1185 users online (243 members and 942 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Celebs wearing "Find Haleigh" T-Shirts.

There is a cause called "Snapshot Search" and two actors from the Soap Opera "As the World Turns" are working with this to help find missing children. Michael Park(Jack Snyder) and Mick Hazen (Parker) are shown in a photo wearing "Find Haleigh" T-Shirts. I think its great they are doing this. Below is the source and info about the project:

SOURCE: Mick H. (Parker) and Michael P. (Jack) work with Snapshot Search to find missing kids - boards.soapcentral.com

The Snapshot Search project is a project working with celebrities by using pictures of them holding up posters of missing children or wearing tee-shirts featuring them. The website for the project is coming (very) soon. Mick sent in his and Michael's picture today and I wanted to share it.

Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 02:05 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    I think this is a great idea!!

This story gave me goose bumps....This is wonderful.

I had a visceral reaction, as well. Not so sure it was one of the wonderful kind. That's just me, though.....or it could be the cheesy crab/artichoke dip from last night.

Here is the link to the website:

http://snapshotsearch.net/

Right now its just a the preview page. It looks like they are featuring Haleigh as she is in the preview page as well.

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    Bravo to them~ I wish this poor baby to be found safe
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

It would be nice to see someone like Oprah do this. Sadly I dont think she'd swap her $2000 blouse or cardy for a Tee despite it being for such a great cause.
    It's upsetting that other missing children get so little media attention. Wouldn't it be nice to see journos and celebs wearing a Tee with the face of a different missing child each day? They all deserve to be noticed, seen and found.
    JMO

I realize that any efforts to find missing children helps....but when celebs do it, and especially in this manner, it feels more like a publicity stunt than it does a real effort.

I don't care if it may be a publicity stunt.

Anything to get her face and story out there is okay with me.

Whatever it takes to bring her home.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    I don't care if it may be a publicity stunt.

Anything to get her face and story out there is okay with me.

Whatever it takes to bring her home.
    TOTALLY agree!

Putting Caylee's face out there contributed to money for the Anthony's. I suspect the same with this case.

.........I am waiting for Roy Kronk. Send in the Utility Workers!

Debs, It wasn't the dip that caused your reaction...IMO...lol

I don't know if it's good or bad. Some celebs do take up various causes. Courtney Cox came back to AL and did a benefit auction to help raise funds for the Natalee Holloway search.
    And there is no such thing as bad publicity, to some of these celebs.

I'm one of the girls running this site, I only just found this page and I know it's been a while, but I wanted to clear things up: This was NOT just a publicity stunt. I personally talk to Mick and he is an amazing person, he wanted to do whatever he could to help - not only did he take the pictures, but he's also worn the shirt out in public. It is the same with the other celebrities that have been involved. Mick, along with Daniel Manche and Maia Krall Fry both were asking us what else they could do to help after they took their pictures. Not all celebs are bad people. The ones involved in Snapshot Search so far are some of the nicest, most caring people out there. They received no money for doing this, nor did they give us any money. Megan (another girl who runs the project) personally paid for and sent the shirts to Mick and Michael. The others involved have printed posters and taken pictures. There has been no money exchanged at all.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I've been watching As The World Turns since its inception, and I've seen the cast members do many things for charity, so I think this is just another of their good works. I do think they mean it. These two guys (Michael and Mick) are especially active in supporting worthy causes. No need to think it's a publicity stunt. Actors of daytime dramas have always been extra generous with their time.

By the way, they play father and son on ATWT. The other guy, Daniel Manche, plays the other son.

I don't recognize the girl and the little guy.

Haleigh's album is here: http://snapshotsearch.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=8

Haleigh's celebs are here: http://snapshotsearch.net/Gallery/index.php?cat=10

I hope these work because the other links weren't working properly. I had to hunt around for the proper pages. The soapcentral link only brought me to a bad page.
    Last edited by Zoe Bogart; 07-06-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Let's say you or I were celebs--would that change our interest in finding Haleigh or, I just can't name them all--the missing kids? I sure as sundown would still invest what time I had and use whatever tools I had. We are becoming such a suspicious society. Sometimes a good deed is just that--a good deed. JMO
    As I walk through this wicked world, searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity. I ask myself--Is all hope lost? Is there only pain and hatred, and misery? And each time I feel like this inside, There's one thing I wanna know: What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Nick Lowe

HALEIGH, LISA, ALIAYAH & ALL THE MISSING NEED US

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast