GA - Ashley 'AJ' Jewell, 35, dies in altercation, Atlanta, 2 Oct 2009

I wonder how her mom feels because she didn't like him one bit.

I feel so bad for her. She's my favorite one on RHoA. In fact, she's almost the only one I can stand on any of the RH shows. (I'm not even going to watch the Orange County one coming up because I hate two of them so much.)
I think Kandi's mom was probably right on with her assessment of A.J., but Kandi loved him so much and, going by what they showed, he loved her, too.

I heard, and not sure if it's true, that Kandy has custody of two (twin girls) of his six children. She made the statement that they needed a strong female in their life. She just seems like such a great person. I'm sorry something like this happened to her (even though they were no longer engaged I'm sure she still cared very much about him).

Most of the reports yesterday said "ex-fiance". The television show just hasn't caught up to real life. Bravo was trying to decide how they were going to handle the rest of the shows since at this point Kandy and AJ are still planning their wedding. Bravo felt that it would be confusing to the viewers. I think anyone that follows the show would know what happened and realize that these episodes were taped before AJ's death. They must think we're really stupid.

the man arrested co owned the night club with AJ supposedly...Heard it on a news program in the background this morning, off to find a link...

This is the first thread I've ever started so I'm glad it was "of interest" to others here.
I've found quite a few articles since beginning this thread, that seem to answer most of the questions here...I'll link below!

Interview from last month where Kandy talks about her mom's feelings for AJ, she and AJ's separation, and his twins that are staying with her...lot's of details here.

http://www.essence.com/news_enterta...s/kandi_buruss_i_take_the_good_with_the_bad/#

Also, quite a few articles on AJ's death here:
http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/respect-may-have-been-155280.html?imw=Y

Kandi is the only housewife that truly has it together. And she doesn't act stupid and childish by stirring up and engaging in drama. I feel bad for her, even though they were broken up, I'm sure she still had feelings for him. I really like her and hope she's going to be okay.

This story killed me when I read it the other day-thanks for the thread. FWIW, I didn't think they would make it to the alter because there was so much pressure on her to back out. It was too hard to get a sense of him, but I find it a little odd she had his daughters still living with her.

After reading what Kandy said about him, I have a little better understanding of what type of person he was. Or maybe I should say what she saw in him. She said that he "had his own" before they got together. Even though he agreed to be on the show with her he didn't like it. Might be why we only heard him say a couple of sentences and hardly ever really being a part of whatever was going on during the episode. Also, I imagined him having six kids with different baby mamas. She said that he had been married before (not sure how many of the kids were from his marriage).

I was curious about the daughters too. The same article I read the above in said the the grandmother had custody but the girls got to be a little more than she could handle, so Kandy took them.

My understanding from the show is that he had 6 kids with 4 seperate ladies...But I am not sure if there are how many with each mom.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back