1339 users online (307 members and 1032 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sheriff Rupf

Quote Originally Posted by my2sisters View Post
    Many here have speculated about there being more to this story than what has been reported. That perhaps there was the involvement of others, such as the Molino's, the unnamed accomplice and others (?). I've mentioned that Contra Costa County has a history of corruption and LE could be involved in a cover-up. I've been following a local newspapers forum and several have posted comments about this and about Sheriff Rupf. The following is a post from that site:

Tuesday, 10/06/2009 - 4:37 p.m. PDT
    "It is with great hesitation that I admit the following: I am currently a deputy sheriff for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office, AND I agree with allegations read in this thread of Sheriff Rupf's malicious conduct. I have witnessed Rupf's behavior which some have called "criminal."

http://forums.contracostatimes.com/topic/your-turn-contra-costa-sheriff-rupfs-stand-up-was-political-posturing#new

There are also other posts worth reading. Remember, Sheriff Rupf apologized after PG's arrest, then shortly after announced his retirement.
    (thanks i.b.nora)
    Last edited by JBean; 10-07-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: copyright

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    If all these allegation are correct I hope his retirement will have no pension or any other perks.
    I hope he will have to spend the rest of his days repenting about JC and maybe many more too.
    but I hope JC will get his retirment fund and more.

Rupf's pension will be $200,000 a year according to sources at the Contra Costa Times!

I don't know if the allegations are true, but I thought we should have it here to discuss and to have a thread for adding information as we get it.

Video - Contra Costa County Board of Supervisor Meeting Oct. 6, 2009
    Time 40.28 Investigation into Garrido case requested.
    Last edited by my2sisters; 10-07-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: incorrect

2sisters: Since you live in Antioch, hence Contra Costa County, I can understand your wanting to know more about your elected Sheriff. I don't live there, although I am in the general area, and I have to admit that my life is not really directly affected by him or the Department.

I have been carefully reading those posts at The Contra Costa Times forum, and I it seems to me that the poster RuffNtuff is actually the same guy that appears on that video at yesterday's Board of Supervisors meeting. He is the same guy I pointed out on that other thread last night. He has his own agenda, and honestly I just can't get behind his cause. Frankly, I think he is lying. But, that's just me.
    He was awarded a large 5 figure settlement (or, if he is to be believed, he was forced to settle). A large 5 figure settlement could be as much as $99,999.00. So, was he filing suit for more than that? I really can't figure out why exactly he is soooooo disgruntled. And, his real beef is with some Lieutenant, now Captain.

The other shocking things that I think the same RuffNtuff refers people to is another forum where the people are all talking about how bad all the area Sheriffs are because they do not support what they call CCW, which I believe is about permits to 'Carry Concealed Weapons'. Just what you need in Antioch, right?

I will keep looking, but I can't find anything that would make me think that Rupf has been detrimental to Contra Costa County. And, as far as the pension goes, well it goes with the job. I think its a little high myself, but it is up to the voters to get active about all that stuff.

The fact that a deputy screwed up that visit really wasn't good. But, I don't think its something that anyone should get fired over. Maybe the deputy should get some kind of penalty, but unless, he has a history of bad performance or continues to make poor decisions, then I just don't think he should be fired. Those are my current thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    2sisters: Since you live in Antioch, hence Contra Costa County, I can understand your wanting to know more about your elected Sheriff. I don't live there, although I am in the general area, and I have to admit that my life is not really directly affected by him or the Department.

I have been carefully reading those posts at The Contra Costa Times forum, and I it seems to me that the poster RuffNtuff is actually the same guy that appears on that video at yesterday's Board of Supervisors meeting. He is the same guy I pointed out on that other thread last night. He has his own agenda, and honestly I just can't get behind his cause. Frankly, I think he is lying. But, that's just me.
    He was awarded a large 5 figure settlement (or, if he is to be believed, he was forced to settle). A large 5 figure settlement could be as much as $99,999.00. So, was he filing suit for more than that? I really can't figure out why exactly he is soooooo disgruntled. And, his real beef is with some Lieutenant, now Captain.

The other shocking things that I think the same RuffNtuff refers people to is another forum where the people are all talking about how bad all the area Sheriffs are because they do not support what they call CCW, which I believe is about permits to 'Carry Concealed Weapons'. Just what you need in Antioch, right?

I will keep looking, but I can't find anything that would make me think that Rupf has been detrimental to Contra Costa County. And, as far as the pension goes, well it goes with the job. I think its a little high myself, but it is up to the voters to get active about all that stuff.

The fact that a deputy screwed up that visit really wasn't good. But, I don't think its something that anyone should get fired over. Maybe the deputy should get some kind of penalty, but unless, he has a history of bad performance or continues to make poor decisions, then I just don't think he should be fired. Those are my current thoughts.
    as much as the patrol officer screwed up by not even checking the yard he didnt have the info that garrido was a RSO either. so there's plenty of blame to go around here.

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    as much as the patrol officer screwed up by not even checking the yard he didnt have the info that garrido was a RSO either. so there's plenty of blame to go around here.
    Who exactly was supposed to give him the info that Garrido was a sex offender? It's not like someone is going to follow him around giving him the information on all the people he is asked to check on.
    He's not done the background check, obviously. The campus cops did the background check on Garrido when he showed up there to distribute literature. Why didn't this officer just do the same thing?
    Last edited by jjenny; 10-07-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Who exactly was supposed to give him the info that Garrido was a sex offender? It's not like someone is going to follow him around giving him the information on all the people he is asked to check on.
    He's not done the background check, obviously. The campus cops did the background check on Garrido when he showed up there to distribute literature. Why didn't this officer just do the same thing?
    i thought he did a background check but it wasnt in the records.
    thats what i was trying to say.
    maybe that's just the excuse he gave

I don't think he ever did a background check.
    I fail to see how it would not be in the records. Garrido registered as a sex offender in CA since 1999.

Whomever it was that was "supposed" to give that info to the officer obviously didn't. Point is, in this day and age with the technology that is out there, he could have simply got it himself. If the Berkeley campus cops can do it, why can't the CC Sheriff's dept???? There is NO excuse for NOT knowing that this guy was a registered sex offender........NONE! Holy cow, you'd think it would be their homework if nothing else!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    Whomever it was that was "supposed" to give that info to the officer obviously didn't. Point is, in this day and age with the technology that is out there, he could have simply got it himself. If the Berkeley campus cops can do it, why can't the CC Sheriff's dept???? There is NO excuse for NOT knowing that this guy was a registered sex offender........NONE! Holy cow, you'd think it would be their homework if nothing else!!!!
    I don't think anybody is supposed to be giving info to the officer. I would think the officer himself should be doing background checks, just like Berkley campus cops did. Even Garrido's neighbor found out Garrido was a sex offender by looking in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    lazy incompetent stupid or all of the above?

I don't think anybody is supposed to be giving info to the officer. I would think the officer himself should be doing background checks, just like Berkley campus cops did. Even Garrido's neighbor found out Garrido was a sex offender by looking in the database.
    I remember reading, and I have no idea where or when, that the SO computers were down and that he should have checked later when they were back up, but didn't.

BBM
    Who was supposed to give him the info?
    It is not as if only one time complaint on PG: Seems to me several times different neighbors placed a complaint. I know that if someone gets a ticket for their driving, a cop can check them in a minute, and find out if they have more tickets, warrants, prison records it takes but one minute. We are in the computer age. they no longer have to go look chit up on index cards filed somewhere.

When I work on something I gather my own info...As the LE & PO should have
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by my2sisters View Post
    I remember reading, and I have no idea where or when, that the SO computers were down and that he should have checked later when they were back up, but didn't.
    To me it seems that is just a BS excuse.
    18 years...........
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast