1049 users online (195 members and 854 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 121
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668

    Dissimilar head hair on Q107 and extra DNA segment on the duct tape

    I'd really like to hear more about the DNA that was found on the duct tape from the remains. Does this have its own thread yet? (I saw a few interesting posts on this subject on the thread about the heart shaped sticker residue.) (page 13 at this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...wayrelease.pdf.) Was there DNA other than the DNA that matched the lab worker?)

    Also, how about the "dissimilar head hair" found on Q107? (p 9587) (page 10 at this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...wayrelease.pdf)

    Thanks for posting any info about these here. (Unless these already have a designated thread(s) in which case please excuse me, mods. Thanks!)
    Last edited by seagull65; 10-08-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: adding link

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Someone did post on another thread that there was another yet un-identified DNA sample but never substantiated it, after many repeated requests, with a link.

    I personally never read or saw anything, other than the Labs own technician so tagged it as pure rumor and speculation unless I see a link or report.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heartland USA
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    Someone did post on another thread that there was another yet un-identified DNA sample but never substantiated it, after many repeated requests, with a link.

    I personally never read or saw anything, other than the Labs own technician so tagged it as pure rumor and speculation unless I see a link or report.
    I saw this also, and I think the communication was about a segment of DNA they couldn't conclusively identify?

    IMHO, if Caylee's DNA wasn't on the tape, then the DNA found was very likely transferred during collection or processing. It highly unlikely a fragment of any other DNA would hang on to the tape if Caylee's didn't.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    I know what you mean Treeseeker, you would think Caylee's own DNA would have to be all over the tape.

    Is the DNA evidence released so far only what was swabbed off the shiny side of the tape? (I take it.)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Quote Originally Posted by treeseeker View Post
    I saw this also, and I think the communication was about a segment of DNA they couldn't conclusively identify?
    that's what I thought, too. I guess there was nothing stated in the FBI report about it yet but some of our sleuths were looking at all those pages of raw DNA data? (I'm only guessing about this, I don't know much about it yet.)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    It will be interesting to hear about any DNA they got off the adhesive side of the tape. At least I didn't notice that yet in the docs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heartland USA
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    It will be interesting to hear about any DNA they got off the adhesive side of the tape. At least I didn't notice that yet in the docs.
    I found it, finally. Pg. 3/78 here:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...l/11-8634-8711[1].pdf

    If I'm reading correctly, the adhesive side yielded the inconclusive DNA.
    I still haven't found the emails discussing that they couldn't use the sample to exclude or include anyone.

    I think this means the environment left the tape essentially blank, until it was collected.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    I think I'm going to have to print out those pages of DNA data and start educating myself. Galloping off :bananalama:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    just saw your post, thank you

    darn it, the link isn't working for me. Can you tell me what page number it has (the big 4 digit number in the lower right)? thanks a million
    Last edited by seagull65; 10-08-2009 at 10:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heartland USA
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    I think I'm going to have to print out those pages of DNA data and start educating myself. Galloping off :bananalama:
    Good luck! If you'll venture into some of the old threads, several came up with really good, easy to understand sources.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    thanks! ha ha

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heartland USA
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    just saw your post, thank you

    darn it, the link isn't working for me. Can you tell me what page number it has (the big 4 digit number in the lower right)? thanks a million
    Go to CFNews13, then find the doc they've titled FBI: DNA Comparisons from the Anthony Family, pg 8636.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    just saw your post, thank you

    darn it, the link isn't working for me. Can you tell me what page number it has (the big 4 digit number in the lower right)? thanks a million
    Just add the "[1].pdf" to the link in your browser.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9,462
    This is the link that mentions the partial DNA:

    Q62/Q63/Q64-2 is the sticky side of the duct tape
    page 8636 or pg.3 ( see attachment)

    http://www.clickorlando.com/download...9/21146920.pdf

    Two pieces of DNA were found on the duct tape attached to Caylee's skull, the same brand and type as that one found on a gas can in the Anthony family's east Orange County home, Pipitone reported.
    But neither piece shows traces of Casey Anthony, according to documents released by the state attorney's office on Tuesday.
    One DNA sample was traced to an FBI lab analyst who accidentally contaminated the outside of the duct tape during testing, the documents stated. But an FBI lab report showing a fragment of DNA represented by the number 17 was found on the underside, the adhesive side.
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21158117/detail.html

    Note: Casey does not have an allele value of 17 in the same loci as the DNA fragment.

    ETA****Sorry TreeSeeker for the duplicate. I was compiling the info for my post at the same time you were submitting.****
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 10-08-2009 at 10:22 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,256
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull65 View Post
    I know what you mean Treeseeker, you would think Caylee's own DNA would have to be all over the tape.

    Is the DNA evidence released so far only what was swabbed off the shiny side of the tape? (I take it.)
    You'd expect that but it was stated in other posts that given the conditions of the crime scene that it is highly likely no original DNA is found. An example of a body exposed outside a week in a case resulted in no DNA -- and there was a confession. Prints are more likely on the adhesive than any surviving DNA.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast