George's comments to Detective Amege on 8/5/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhall

Reaction score
I've been spending some time on a document released on 07/30 that I've not had time to read through. It's this one full of tips:

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20226973/detail.html

On page 49 and 50 of that pdf is a tip from a Luke Phillips who called Detective Eric Amege of OCSO. He stated in a voicemail that he knew where Caylee was and that she was being held by two armed persons.

Then George Anthony call Detective Amege and that's where things really become surreal.

1. George called Amege because he had his business card from a previous contact several months before (this is in August). What previous contact??? What happened several months before that required an OCSO detective to be involved?

2. George verifies Dominic Casey is not working for the Anthony family at that time.

3. And here's the mindblower: George Anthony was aware of the given location of Caylee as provided by Luke Phillips but was unsure if he would give that info to OCSO.

WTF??? GA was NOT going to give a location that he thought his granddaughter might be being held by armed people?

OMG....I'm speechless.

It could be read that GA was unsure if he (luke Phillips) would give that info to OCSO.
Just another thought after a quick read.

ETA: okay afer re reading i do not think that the "he" is GA.

It could be read that GA was unsure if he (luke Phillips) would give that info to OCSO.
Just another thought after a quick read.

I do agree it COULD be, but it outright states George Anthony is aware of the given location as provided by Phillips. With that said, it doesn't matter if the last part of the sentence refers to Phillips or George. George apparently didn't give it over.

Is this about the same time GA started his crap about having a location under surveillance where they thought Caylee was being held?

I do agree it COULD be, but it outright states George Anthony is aware of the given location as provided by Phillips. With that said, it doesn't matter if the last part of the sentence refers to Phillips or George. George apparently didn't give it over.

Is this about the same time GA started his crap about having a location under surveillance where they thought Caylee was being held?
Give them the location where the 2 men were holding her hostage?
It could be read that GA was calling to make sure they followed up on this lead.

ETA: it would be kind of odd to call and say I know something you don't know and I am not going to tell you. why would he call at all?
I think this is just worded poorly jmho of course.

Thank you for this link, but do you have any advice on how to locate the calls to their address? Is there a particular place to navigate to?
the calls are in the thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2685248&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Official Documents-Audio-Arrest Updates No Discussion[/ame]

From Official Documents thread.

Thanks, guys. I'm guess 2 years could be referred to as several months back. That would be the closest call (June 2006 stolen vehicle) to the time of the tip.

Thanks, guys. I'm guess 2 years could be referred to as several months back. That would be the closest call (June 2006 stolen vehicle) to the time of the tip.

Could it be that the contact happened during one of GA's security jobs? Maybe he had to report some sort of criminal activity at one of the locations he was assigned to??

Could it be that the contact happened during one of GA's security jobs? Maybe he had to report some sort of criminal activity at one of the locations he was assigned to??

That could very well be. And, even seems very plausible. The 2 years is stretching it for "several months" to work. I'm leaning toward your suggestion.

could be the gas cans of 6/24/08, while it was only a month and a half maybe he thought it was a several months.

I also noticed that while the detetive staes that LP knew the location of the 2 suspects holding Caylee hostage, the detective does not reveal it in the statement. the same could be true for his report of his vm from GA. IOW, gA said he knew of the location but wasn't sure if LP was turning it over to the OCSO and perhaps GA names it on the vm but the detective didn;t reveal it there either. Not sure , but again, seems poorly worded or I need mas cafe'

I also noticed that while the detetive staes that LP knew the location of the 2 suspects holding Caylee hostage, the detective does not reveal it in the statement. the same could be true for his report of his vm from GA. IOW, gA said he knew of the location but wasn't sure if LP was turning it over to the OCSO and perhaps GA names it on the vm but the detective didn;t reveal it there either. Not sure , but again, seems poorly worded or I need mas cafe'

I think you're right. I think it's just terribly worded. Because if you read like it's written, it doesn't make GA look to good. But at that time, GA was being cooperative, so I can't see him saying "I'm not telling you." Now...a few months down the road, yeah, but not at the first of August.

None of it makes any sense to me. It can't be a coincidence that Luke and George just happen to call the same Orlando PD detective. So either George told Luke to call Det. Amege or Luke told George that was who he talked to. Why would George say that about having his card from months ago unless he told Luke to call him. Why wouldn't he call OCSO instead of Orlando PD. I'm confused. Going back to read it again for like the fifth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine