1046 users online (191 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    YOU are a goddess, Rose! Cleared out my inbox fwiw, lol.

I will check in with Christine to find her source for the ER Doc reports!

The CT scan results as stated are interesting because did Mr. Kyle have outward sign of injury or trauma at the site where the depressions were? Or did he have a previous closed head injury, say from whatever caused his neck scar or elbow pin?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    YOU are a goddess, Rose! Cleared out my inbox fwiw, lol.

I will check in with Christine to find her source for the ER Doc reports!

The CT scan results as stated are interesting because did Mr. Kyle have outward sign of injury or trauma at the site where the depressions were? Or did he have a previous closed head injury, say from whatever caused his neck scar or elbow pin?
    Also look at the blog I just put online, there may be something there.

I'll see what I have saved in my documents when I get back from radiation oncology. I also think I saved links to the posts where I got the info I saved.

I tried to do it that way for later use.

I wish this forum would consider allowing gmail to be used. I keep forgetting to pull my comcast account.

just did a quick look - yes, looks like I save links to the pages with notes.
    I will see about using a link site so that I can share them with you.
    Last edited by Roselvr; 10-09-2009 at 09:48 AM.

OK-I did some reading on lacunes. I can source everything for you guys, but small lacunes are more likely to be representative (65% chance) of plaque deposits in the brain due to vascular disease that is NOT necessarily pronounced or profound. As opposed to a previous closed head injury. They can also be representative of a stroke if they were thrown from the carotid artery in the neck. The only way to properly dx them is if there is an MRI-the MRI can determine if they are lesions or cysts.

The neurological reports I read also indicated that there are many neurologists that believe they are normal signs of an aging brain...for example, we know that certain forms of dementia are caused by plaque deposits in the brain. Whose to say that if the objects on the CT were actually lacunes they were not the start of what might someday be an age related "forgetfulness" when BK is in his 80's???

So what if they missed the fact that he had a stroke?
    Last edited by believe09; 10-09-2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: accuracy
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Mr. Kyle is 5'11", was 240 when found (documented via email with Nurse Betty) and is currently 225.

Mr. Kyle has grey hair, blue-green eyes. Mr. Kyle had corrective surgery to remove cataracts 8 months after his discovery. (time frame was related by Mr. Kyle.) There is anecdotal information indicating that cataract surgery may change the color of the iris, but I could not find any studies to verify this. In otherwords, I am not 100% that his eye color now is the same distinctive color it was prior to his surgery.
    I have this same eye color. I can tell you, some days my eyes are blue and some days my eyes are green. If you were to ask anyone in my family what color eyes I have, they would probably say green, because this is the color they have most of the time with a dark blue ring around the iris. If you were to ask me what color eyes I have, I would say, blue/green, depends on what I am wearing.

Another thought on the eyes, my daughter has the same blue/green eyes. Her eyes are mostly med to dark blue, all depends on what she wears. Also my eyes are "glassy" compared to hers.

OK gang-we are getting closer...the ER Doc Notes as posted by Christine and quoted by Rose are from an email that NB sent to a member of LE in 2007. I have the original email in my files and here is a copy paste regarding that particular report:
    (The number 6 denotes the question number from the member of LE, Answer denotes NB response. I want to point out that the words I italicized are conclusions reached by NB, not by the ER dr.)
    snip
    6. What were the circumstances of his mugging and beating ? What police
    dept took a report ? Who is the investigating officer and how can I get a
    copy of the report? What are his injuries besides the amnesia?

Answer - He was found naked and unresponsive and covered with fire ant
    bites beside a dumpster. The dumpster is behind a Burger King on Highway 17,
    right across from Interstate 95 (exit 87), in Richmond Hill, GA.
    The Richmond Hill Police Department (phone #912-756-5645) responded to
    the call and the "miscellaneous incident" report case #04080687 dated
    8/31/04 shows Corporal Potts was on the scene (I have already made a copy of
    this report as well as the EMS report for you - just tell me where to mail
    it). This is where the vagabond label was first applied to him and has made
    it virtually impossible for me to get any assistance for this man without
    the aid of a U.S. Congressman. Lt. Mike Albritton recalls the incident. He
    said his friend's wife worked the ER at St. Joseph's Hospital then in
    Savannah where they took Mr. Kyle and he was dubbed "Burger King Doe"
    because of where they found him. I asked if I could talk to someone who was
    actually on the scene and he said none of them are working on RHPD now. He
    said he is sure that Mr. Kyle is a vagabond. I asked how could he be sure if
    he wasn't there. He said his friend told him and that his friend also found
    clothes in the dumpster. I asked if I could speak to him and he said he no
    longer works for RHPD. I don't think anyone thought to use the clothing as
    evidence and it is too late now.

Mr. Kyle stayed in St. Joseph's Hospital for approximately two weeks.
    Upon admission, the ER doctor reported him as appearing as a well-developed
    and well-nourished middle-aged man (not a bum), although he had depressed
    neurological reflexes (which is not a positive finding) and rapid heartbeat.
    His liver function was normal, alcohol and drug screen was negative, his
    condition on admission was considered serious per the ER doctor's report. He
    was sent up to the Neuro (7th) floor. A CT scan of the head was normal
    except for several small lacunes (depressions) in the right cerebellar
    hemisphere. Perhaps a closed-head injury? The attending doctor states in his
    report that Mr. Kyle's labs are "surprisingly within normal limits" -
    probably because this is not the case for homeless people by the time they
    reach middle age - they would usually have bad liver damage by then and very
    poor nutrition. Mr. Kyle's lab tests alone are indicative of one who had
    practiced a healthy lifestyle right up to the time of his attack. He
    presently has very good to excellent health and needs no prescription or
    over-the-counter drugs to maintain this favorable state of health.
    snip

Now I am completely confused, I have to say, because I now I can see it was not the ER docs words that indicated a closed head injury, but in fact NB's. I have to believe that there would have been a note of head trauma somewhere if it was apparent. ???
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Has anyone seen this article...apologies if this is a duplicate!

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a duplicate so please feel free to delete. Webleuths was mentioned in the article (minus the *s*) so I thought I would forward this over.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...97526-dna-case

By TOM BERG
    The Orange County Register
    Comments | Recommend

The theories keep getting weirder.

He's a victim of 2004's Hurricane Charley.

He's a musician who supposedly "died" in 1996.

He's man who disappeared while tracking a turtle migration in 2004.

Truth is, no one knows who amnesia victim "B.K. Doe" is. Not he. Not the posters at websleuth.com. Not the viewers of Dr. Phil.

Not even DNA detective Colleen Fitzpatrick – and she's never been stumped.

"I just don't know how to find out who the guy is," says the former nuclear physicist who's written three books on finding people.

Regarding the cataracts...

This is also part of the LE email I have in my files-it would be interesting to know what Mr. Kyle recalls about his vision. The italics are again mine indicating NB's opinion I believe....
    snip
    "It is also interesting to note that his cataracts were not diagnosed until
    approximately October of 2004. When he came out of his
    unconscious/unresponsive state he would have been functionally blind. It is quite possible that he was struck on the head and became unconscious with his eyes open. The sun damage could easily have caused the cataracts.
    He had other symptoms brought on from exposure to the elements including tachycardia (rapid heart beat) and elevated blood pressure. He also had apositive Babinski reflex according to the EMS report (an abnormal finding except during the first six months of life) - this would lead one to suspect neurological damage. That is probably why the EMS completely immobilized him before transporting him to the ER."
    snip
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

So we really do not have actual response or medical records, just second hand information from some people interviewed? It seems that the responding officers certainly did not do their due diligence. What if he had been someone famous and they did not even investigate correctly---the media would have been all over them. To disregard clothing in the dumpster? Actually, that leads to a new train of thought. I wonder how often that dumpster would have been emptied? Could he have been in there for a day or two? Did the trash company rotate dumpsters out--new empty ones in and old ones removed? Maybe he came in on a new dumpster?? What was the trash company? Come on LE--do we really have to do your job for you?

O/T regarding the OC Register article---Did anyone here suggest he was abducted by aliens? They make us look like a bunch of crack shots! Hmmphf! IMO he was not abducted by aliens...he'd at least have memories of that, wouldn't he? Good lord!
    Last edited by Julessleuther; 10-09-2009 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    So we really do not have actual response or medical records, just second hand information from some people interviewed? It seems that the responding officers certainly did not do their due diligence. What if he had been someone famous and they did not even investigate correctly---the media would have been all over them. To disregard clothing in the dumpster? Actually, that leads to a new train of thought. I wonder how often that dumpster would have been emptied? Could he have been in there for a day or two? Did the trash company rotate dumpsters out--new empty ones in and old ones removed? Maybe he came in on a new dumpster?? What was the trash company? Come on LE--do we really have to do your job for you?

O/T regarding the OC Register article---Did anyone here suggest he was abducted by aliens? They make us look like a bunch of crack shots! Hmmphf! IMO he was not abducted by aliens...he'd at least have memories of that, wouldn't he? Good lord!
    Dont stress Jules, lol-the alien comments were from the Dr Phil Message Boards...there was a big discussion regarding chip implantation and the like.

I am less on the bandwagon regarding LE not doing their job rather than simply . I like to try and get into their heads-why did they think he was a vagrant? If there was outward sign of a crime, why would they not follow up on it? It is what they do...police help people....even vagrants.

I am trying to reconcile whether BK was failed by everyone-first responders, LE, the ER doc, the hospitals and the JC Lewis Health Center. Beyond that, he is being failed by anyone who ever knew him who is not looking for him...on top of that, the single most astute law enforcement agency in the world (The FBI) cannot come up with the goods on him.

It would be nice to see the first reports because it would shed light on his physical state-pulse, blood pressure, bruises, scratches, wounds. Were his eyes blackened by his head injury? If there was a head injury-what if they missed a stroke or convulsice syncope or an allergic reaction to whatever the rash/ant bites...

I just feel like we are missing something-and fwiw in my experience with law enforcement and agencies that deal with people on the fringes of society (even if there is a perception of that) they do not throw these people away. I have yet to find an actual case where there has been callous disregard on the part of law enforcement...but perhaps this is the one. Who knows.

But maybe if we can look at the story with fresh eyes, there is something there that will lead to this man's previous life....
    Last edited by believe09; 10-10-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Thanks Believe, you are so right! What you said made me so sad, but you are right; everyone seemed to fail him, and looking at everything fresh is definitely the way to go. He reminds me of someone who could be my grandfather, and I want so much to help him find the family who loves him. We cannot fail him.

I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings? Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.

The answer is right under our noses--I feel it in my bones...we just have to find it!

Dont stress Jules, lol-the alien comments were from the Dr Phil Message Boards...there was a big discussion regarding chip implantation and the like.

I am less on the bandwagon regarding LE not doing their job rather than simply . I like to try and get into their heads-why did they think he was a vagrant? If there was outward sign of a crime, why would they not follow up on it? It is what they do...police help people....even vagrants.

I am trying to reconcile whether BK was failed by everyone-first responders, LE, the ER doc, the hospitals and the JC Lewis Health Center. Beyond that, he is being failed by anyone who ever knew him who is not looking for him...on top of that, the single most astute law enforcement agency in the world (The FBI) cannot come up with the goods on him.

It would be nice to see the first reports because it would shed light on his physical state-pulse, blood pressure, bruises, scratches, wounds. Were his eyes blackened by his head injury? If there was a head injury-what if they missed a stroke or convulsice syncope or an allergic reaction to whatever the rash/ant bites...

I just feel like we are missing something-and fwiw in my experience with law enforcement and agencies that deal with people on the fringes of society (even if there is a perception of that) they do not throw these people away. I have yet to find an actual case where there has been callous disregard on the part of law enforcement...but perhaps this is the one. Who knows.

But maybe if we can look at the story with fresh eyes, there is something there that will lead to this man's previous life....
    ===================================
    In looking back over posts and my own saved articles about BK,
    I notice that it is said the first responders were new to the police force.
    In several it says they did not check the dumpsters, but later versions say they did find clothing. But, if so, the clothing was never booked into evidence.
    I am just thinking, maybe they were not up for the job.??
    But then when I was new to a job, I was over vigilant, making sure I had not missed a thing.

Would Benjaman Kyle release the medical documents to one of us, say believe09?
    Or at least the emergency room medical?
    And if Benjaman K has the police report, would he release that copy, just to one of us?

I don't think that BK was failed by the system.
    Well, maybe the police dept., in that they did not
    treat the dumpster area as a possible crime scene.
    But from all accounts, he was treated adequately at the e.r., hospitals and later at JC Lewis Ctr. (perhaps not after he started working for them)

But he has a lot of people working on his behalf, the FBI, local police dept., Rep. Kingston, NB, Dr Phil show, hypnotist, psychiatrists,
    Colleen F, WS, and more.

True, no one, has been able to discover his identity.
    Which is why this is such a puzzle.
    He must be from somewhere and known some people.

Fresh eyes. Fresh eyes.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Thanks Believe, you are so right! What you said made me so sad, but you are right; everyone seemed to fail him, and looking at everything fresh is definitely the way to go. He reminds me of someone who could be my grandfather, and I want so much to help him find the family who loves him. We cannot fail him.

I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings? Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.

The answer is right under our noses--I feel it in my bones...we just have to find it!
    =================================================

BK reminds me of my high school friends, the ones I have not seen since we graduated.

My family knows how involved I am about Benjaman K and his amnesia, etc. But they do not show any signs of interest.
    As for my friends, except for my best friend, they are just sort of aware about BK's story.

That is one reason I think people from Indiana and Colorado might be the best bet in identifying him.
    Of course, there has been quite a bit of publicity there for him.

I know I have researched so much about Aug. 2004, Georiga, Aug. 2004, the nation, crimes, etc., etc..

For some reason, I think it will be a fluke, when he is identified.
    Maybe he will be walking past a reporter's camera guy, the camera guy's mom is waiting for him to go to lunch, and she says,
    I know him, I went to school with him in Indiana, but then he moved away.
    .....drum roll....
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post

BK reminds me of my high school friends, the ones I have not seen since we graduated.

My family knows how involved I am about Benjaman K and his amnesia, etc. But they do not show any signs of interest.
    As for my friends, except for my best friend, they are just sort of aware about BK's story.

That is one reason I think people from Indiana and Colorado might be the best bet in identifying him.

I know I have researched so much about Aug. 2004, Georiga, Aug. 2004, the nation, crimes, etc., etc..

Maybe he will be walking past a reporter's camera guy, the camera guy's mom is waiting for him to go to lunch, and she says,
    .....drum roll....
    We have to find a way to target the senior's, 50 and above crowd, including nursing homes, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post

.....drum roll....
    Or at some point, he may, simply...remember. God Bless Him.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast