Defense document - KC swears she didn't report.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macushla

Our Royal Himalayan Gopher Hounds
Reaction score
According to articles in Today's Current Events, The Defense added to it's dismissal motions a document signed by KC swearing that she did not report Caylee missing until Cindy called on July 15th and that she told deputies she dropped Caylee off with Zanny.

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...asey_case.html

Why would the DEFENSE want these facts revisited? I can think of no explanation of why this would be a help to the defense. I am really scratching my head over this one. Not reporting Caylee missing is, IMHO, one of the most damaging pieces of evidence against KC - why is the defense using it as a exhibit for dismissing the murder charge?

ETA: Sorry all, the link doesn't work - I did something wrong. However, the link is correct in the Current Events thread!

She never reported Caylee missing at all. But, she must be sticking to the "script" nonsense that she has put forth at various times....or it was included mistakenly and will go to the incompetent defense fall back position if and when she is convicted.

According to articles in Today's Current Events, The Defense added to it's dismissal motions a document signed by KC swearing that she did not report Caylee missing until Cindy called on July 15th and that she told deputies she dropped Caylee off with Zanny.

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...asey_case.html

Why would the DEFENSE want these facts revisited? I can think of no explanation of why this would be a help to the defense. I am really scratching my head over this one. Not reporting Caylee missing is, IMHO, one of the most damaging pieces of evidence against KC - why is the defense using it as a exhibit for dismissing the murder charge?

Ok, I will first disclose I have only had three cups of coffee this am, but I am sitting here doing the "huh ..........." "excuse me, but what?????"

Are we missing something here ........ why? unless JB is going on some assumption (not me, lol) that the initial report was in error. Which it wasn't because each of the sworn affidavits signed by the A clan have the 6.09.08 date as last date Caylee was seen.

Where is JB going with this. I want to read it. Not really but I need a good laugh today since my Tigers lost last night :sick:.

Maybe becaue KC is going to say that she dropped of Caylee with Zanny and so she felt she was safe and didnt need to report her missing

Maybe becaue KC is going to say that she dropped of Caylee with Zanny and so she felt she was safe and didnt need to report her missing

What about the conversation with her brother and mother where she admitted her child had been missing for 31 days..? That was what prompted the first 911 call.

Remember when KC went with LE all the way down the hall at Universal before finally admitting she lied.

KC may be playing JB the same way in that she is still walking down a hallway of deceit but she hasn't reached the end yet..

Maybe this is part of the bus rolling. Maybe they will continue to argue that..... "CA is responsible for the death because SHE reported her missing NOT KC. Thus, it wasn't KC's fault. She followed the script, CA didn't." Divert blame!!!

What about the conversation with her brother and mother where she admitted her child had been missing for 31 days..? That was what prompted the first 911 call.

I'm sure this has to do with " when everyone hears KC's statement as to what happened we will all understand" I'm just trying to make sense of all of it, but.... I have sat and thought about all the events that have taken place in this case and have come to the conculsion that you just can't figure out CRAZY!:confused

Hi ZsaZsa! Actually, the third 911 call was prompted by Casey's revelation that Caylee was in fact missing. The first two calls were kind of Cindy's way of trying to bluff. Recall she said she had someone in her home that she needed to be arrested for stealing money and a car? It was the third and final 911 call when we heard the frantic and almost hysterical Cindy stating her granddaughter was actually missing.:blushing:

Where JB is going with this monkey business is any mans guess...

I think the reason for the added info to the motion to dismiss charges I & II is that the SA responded to the original motion that it was legally flawed and should not even be considered for that reason.

In this clip http://www.clickorlando.com/video/21210525/index.html, it says the motion to dismiss can only be considered in very limited circumstances and it fails to include sworn statements by the defendant which is required. "Must swear to any or all material facts" that would prove her innocence and the state would have to agree to those facts. As to circumstantial evidence, the state says they have to wait until it is presented to a jury to decide to dismiss, as reported by clickorlando.
I think the added sworn statements by kc to the motion is an attempt to satisfy the requirements to dismiss as outlined in the clip.

Didn't the SA state in his response to JB's motion to dismiss, that JB's motion was not valid unless and until KC swore to material facts? Maybe the defense knows these facts are irrefutable (that KC didn't report Caylee missing and she told detectives that she left Caylee with Zanny) so there is no harm swearing to these known facts? And that way the motion is valid?

I know my post isn't worded very artfully...too early and hurts my head to think about KC first thing in the morning.

Maybe this is part of the bus rolling. Maybe they will continue to argue that..... "CA is responsible for the death because SHE reported her missing NOT KC. Thus, it wasn't KC's fault. She followed the script, CA didn't." Divert blame!!!

Well the SODDI had better be Mafia Martians, because so far we haven't seen anybody else who remotely qualifies as someone who would want to kidnap and kill Caylee. (And maybe ZFG was a "10" Martian.) I'm surprised KC hasn't heard "voices" yet repeating the script.

I cannot imagine how the defense will divert blame to CA simply because she finally called LE after 31 days and interrupted the partying, uh, the script.

Maybe one of our legal eagles could think of a reason this would fall in the category of defense strategy and not just idiocy.

Casey swore she worked at Universal, was going to get her parents home and George had a mini stroke too. So what. Caseys sworn word means nothing. I don't understand.

The problem with the stated "so called facts" is that there is no Zanny the Nanny. If the Defense pushes forward with that revelation as their basis of facts to support a dismissal, then the State voids it with the reasoning that Casey didn't drop Caylee off with a nanny because it would imply that she actually had a job that she was at, which during the interrogation at Universal it was confirmed by Casey that she really didn't work there. FACT

Casey is so very guilty of this crime, BUT... I shake my head in disbelief at the incompetence of her defense. Who in their right mind would use her sworn affidavit that she dropped her little girl off with a nanny, one that doesn't exist!:loser:

Okay, I just read the article and it says KC swears she did not report Caylee missing until CA called LE (true) and that she told LE that she had dropped Caylee off at ZFG's (true).

Since both these statements are true, (even though it was a lie when she told LE about Zanny), I guess we can consider her making them "truthful", which makes her 2 to 2,000,000 at this point.

I still can't see the advantage of admitting you did not report your child missing for a month and lying to police (unless they want to say "Zanny" is not ZFG, which is just poopoo-caca).

I'm trying to come up with some facts that Casey can actually agree with the SA on. Let's see..
1. Caylee was a real child
2. Caylee was her biological child
3. Caylee was murdered and the body was dumped in a swamp area
4. Casey can swear she never reported Caylee missing
5. Casey can swear that she didn't have a job at Universal

Those would have been better items to agree upon as a defense attorney. Casey needs to be found GUILTY, but she needs to be found guilty while being defended by a competent defense team.

I agree with the posters who said that the defence was trying to "upgrade" the motion so it met the requirements ie, must have sworn statements.

However these material facts DO NOT HELP one bit! The motion still comes NO WHERE NEAR proving what it needs to in order even get a hearing! Once again JoseBGood is showing his great lawyerin' skills.

She is only swearing she SAID. Yep, I see defense new theory. She was protecting someone else.

I would think if KC was following the "script" to the letter she would still have it and given it to LE for evidence. Fingerprints, DNA, etc.???? No prints are possible from an Imaginanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni