Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 326 to 343 of 343

Thread: Starting from scratch

  1. #326
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    I believe BK can file himself without any cost either due to his circumstances. I know the courts allow that when the petitioner can not afford court costs.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  2. #327
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    Two things.

    First, this is copied from the Solve the BK mystery facebook page previously linked.

    First, it is my understanding Richmond PD believed Mr. Kyle was homeless at the time he was found and still stands by that belief (according to previous posts.) When was it ever determined by LE that Mr. Kyle was not a transient or homeless?

    Secondly, is it apparent to anyone besides myself that NB and possibly BK himself refuse to investigate the possiblity that Mr. Kyle may have been a transient? I am getting the impression, much of the pressure that BK may be feeling comes directly from NB herself. Perhaps Mr. Kyle has heard so many nice and kind things, compliments of himself from NB, she has convinced him it would be shameful in some sort of way if he was homeless. Perhaps she can not convince herself of that possiblity.

    IIRC, there were some leads from a minister in TX who believes he met BK in the mid 80's, gave a description of this man, and BK/NB absolutely flat out refused to investigate that possibility because it is not possible in their minds Mr. Kyle may have in fact been homeless.

    I really have to state the limited avenues BK and NB choose to pursue, along with the blatent mistatements repeated over and over Mr. Kyle was severly beaten are a tremendous hinderance to his being identified.

    I am still hoping to see the documentation which proves there are no records that Mr. Kyle was ever severly beaten and that is a myth coming from either NB, BK and continued by CF.

    JMO
    Last edited by Cubby; 03-31-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  4. #328
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    699
    I think also, the reason this avenue wasn't taken(getting a new ssn), is due to loosing rights to his old ss number when he is identified and loosing benefits he already has?

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carolwood For This Useful Post:


  6. #329
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    One more thought. This has crossed my mind. I wonder if BK actually wants to be identified. I wonder because of the numerous questions he refuses to answer, particularly the question if he recalls 9-11, and the refusal to give any more information other than generalities with regards to his knowledge in the restaurant industry.

    He seems to be avoiding certain avenues which may greatly assist with obtaining his identity.

    JMO.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  8. #330
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    I think also, the reason this avenue wasn't taken(getting a new ssn), is due to loosing rights to his old ss number when he is identified and loosing benefits he already has?
    See this may be another 'myth'. We don't know what kind of temporary id or what is available to Mr. Kyle. I have not yet seen any proof that if he obtained whatever id would allow him to legally work, he would in fact lose any previously earned social security benefits.

    jmo
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  10. #331
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Two things.

    First, this is copied from the Solve the BK mystery facebook page previously linked.



    First, it is my understanding Richmond PD believed Mr. Kyle was homeless at the time he was found and still stands by that belief (according to previous posts.) When was it ever determined by LE that Mr. Kyle was not a transient or homeless?

    Secondly, is it apparent to anyone besides myself that NB and possibly BK himself refuse to investigate the possiblity that Mr. Kyle may have been a transient? I am getting the impression, much of the pressure that BK may be feeling comes directly from NB herself. Perhaps Mr. Kyle has heard so many nice and kind things, compliments of himself from NB, she has convinced him it would be shameful in some sort of way if he was homeless. Perhaps she can not convince herself of that possiblity.

    IIRC, there were some leads from a minister in TX who believes he met BK in the mid 80's, gave a description of this man, and BK/NB absolutely flat out refused to investigate that possibility because it is not possible in their minds Mr. Kyle may have in fact been homeless.

    I really have to state the limited avenues BK and NB choose to pursue, along with the blatent mistatements repeated over and over Mr. Kyle was severly beaten are a tremendous hinderance to his being identified.

    I am still hoping to see the documentation which proves there are no records that Mr. Kyle was ever severly beaten and that is a myth coming from either NB, BK and continued by CF.

    JMO

    I discovered this forum last August quite by accident (I usually stay in the Caylee forum and am a "mini mod" in that forum) and took an interest in this case since I am a local with many ties to the community (as I have posted about in the past). I was hopeful that I could possibly assist the efforts of the members in this forum since I had access locally, so devoted time from my crazy, busy schedule and began corresponding with Believe to catch me up on the details of the search over the previous 5 years.

    I felt we were making some headway, but did get frustrated when it appeared TO ME that Benjaman was ignoring any direct questions. As some of you may remember, I took photos of the Burger King and surrounding area and posted them in this forum for reference. For a variety of reasons, by the end of the year, I made a personal decision to step out of this case as I personally began to believe that Benjaman and NB's actions in assisting our sleuthers were not indicative of someone who wanted our assistance, for whatever reason. I became aware of many inconsistencies, false reporting of facts, and false statements. I was on the verge of involving some local, (a few who were senior citizens) but had reservations due to questions I began having.

    I do have to say, however, that I spent much time debating my decision to walk away, especially when considering all the intense efforts of so many of you, but most especially, Believe, who I came to know as someone who was completely dedicated to this case, but also very protective of all of you. I have, and will always, the utmost respect for this caring, compassionate, intelligent soul.

    In light of recent events, I am now willing to come forward and state that I am the person who met with Lt Mike Albritton (now Capt) of the RHPD for over two hours in regards to this case and the events of the morning in August of 2004. (Tricia is well aware of who I am, my ties to the community and my past professional and personal relationship with M. Albritton.) At the time, a decision was made to not reveal all details that were relayed during our meeting as to why the RHPD stands firm in their belief that Benjaman was living in the homeless camp less than a mere 100 yds from the dumpster where he was found, with railroad tracks running nearby (!), due to our desire to be sympathetic to Benjaman as he was a member here. But since this seems to be a big issue now, and in order to keep this posting from getting too lengthy, I will bump my old "Questions for RHPD" thread and will state details of what I learned from RHPD, paramedics, and a nurse who was present in the ER at the time Benjaman arrived at St Joe's via ambulance.

    But for me....this isn't about whether or not Benjaman was a homeless man or a CEO before the events of the morning in August when he was found. It is about whether or not this person wants OUR assistance in assisting HIM in determining his identity. I have read through every post in every thread on this forum and have yet found a posting from Benjaman stating "Please help me find out who I am!", and/or any real effort in assisting by answering questions in a direct manner.

    So I guess my question would be....if months from now, through this DNA information, we were able to prove definitively the identity of "Benjaman Kyle" and passed this information along to him, but he chooses to either ignore, deny or do nothing with the information (like the SS info Believe has passed along), will it be worth our efforts? Will you feel as if your time and efforts were well spent? This is what I have been struggling with...

  11. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:


  12. #332
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    Thank you Kentjbkent. I appreciate your honesty as well as your thoughts and I fully agree. Definately some additional thoughts I had not yet considered, but very good questions.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  14. #333
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,537
    I also used to be interested in this case, until, I personally felt BK has no interest in who he once was .... I also have a gut feeling it has nothing to do with him being homeless proir to his incident... think about it.. there IS a reason NO ONE knows who he is.... I feel it was MADE to appear that way... who am I to try to change that?

    Again, I do not beleive Benjaman Kyle asked for anyones help...ever...I feel he was somehow FORCED to appear on Dr. Phil's show (which surprisingly turned up NOTHING)..

    Well, I hope I don't get kicked off the board for stating my opinions, but, I feel the Governemnt IS involved with the "helping"or "staging" of this man who has no name, no identy and not one person in the world who knows him... ever watch the movie Face Off with Nicholas Cage??

    Anyone know anything about the Mafia? Maybe this man was involved at some point in his life.. and needed an out.. and recieved it....
    Remember.. not ALL Mafia member do drugs .. sell them...yes.. it is my understanding there are MANY that do not do them... perhaps BK was one of these men??

    Well, if I get the boot off your site.. just want to let you all know you are wonderful at what you do .... great work!

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:


  16. #334
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    152
    True, who knows that BK might walk out his old life & never look back unless somebody found & identify him. There are plenty of people around here that still uses their alias names for secret life or walk out on their old life. It's sad situation.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KLCD620 For This Useful Post:


  18. #335
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,537
    It is a sad situation, but I do beleive it was created and also being protected ....
    So, like I said.. I believe BK does not want to know about or return to the man he once was.... I for one believe he sould be who he wants to be and that appears to be a man who knows completley NOTHING of his past, who now has the name Benjamin Kyle.. I would like him to move on , love life and live the remainder of it in hapiness...as Mr. Benjamin Kyle.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:


  20. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,689
    How do you think he was "forced" to be on Dr Phil? He is a grown man, and if he did not want to do any of this, he could have put the stops on it. There have been alot of financial resources used for BK--those DNA tests cost money--if he had no interest, why would he continue all of this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post
    It is a sad situation, but I do beleive it was created and also being protected ....
    So, like I said.. I believe BK does not want to know about or return to the man he once was.... I for one believe he sould be who he wants to be and that appears to be a man who knows completley NOTHING of his past, who now has the name Benjamin Kyle.. I would like him to move on , love life and live the remainder of it in hapiness...as Mr. Benjamin Kyle.
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

    Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:


  22. #337
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    How do you think he was "forced" to be on Dr Phil? He is a grown man, and if he did not want to do any of this, he could have put the stops on it. There have been alot of financial resources used for BK--those DNA tests cost money--if he had no interest, why would he continue all of this?
    Peer pressure or "public" pressure ... how do you think it would look if he outright refused to go on Dr. Phil show?
    Or if he refused DNA testing?

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wendy101 For This Useful Post:


  24. #338
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Western, MA
    Posts
    149
    Zaha, I have to admit I'm not big on conspiracy theories in general, though I agree that BK doesn't really want his old life back for whatever reason. However if his identity were being protected especially by the government, he NEVER would've been on the Dr. Phil show. They certainly have enough power to pull an episode of a show.

  25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DBinMA For This Useful Post:


  26. #339
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    699
    First, I would like to express that I am very sadden that Believe is leaving us. For whatever reason it may be, I hope she would pop in every now and then and give her thoughts or privately, if she prefers.
    I myself, would like to continue to come here with thoughts and theories, whether or not Benjaman decides to join us are not. I still feel we have a live UID, and he needs help whether he is asking or not. I am sure LE would like to close this case.

    Everyone have a Happy Easter.

  27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carolwood For This Useful Post:


  28. #340
    Roselvr's Avatar
    Roselvr is offline NJ Billy's Law Advocate - ask me how to get your loved one entered in NamUs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    First, I would like to express that I am very sadden that Believe is leaving us. For whatever reason it may be, I hope she would pop in every now and then and give her thoughts or privately, if she prefers.
    I myself, would like to continue to come here with thoughts and theories, whether or not Benjaman decides to join us are not. I still feel we have a live UID, and he needs help whether he is asking or not. I am sure LE would like to close this case.

    Everyone have a Happy Easter.
    Happy Easter!

    Carol, I give you credit.. you have many, many hours into this.

    .

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roselvr For This Useful Post:


  30. #341
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,689
    As do you Rose! You are both assets to this group, and I for one appreciate all you do!

    Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Happy Easter!

    Carol, I give you credit.. you have many, many hours into this.

    .
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

    Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:


  32. #342
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    southwest US
    Posts
    1,689
    First of all, Kent, thank you so much for all you do, and all you did in meeting with RHPD etc. I agree with so much that you wrote.

    You are correct that BK has not outright asked for our help, but he has also not asked us NOT to search on his behalf. I am torn with all the information coming to light over the past few days, and while I completely support those who need to step away for awhile, I do think we need to keep moving forward.

    Those of us who worked on Juan Doe have seen the other side of the coin. It is not just about the John/Juan/BK Does. It is about their family too. Juan Doe's family had no idea he was in AZ, even though there were news reports, etc on him. We don't know much about them, but we do know that they were desperately searching for a man that they loved, and when he was found, they were elated. If we are not doing this for more than BK, then what the H*LL are we here at WS anyway? We help other families who are looking for loved ones, so in a huge way we are not just helping BK, we are helping his family. Don't they have a right to know what happened to him? Don't you think there are wives, or sisters, or sons, who just don't have the knowledge of missing persons resources that we do, so do not know that he has been "found?" Perhaps they just don't have internet or know how to use it; perhaps they don't have tv's or read the National Enquirer. Perhaps he has been missing so long that they just do not recognize him, or assume he is dead by now, so are no longer looking. That is exactly WHY we are here for everyone--to help those who need the help.

    We can say "well there has been so much media coverage, why hasn't his family come forward?" My own parents are around BK's age. Until I verbally told them about BK, they had never heard anything about him, and they live in the southeast. Likewise my in-laws. I am certain that even though he has been on Dr. Phil, and has been on some regional news, he has not had BIG nationwide coverage, and the majority of people in the US have NOT heard of him.

    That ancestry.com/NBC show is cute (the one that helps celebrities find their ancestry), but why can't they do a show on the people like BK, Anna Waters, and Deanna Merryfield who are ones that REALLY need help from ancestry.com and their researchers.

    Anyway...Kent, I look forward to your notes on your meetings. Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    I discovered this forum last August quite by accident (I usually stay in the Caylee forum and am a "mini mod" in that forum) and took an interest in this case since I am a local with many ties to the community (as I have posted about in the past). I was hopeful that I could possibly assist the efforts of the members in this forum since I had access locally, so devoted time from my crazy, busy schedule and began corresponding with Believe to catch me up on the details of the search over the previous 5 years.

    I felt we were making some headway, but did get frustrated when it appeared TO ME that Benjaman was ignoring any direct questions. As some of you may remember, I took photos of the Burger King and surrounding area and posted them in this forum for reference. For a variety of reasons, by the end of the year, I made a personal decision to step out of this case as I personally began to believe that Benjaman and NB's actions in assisting our sleuthers were not indicative of someone who wanted our assistance, for whatever reason. I became aware of many inconsistencies, false reporting of facts, and false statements. I was on the verge of involving some local, (a few who were senior citizens) but had reservations due to questions I began having.

    I do have to say, however, that I spent much time debating my decision to walk away, especially when considering all the intense efforts of so many of you, but most especially, Believe, who I came to know as someone who was completely dedicated to this case, but also very protective of all of you. I have, and will always, the utmost respect for this caring, compassionate, intelligent soul.

    In light of recent events, I am now willing to come forward and state that I am the person who met with Lt Mike Albritton (now Capt) of the RHPD for over two hours in regards to this case and the events of the morning in August of 2004. (Tricia is well aware of who I am, my ties to the community and my past professional and personal relationship with M. Albritton.) At the time, a decision was made to not reveal all details that were relayed during our meeting as to why the RHPD stands firm in their belief that Benjaman was living in the homeless camp less than a mere 100 yds from the dumpster where he was found, with railroad tracks running nearby (!), due to our desire to be sympathetic to Benjaman as he was a member here. But since this seems to be a big issue now, and in order to keep this posting from getting too lengthy, I will bump my old "Questions for RHPD" thread and will state details of what I learned from RHPD, paramedics, and a nurse who was present in the ER at the time Benjaman arrived at St Joe's via ambulance.

    But for me....this isn't about whether or not Benjaman was a homeless man or a CEO before the events of the morning in August when he was found. It is about whether or not this person wants OUR assistance in assisting HIM in determining his identity. I have read through every post in every thread on this forum and have yet found a posting from Benjaman stating "Please help me find out who I am!", and/or any real effort in assisting by answering questions in a direct manner.

    So I guess my question would be....if months from now, through this DNA information, we were able to prove definitively the identity of "Benjaman Kyle" and passed this information along to him, but he chooses to either ignore, deny or do nothing with the information (like the SS info Believe has passed along), will it be worth our efforts? Will you feel as if your time and efforts were well spent? This is what I have been struggling with...
    I am looking for a few good sleuthers to help Missie find her sister--please, please, please bring your fresh ideas!!

    Deanna Merryfield:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58438

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:


  34. #343
    Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    72,187
    But we have NO evidence BK's family is looking for him, and there might be a reason. Juan does case was what, a few months at most. This has been going on for 5 years now.... and still NO evidence anyone is looking for Mr. Kyle. There has to be a reason why......

    Also, FWIW, and this is my opinion only, actions speak louder than words. While BK hasn't exactly come out and asked people NOT to help identify him, his actions are indicative he does not want to be identified. He said "yes, pictures of Powells may help", when Carolwood offered to look IF BK thought they would help. She started a thread 2 months ago, on February 3rd - after getting BKs go ahead to do so. BK has not logged in since the same day Carolwood started that thread. Why do you think that is?

    He doesn't ever directly answer questions; he side steps them with generalities.
    Why do you think that is?
    And please don't tell me part of his retrograde amnesia includes forgetting whatever knowledge he gained throughout his work history. People don't just forget how to ride bikes, fix cars, build machines etc.

    Take a look at the statement from the most recent article regarding the possible DNA connection with the Davidson line.

    "I've been this way for five years," Kyle said. "I am Benjaman Kyle now."


    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/0...ding&pageNum=1

    What does that sound like to any of you? It sounds to me, like he is happy with being Benjaman Kyle. Perhaps he simply does not have the courage to ask people like ourselves, NB and Colleen Fitzpatrick to leave well enough alone and allow him to be and remain Benjaman Kyle. We don't know that he didn't come right out and ask for their help either. Perhaps it is a situation they offered their assistance and he simply did not know how to say NO. And this whole thing has grown beyond him.

    Again, this is just MY opinion, but after the recents events brought to light I too am stepping away from working Benjaman Kyles case. There are far too many family members of victims here begging for our assistance and I would like to focus my time, energy and efforts on those cases.

    Thanks for all you wonderful WS'rs have done for Mr. Kyles case. Hope to see you in other threads here at WS.

    ~ Cubby
    Last edited by Cubby; 04-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Similar Threads

  1. Woman fatally struck by SUV after winnng on scratch ticket
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •