725 users online (119 members and 606 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Study links virus to chronic fatigue syndrome

'' A virus recently linked to prostate cancer is a new suspect in chronic fatigue syndrome. Scientists tested blood from 101 patients and found two-thirds carried it.

That doesn't mean the virus causes chronic fatigue, stressed the research published Thursday in the journal Science.''

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...MnPbwD9B74L1O4

Thanks. As a sufferer of this, this article is hopeful.

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Thanks so much for posting this!! FINALLY researchers are saying it's not in our minds..They can find a link to what has been causing our Chronic Fatigue and hopefully soon they will find the link that is causing Fibromyalgia!!
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

Thank u. I just received a research article today and didn't know how to post it in the form it was sent to me.

Much thanks again.

Gozgals.

One of my doctors has said for years now that he thinks Fibro is CFS with pain. And the virus issue is not totally new. I test positive for having had the virus that causes Mono -which to my knowledge I never had. One of my drs is head of rheumatology at a large university med school and he has said there is, in his opinion, a viral connection. He has other Fibro/CFS patients with the same antibodies - only a couple ever had full blown mono. I am most interested in the idea of using some of the AIDS drugs against it. I am going to mention this on my next drs visit (two weeks) and I would certainly be willing to test the drugs. Having a bit of flare right now, I suppose I would try anything!

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Hands up if we are surprised by this.....it makes a great deal of sense to me.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou