5 Surprising Ways to Get More Energy

Thank you, Dark Knight!

Ever since I started working the 'graveyard' shift (as Night Auditor at a hotel in a ski resort area), I have been trying to get adjusted to being up all night and sleeping during the day. It hasn't come easy for me.

I am trying to combat the perpetual feeling of sluggishness I've been feeling the past few months because of this disruption in my natural sleep patterns, so I'm going to give these suggestions a try!

I especially look forward to using the 'citrus' one!

Thank you, Dark Knight!

Ever since I started working the 'graveyard' shift (as Night Auditor at a hotel in a ski resort area), I have been trying to get adjusted to being up all night and sleeping during the day. It hasn't come easy for me.

I am trying to combat the perpetual feeling of sluggishness I've been feeling the past few months because of this disruption in my natural sleep patterns, so I'm going to give these suggestions a try!

I especially look forward to using the 'citrus' one!

I've been a graveyard shift worker most of my adult life. Now, to be fair, I am naturally a night owl, so it's easier for me than others. But it is a matter of getting used to it and adjusting your body to the new cycle. I hope and pray these work for you! :)

It's funny, because I actively campaigned for this position.

I've worked here at this hotel for a couple of years, and figured I was a night owl, too. Night Auditor is a bit more money, etc., so I figured it would be a piece of cake adjusting... lol!

It's not really the staying up at night that is difficult for me, it's the sleeping during the day!

Thank you again, Dark Knight!

It's funny, because I actively campaigned for this position.

I've worked here at this hotel for a couple of years, and figured I was a night owl, too. Night Auditor is a bit more money, etc., so I figured it would be a piece of cake adjusting... lol!

It's not really the staying up at night that is difficult for me, it's the sleeping during the day!

Thank you again, Dark Knight!

Yeah I almost always have to sleep twice during the day. It's hard to stay asleep for several hours straight, so go back and take a nap later. Hope this helps!

I got really sick while working the graveyard shift, and was diagnosed diabetic shortly after moving to daytime. I am a little over my "ideal" weight but not much. Definitely not in the morbidly obese category. The weight gain reached its peak during my graveyard shift time. I started to have heart troubles too. My problems are also improving the more "normal" I make my sleep patterns.

I have always wondered if the 2 were related. This article seems to think so.

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/jul2003/nf20030711_4474_db035.htm

I had more problems with sleeping during the day too. I could stay up all night no prob, as I am also a natural night owl, but I had a hard time sleeping and staying asleep during the day. I really feel for all of the graveyard shift people. I especially like the socks idea:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back