Dissimilar head hair on Q107 and extra DNA segment on the duct tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagull65

Reaction score
I'd really like to hear more about the DNA that was found on the duct tape from the remains. Does this have its own thread yet? (I saw a few interesting posts on this subject on the thread about the heart shaped sticker residue.) (page 13 at this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/conwayrelease.pdf.) Was there DNA other than the DNA that matched the lab worker?)

Also, how about the "dissimilar head hair" found on Q107? (p 9587) (page 10 at this link http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/conwayrelease.pdf)

Thanks for posting any info about these here. :) (Unless these already have a designated thread(s) in which case please excuse me, mods. Thanks!) :)

Someone did post on another thread that there was another yet un-identified DNA sample but never substantiated it, after many repeated requests, with a link.

I personally never read or saw anything, other than the Labs own technician so tagged it as pure rumor and speculation unless I see a link or report.

Someone did post on another thread that there was another yet un-identified DNA sample but never substantiated it, after many repeated requests, with a link.

I personally never read or saw anything, other than the Labs own technician so tagged it as pure rumor and speculation unless I see a link or report.

I saw this also, and I think the communication was about a segment of DNA they couldn't conclusively identify?

IMHO, if Caylee's DNA wasn't on the tape, then the DNA found was very likely transferred during collection or processing. It highly unlikely a fragment of any other DNA would hang on to the tape if Caylee's didn't.

I know what you mean Treeseeker, you would think Caylee's own DNA would have to be all over the tape.

Is the DNA evidence released so far only what was swabbed off the shiny side of the tape? (I take it.)

I saw this also, and I think the communication was about a segment of DNA they couldn't conclusively identify?

that's what I thought, too. I guess there was nothing stated in the FBI report about it yet but some of our sleuths were looking at all those pages of raw DNA data? (I'm only guessing about this, I don't know much about it yet.) :)

It will be interesting to hear about any DNA they got off the adhesive side of the tape. At least I didn't notice that yet in the docs.

It will be interesting to hear about any DNA they got off the adhesive side of the tape. At least I didn't notice that yet in the docs.

I found it, finally. Pg. 3/78 here:
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/11-8634-8711[1].pdf

If I'm reading correctly, the adhesive side yielded the inconclusive DNA.
I still haven't found the emails discussing that they couldn't use the sample to exclude or include anyone.

I think this means the environment left the tape essentially blank, until it was collected.

I think I'm going to have to print out those pages of DNA data and start educating myself. Galloping off :bananalama:

just saw your post, thank you

darn it, the link isn't working for me. Can you tell me what page number it has (the big 4 digit number in the lower right)? :) thanks a million

I think I'm going to have to print out those pages of DNA data and start educating myself. Galloping off :bananalama:

Good luck! If you'll venture into some of the old threads, several came up with really good, easy to understand sources.

darn it, the link isn't working for me. Can you tell me what page number it has (the big 4 digit number in the lower right)? :) thanks a million

Go to CFNews13, then find the doc they've titled FBI: DNA Comparisons from the Anthony Family, pg 8636.

Just add the "[1].pdf" to the link in your browser.

This is the link that mentions the partial DNA:

Q62/Q63/Q64-2 is the sticky side of the duct tape
page 8636 or pg.3 ( see attachment)

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0929/21146920.pdf

Two pieces of DNA were found on the duct tape attached to Caylee's skull, the same brand and type as that one found on a gas can in the Anthony family's east Orange County home, Pipitone reported.
But neither piece shows traces of Casey Anthony, according to documents released by the state attorney's office on Tuesday.
One DNA sample was traced to an FBI lab analyst who accidentally contaminated the outside of the duct tape during testing, the documents stated. But an FBI lab report showing a fragment of DNA represented by the number 17 was found on the underside, the adhesive side.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/21158117/detail.html

Note: Casey does not have an allele value of 17 in the same loci as the DNA fragment.

ETA****Sorry TreeSeeker for the duplicate. I was compiling the info for my post at the same time you were submitting.****

Attachments

• ducttape.jpg
    ducttape.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 28
I know what you mean Treeseeker, you would think Caylee's own DNA would have to be all over the tape.

Is the DNA evidence released so far only what was swabbed off the shiny side of the tape? (I take it.)

You'd expect that but it was stated in other posts that given the conditions of the crime scene that it is highly likely no original DNA is found. An example of a body exposed outside a week in a case resulted in no DNA -- and there was a confession. Prints are more likely on the adhesive than any surviving DNA.

oh I see, OK, reading over these things again, both the silver and the adhesive sides were swabbed (just catching up with you guys here :) ) I had forgotten the adhesive side was swabbed for DNA (yes I am interested in whether prints were obtained from the adhesive side, too, which we haven't seen yet....)

page 276-278 at this link re the DNA tests on the tape (p8635)
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21147519/detail.html

Just read your posts, thank you guys so much :) Your links are great, thanks again

Is the dna found definitively human? The Anthonys had two dogs, IIRC. Also, would a scavenging animal leave trace dna?

I don't really see what the big deal is if there was other DNA found that didn't belong to the perp. Caylee was tossed in a dump site basically. It seems very plausible that certain pieces of evidence would be contaminated. God only knows what was lurking around those woods.. littered with all that trash.

Maybe I am way off base, but that's how I see it.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member