if the bra is.........tiny? Some women could probably save themselves and the rest of the neighborhood, while others would be gasping for breath as they tried to stretch a little AA over their nose and mouth!

I've gotta email the link to my hubby, he will get a huge kick out of this! Thanks, DAN. (leave it to a guy to find this article!)
    This is from the article;

And for all the women out there who are worried about whether their cup size is too big or small to turn into effective gas masks: size, according to Bodnar, doesn't matter.

I just thought of a great slogan for them; If you don't take off your bra then the terrorists have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    This is from the article;

And for all the women out there who are worried about whether their cup size is too big or small to turn into effective gas masks: size, according to Bodnar, doesn't matter.

I just thought of a great slogan for them; If you don't take off your bra then the terrorists have won.

You are so funny!!! I guess us women just gotta help out any way we can in this war against terror!

Miss_Scarlett is offline Oh, come on, you don't think I'm gonna fall for that old trick?
    It's a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Scarlett View Post
    It's a great idea!
    In my opinion any excuse for a woman to take off her bra is a great idea!
    Last edited by Steely Dan; 10-05-2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In my opinion any excuse for a woman to take off her bra is a great idea!
    I concur steely dan, they are cruel and torturous devices - free them all!

First thing I thought of was the lady with an underwire bra on... she got shot at and the wire stopped the bullet from killing her. There was also a lady in another urban shooting situation: she had an old raggedy bra on and the frayed strap stopped a bullet.

LoL @ Steely!!!