8 Fort Carson soldiers killed in battle in Afghanistan

spamelope

Reaction score
Eight soldiers from Fort Carson's 4th Brigade Combat Team died in Afghanistan when insurgents attacked a pair of remote outposts in Nuristan province, two Colorado Springs media outlets reported Sunday.

The Army hasn't identified the dead, but the Colorado Springs Gazette and KOAA-TV said military sources confirmed that all eight were from the 4th Infantry Division's 4th Brigade, which went to war in May.

http://www.denverpost.com/frontpage/ci_13485884

RIP you fine young soldiers. My prayers to their families and friends.

My prayers for their friends, family and loved ones. Prayers also that Obama will approve the help that they need.

This is a terrible tragedy; evidently that outpost was not well protected. The number of deaths just this month are way too many.

It's time to make big decisions about what will work in Afghanistan, and what doesn't work.

I am so sick of this war. I am so sick of losing our men and women to it.
As my husband (with 22 years in the Air Force) says, "people don't realize what they're fighting against. These people don't have the same values you and I do, their mindset would be totally foreign to most of us. They're animals."

I feel so badly for any of the families who have lost honorable, kind, men and women to the likes of this war.

It's past time to bring them home.

I am interested to know if your hubby wants them out too? My husband was 8 years total service between Army and National Guard and feels more soilders are needed vs. pulling them all out. I assumed most felt the way he did, that had a military background. I personally don't know the answer. I pray for our President, as he can't have an easy choice in front of him...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back