772 users online (182 members and 590 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    =========================================

Welcome to WS, bosslady.

Good idea. In all my trying to think of ideas, I had not thought
    of this.
    Thanks for the welcome, I lurk here alot but don't post that often, I am just so wrapped up in this case. I find it amazing no one has come forward with any information regarding Mr. Kyle and his identity. SOMEONE out there knows who he is, he did not just drop from the heavens, and we all know the answer is out there, but we just don't know where to look. I would love to know if there have been any tips, are people calling LE with a possible identity and we just don't know of it, or has there been no leads at all. I sit here everyday pondering how or why someone would just appear and there be no record of him at all. My mind goes to everything from no family ( but he has had friends in his lifetime, school mates) to someone who the police has put in hiding to government agencies completly wiping him off the earth (a cover up so to speak.) Everyday we here of some of the most strange cases and every day something happens to someone that we can't believe so the possiblities are endless, but if everyone works together something will happen and we will find out the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bosslady31 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, I lurk here alot but don't post that often, I am just so wrapped up in this case. I find it amazing no one has come forward with any information regarding Mr. Kyle and his identity. SOMEONE out there knows who he is, he did not just drop from the heavens, and we all know the answer is out there, but we just don't know where to look. I would love to know if there have been any tips, are people calling LE with a possible identity and we just don't know of it, or has there been no leads at all. I sit here everyday pondering how or why someone would just appear and there be no record of him at all. My mind goes to everything from no family ( but he has had friends in his lifetime, school mates) to someone who the police has put in hiding to government agencies completly wiping him off the earth (a cover up so to speak.) Everyday we here of some of the most strange cases and every day something happens to someone that we can't believe so the possiblities are endless, but if everyone works together something will happen and we will find out the truth.
    There are lots of leads called in, bosslady-we do not hear of them because they do not pan out. For example, my name and contact info went out on a flyer that was distributed to law enforcement resources, soup kitchens, police departments etc about 6-8 weeks ago. I received scores of tips and leads...it was Mr. Kyle's choice to take the leads that made it through the first round of vetting and run them down with his team, so I have not posted them all here. Just to give you an idea however, my cell phone bill was over $700.00 because I did not know I was on the flyer and ran over my minutes!!!!!!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    There are lots of leads called in, bosslady-we do not hear of them because they do not pan out. For example, my name and contact info went out on a flyer that was distributed to law enforcement resources, soup kitchens, police departments etc about 6-8 weeks ago. I received scores of tips and leads...it was Mr. Kyle's choice to take the leads that made it through the first round of vetting and run them down with his team, so I have not posted them all here. Just to give you an idea however, my cell phone bill was over $700.00 because I did not know I was on the flyer and ran over my minutes!!!!!!
    WoW! $700.00 I would of had a straight heart attack! I have another question maybe I have missed it somewhere, is there any reward being offered for any information leading to the identity of Mr. Kyle, it amazes me how some people will hold important clues close to the chest but as soon as you say reward, people that really do know stuff start talking. Someone who knows what happened to him the night he was attacked may come forward or someone who might have heard of the beating by say a friend might come forward. Just curious.

WoW! $700.00 I would of had a straight heart attack! I have another question maybe I have missed it somewhere, is there any reward being offered for any information leading to the identity of Mr. Kyle, it amazes me how some people will hold important clues close to the chest but as soon as you say reward, people that really do know stuff start talking. Someone who knows what happened to him the night he was attacked may come forward or someone who might have heard of the beating by say a friend might come forward. Just curious.
    I have been working with Crimestoppers to see if it makes sense to do that-it has been interesting to learn the number of crackpots that come out of the woodwork with FALSE information when there is a reward involved! Who would have thought, right?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

and PS I did have a "straight-heart attack"....my cell phone carrier and I are still trying to work it out, lol!!!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I have been looking at a website for hours looking at pictures of missing persons cold cases (North American missing persons Network) and not that I think this is Mr Kyle, but I did find it strange that there is a man that has been missing since 2002 that is possibly dilirious, sunburnt, and may be nude. While I am searching through these I never thought I would find someone that might have gone missing that is actually nude. However I do not think it is him I just thought it was odd. His name is carl sanders from Nevada. Just goes to show you may never know what you will run across.

I have been looking at a website for hours looking at pictures of missing persons cold cases (North American missing persons Network) and not that I think this is Mr Kyle, but I did find it strange that there is a man that has been missing since 2002 that is possibly dilirious, sunburnt, and may be nude. While I am searching through these I never thought I would find someone that might have gone missing that is actually nude. However I do not think it is him I just thought it was odd. His name is carl sanders from Nevada. Just goes to show you may never know what you will run across.
    --------------------------------------------

Note:
    Please provide link for a person or an article. Thanks.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300502S
    Carl Steven Sanders, missing since 7/07/2002, from Big Smoky Valley, NV.
    He and wife ran out of gas and attempted to hike to nearest main road.
    She was found in critical condition. Only Carl S's clothing was found.

...interesting that link says it is common for people suffering sunstroke to disrobe.........
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I have a question, maybe I am just missing this. When there is a potential match, it is submitted to BK? And his team? Who is his team? I am going to go back and read this whole board, but, that would help, to know those things. So if what I am gathering is correct, BK is looking at the possibles and saying yeah or no, before it goes any further?

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    --------------------------------------------

Note:
    Please provide link for a person or an article. Thanks.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300502S
    Carl Steven Sanders, missing since 7/07/2002, from Big Smoky Valley, NV.
    He and wife ran out of gas and attempted to hike to nearest main road.
    She was found in critical condition. Only Carl S's clothing was found.

...interesting that link says it is common for people suffering sunstroke to disrobe.........
    Sorry I need to learn how to provide links not real sure how to do that yet.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/sanders_carl.html let me know if I didnt post this link right. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    I have a question, maybe I am just missing this. When there is a potential match, it is submitted to BK? And his team? Who is his team? I am going to go back and read this whole board, but, that would help, to know those things. So if what I am gathering is correct, BK is looking at the possibles and saying yeah or no, before it goes any further?
    Tips should be submitted to the law enforcement contact of the missing person or to FBI Bill typically. If you read most of the current media on Benjaman, he has a forensic geneaologist who is listed as the contact for tips, as well as the Savannah GA FBI. The reason that there is a civilian contact in the articles is because some people do not want to deal directly with law enforcement when calling in tips, so it is nice to give them an alternative.

I have direct contact with Benjaman and Nurse Betty-(we use a pseudonym for his former nurse because she asked us to.) I believe Carolwood also has direct contact with Benjaman. Tips can be submitted through either one of us.

I cannot speak for Carolwood, but the tips I receive are vetted and sent to certain people depending on a certain set of criteria established for me by FBI Bill. For example, someone called me today with a tip that included information which was at a source I could not obtain data from. I sent that tip directly to FBI Bill and BK so they can use LE resources to obtain the information I could not get. Usually, I encounter sources that will give me some basic information and then I can see if I should forward the info on-if I find out that a possible match had a huge tattoo on his chest and three legs I would NOT send that forward.

Does this help?

I do not know everyone BK works with-that is the joy of having a real live UID on the boards...they are contacted by many different resources with offers of help-we at WS chug along with the basic goal of uncovering his ID if we can.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

CW's question about adams apple's

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top...olaryngoplasty

There is actually a surgery that can be done to shave down the adams apple. I wonder where the scar would appear?
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I was thinking about BK's scars, and with one of his scars he feels that he got the injury in his 20's and that he thought he was in Indiana. So...if he was already in his 20's, perhaps he attended undergraduate school in Indiana and then graduate school at U. of Colorado Boulder. Maybe we research Indiana colleges, or has this already been done? If he was Catholic, maybe he attended Notre Dame?

Quote Originally Posted by WholeLottaRosie View Post
    ===========================================
    Gee, I did not know we were to submit all possible matches to BK before submitting to law enforcment.

I thought we discussed it on this board and if agreed that it could be a likely match, one of us, submitted it to the local LE agency.

Was there a rule passed and I did not notice it?
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/top...olaryngoplasty

There is actually a surgery that can be done to shave down the adams apple. I wonder where the scar would appear?

A horizontal incision is made on the bottom of the Adam's apple - so I guess that would depend where someones adams apple is located -

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast