1184 users online (226 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    respectfully snipped Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.
    While there has been coverage, I do not feel there's been enough.
    I'm in NJ, people here have not heard of him.
    If he is in his 60's, I feel that someone missing him probably does not use the internet; but it's possible someone sort of related could.

It's been my intention since coming here to start a blog, get a web site up, make a new email address. I wanted to get the best information that everyone had on him, then compose a mass email that we could all send.

I know a lot of people here have done much work but looking at it with fresh eyes, there was always something I would change on the info pages.

I also wanted to post about him to a few message boards I go to; but haven't gotten that far. Same story, if I'm going to make the post, I want as much correct info as I can find because once someone opens the post, they might not come back for a 2nd look.

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings?

The answer is right under our noses--I feel it in my bones...we just have to find it!
    I also feel he's not actually in the missing persons lists; I feel the same, either his people are no longer here, too old, or that he moved away and no one realizes he's missing. I also think that due to the type of work he did, it wasn't unusual for him to be gone long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by carolwood View Post
    We have to find a way to target the senior's, 50 and above crowd, including nursing homes, imo.
    I agree

Exclamation I mentioned this on the media blitz thread but wanted to include it here...

I want to respectfully suggest that any future email campaigns be more conservative in their approach to the facts surrounding his discovery. I think it is appropriate to say he was found unconscious next to the dumpster, I think continuing to state that he was naked is in poor taste (JMO) and that his amnesia is making it difficult for him to recapture the life he had prior to his discovery. Once we get more solid documentation of BK being a victim of a crime, we can revisit that in our communications.

My fear is that we are feeding the rumor mill with statements that are unsubstantiated and we may be preventing some real leads from being called in because people are dismissing their knowledge of him...does this make sense to you?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I want to respectfully suggest that any future email campaigns be more conservative in their approach to the facts surrounding his discovery. I think it is appropriate to say he was found unconscious next to the dumpster, I think continuing to state that he was naked is in poor taste (JMO) and that his amnesia is making it difficult for him to recapture the life he had prior to his discovery. Once we get more solid documentation of BK being a victim of a crime, we can revisit that in our communications.

My fear is that we are feeding the rumor mill with statements that are unsubstantiated and we may be preventing some real leads from being called in because people are dismissing their knowledge of him...does this make sense to you?

I agree with you 100%....stick to the facts. Y'all have been 'starting from scratch' and IMO realizing that we don't have ALL the facts here.

I said that to you at one time.. its something I was going to change on the fliers I wanted to make. There has to be a way to say he was found with no ID without saying he wasn't wearing clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    I said that to you at one time.. its something I was going to change on the fliers I wanted to make. There has to be a way to say he was found with no ID without saying he wasn't wearing clothes.
    Thank you for reminding me that it was you-I knew it was a position I adopted because it had been pointed out to me!!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

So since we are starting from scratch, I think I will start my emails and future correspondence to read:

It has been five years since "Benjaman Kyle" was located unconscious behind a Burger King in Richmond Hill, GA. Intially assumed to be a vagrant by first responders, staff at St. Joseph's Hospital in Savannah quickly discovered that this intelligent articulate man was suffering from amnesia. With no recollection of his own name or even a firm recollection of where he had come from, he has been living at the mercy of friends and former caregivers; a "Real Live Nobody" in spite of the best efforts of local police and the FBI to determine his true identity.

Mr. Kyle chose his name based on a belief that the name "Benjaman" held some significance to him and he chose the "Kyle" in order to honor the establishment he was found behind. (BK) His fingerprints have been entered into AFIS, his primary DNA entered into CODIS, his paternal DNA has been entered into genealogy websites and he has even been featured on the Dr. Phil Show and in the National Enquirer. There have been no solid leads that have uncovered his past and he is unable to work or file for benefits because he cannot prove he is an American citizen.

Won't you please help him by featuring him on your show or even on your website?

It has been five long years of struggle and searching. Five years of living off of others with nothing to give but his kind, generous heart and significant abilities. Please give him a hand and feature him so that someone, anyone, who may know him can come forward and end the nightmare of not knowing who he is and where he belongs.

Media Links:
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle[/ame]

http://savannahnow.com/node/364434
    http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2009/01/07/using-genetic-genealogy-to-solve-the-mystery-of-benjaman-kyle/
    http://www.indy.com/posts/benjaman-kyle-wikipedia-the-free-encyclopedia
    http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1146

Thank you for your time and attention!

Sincerely,
    Last edited by believe09; 10-11-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

this is from the other post I replied to... Perhaps you can make a new post saying that no one send out anything until something can be written, then everyone can copy and paste it into an email.

I feel a new post is the way to go, as well as possibly bumping the existing posts saying to please check this post here before spreading the story.

Hopefully my post tone is coming off ok, if not I apologize.
    I think the work everyone has done is awesome.
    Changes I am suggesting are after looking at it with new eyes.. I've said this before on how I feel about things that would be sent out. You're possibly only getting one shot, the information has to be as correct as possible.
    I think that before anything goes out that it should be an organized thing.

Here are some of the things I would change on the 2 fliers I have printed out

Flier has 3 pics - one where he's leaning his arms on banister. Says Do you know this man? - Flier 1
    Websleuths link - add
    No Tattoos or piercings - add
    his weight - says 240 - I would broaden it some - possibly 230 - 260?
    Marks scars - small round scar on left side of face near chin - include possibly from "accident"
    add - skin graft scar
    - possible dental work

I would rewrite the part where it starts he doesn't have any tattoos or piercings. He has vague recollection of Colorado (add dates he thinks he was there) - rewrite the whole blurb, taking things out

2 pics - left is front with mustach grey then the side shot
    I would add "Featured on Dr Phil" 11/16/2008

Add the blog link for anon comments/tips
    Add the video link - I would use a tiny url for this custom for Ben
    Also add the possible states by linguist

Amnesia Victim Needs your help - has 7 photos - Flier 2 link
    Take out naked - add that he was found without ID
    pic on top left - under pic write Scar
    2nd pic in oval lable it full facial hair
    pic 3 - lable clean shaven
    Pic 5 - bottom left - lable dark beard
    pics 6 & 7 - lable - Age regression from Dr Phil show

It says - he may have been born around - take that out - I would add age - 50 -60+ and/or change year to 1946- 1956

Blog link for comments
    Custom video URL

You get the picture.
    I can probably do some of it while hubby is getting treatment.
    Last edited by Roselvr; 10-11-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added poster links

1st, I would say to people wanting to email to wait until the draft is final.
    If they would like a copy of the email to please have their name added to a link so that one person can send out the whole email so that the information is all correct.

When sending, people should use the BCC feature to add email addresses so that no one is sharing email addresses on the email going out. The email will hit viral status; safe email/computing practices should be followed.

His fingerprints have been entered into AFIS, his primary DNA entered into CODIS
    I would spell out what AFIS is as well as CODIS and any other terms used here that someone may not know.

I would format the email with photos, so that the person has as much information to view right there without clicking links.

Someone like my MIL would have no clue what to do with it. This is the age of people needing to be targeted.

Also addition of sending on to nursing homes - the more people in states like FL or Arizona the better where older people may have retired to.
    Also restaurant.

Next thought, what ever came of Canada?

I did not see this posted here, I just came across this info on this site. It shows he remembers part of a social security # that is consistent w/ Michigan

Amnesia victim. White male btwn 50-60 yrs old. Well-mannered. Professional. Found unconscious near Burger King dumpster in the Savannah, GA area on 31 Aug 2004. Remembers part of SSN that is consistent with Michigan]

http://americasmissingadults.com/Default.asp?pagenum=27
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

http://www.psychologyinlife.com/
    >snipped<
    A person under hypnosis is able to recall certain bits of information, as they try to recreate the scenario in the person’s mind. Take Benjaman Kyle for example (mentioned in Part 1). He was unable to remember anything about his past life, especially not anything that could help him. After a brief session of hypnosis, he was able to recall several digits of his social security number, narrowing his hometown to somewhere in Arizona.

I thought Benjaman Kyle's ssn memories were consistent with Indiana.
    But mysticrose found a site that says Michigan.
    The above site says Arizona.
    ?????
    Odd.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

post number 205 on BK thread
    believe09's info on ssn.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

This has alot of info on BK along with regression photos...I thought this was great:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle[/ame]
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    I did not see this posted here, I just came across this info on this site. It shows he remembers part of a social security # that is consistent w/ Michigan

Amnesia victim. White male btwn 50-60 yrs old. Well-mannered. Professional. Found unconscious near Burger King dumpster in the Savannah, GA area on 31 Aug 2004. Remembers part of SSN that is consistent with Michigan]

http://americasmissingadults.com/Default.asp?pagenum=27
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    http://www.psychologyinlife.com/
    >snipped<
    A person under hypnosis is able to recall certain bits of information, as they try to recreate the scenario in the person’s mind. Take Benjaman Kyle for example (mentioned in Part 1). He was unable to remember anything about his past life, especially not anything that could help him. After a brief session of hypnosis, he was able to recall several digits of his social security number, narrowing his hometown to somewhere in Arizona.

I thought Benjaman Kyle's ssn memories were consistent with Indiana.
    But mysticrose found a site that says Michigan.
    The above site says Arizona.
    ?????
    Odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    post number 205 on BK thread
    believe09's info on ssn.

Michigan??? 3x5-44-xxxx.

Here is my post:
    snip" http://people.howstuffworks.com/soci...ty-number2.htm

So for example,
    303-317 State of Indiana

318-361 State of Illinois

362-386 State of MI

387-399 State of WI

Group numbers are used to break up the area numbers into smaller groups. They are 01-99....but then it gets better. The odd numbers between 01-09 were assigned first. Then even numbers between 10-98 were assigned next. (Mr. K's group) After that, the numbers 02-08 are assigned and then 11-99, odd numbers."snip

I suppose it is possible-but I went through how and when the group numbers were assigned. The question then becomes have the numbers starting 365-44, 375-44 and 385-44 been assigned yet. The same can be said for all of the other states. Indiana assigned 315-44 in the 50's.

Arizona??? Arizona is 526-527.
    Last edited by believe09; 10-12-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

OK-I am going to break out the SSN stuff...so we can keep track of it.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast