In Touch article

Delrod

Reaction score
Here are a few things from the article about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard in In Touch magazine.

Jaycee is working with a "team of counselors" to help her get over everything she's been through.

While held prisoner she never saw a doctor and lived off TV dinners. After she war reunited w/her family her mother only gave her TV dinners at 1st because that's what she was used to, but now Terry is starting to cook for her too.
Jaycee has just discovered that she loves hot sauce.

The Garridos kept her in shackles -Makes me wonder if her daughters saw her kept in shackles.

She has started talking more about Garrido who behaved very strangely. Veering from violent rape to claiming he was a prophet and saying that he talked to Jesus through the box he carried around.

According to a family friend "Jaycee is not sitting in a corner crying now." "she's got her mother, her sister, and her daughters. They're all talking and the more they talk, the more they realize what sick man Garrido is."
She is also getting over her attachment to Garrido.

The computer composite pictures don't look anything like Jaycee. The conditions she had to live with have taken a physical toll on her. According to a family friend the composites "made her look like Christie Brinkley. Jaycee is a good-looking girl, but you can't even imagine what she looks like -it's not that. You're going to be shocked."
Carl Probyn said "she's not great, she's not line dancing ever night, but it's only been six weeks. She will be fine."

According to the family friend in the article "The attachment to Garrido is over already."

The article says her attachment to the Garridos might have happened when she realized "she wasn't going to be rescued" and the Garridos were the only "family" she knew so she could have developed feelings even though they were cruel to her.

Thank you for the update. Do you have a link to the article?

Interesting about the t.v. dinners. That type of 'meal' is certainly not known for it's nutritional value. That kind of steady diet, combined with never seeing a doctor for so many years makes me worry about her even more.

In regard to her appearence now...

I won't be surprised at all to find this is true, as it is something I've wondered about from the beginning. I just remember that it was said that the daughter in Austria, named Elizabeth, who had been held captive by her father (Frietzl ?) for (?) yrs.,
looked to be about 15 years older than her natural age.

The lack of proper nutrition, the lack of medical care, the lack of dental care, along with extreme, chronic stress of being held captive by sexual deviants for so many years had to have taken it's toll.

The lack of proper nutrition, the lack of medical care, the lack of dental care, along with extreme, chronic stress of being held captive by sexual deviants for so many years had to have taken it's toll.

I don't think the article is available online. Had to get it the old fashioned way, off the magazine rack.

Here are a few things from the article about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard in In Touch magazine.

Jaycee is working with a "team of counselors" to help her get over everything she's been through.

While held prisoner she never saw a doctor and lived off TV dinners. After she war reunited w/her family her mother only gave her TV dinners at 1st because that's what she was used to, but now Terry is starting to cook for her too.
Jaycee has just discovered that she loves hot sauce.

The Garridos kept her in shackles -Makes me wonder if her daughters saw her kept in shackles.

She has started talking more about Garrido who behaved very strangely. Veering from violent rape to claiming he was a prophet and saying that he talked to Jesus through the box he carried around.

According to a family friend "Jaycee is not sitting in a corner crying now." "she's got her mother, her sister, and her daughters. They're all talking and the more they talk, the more they realize what sick man Garrido is."
She is also getting over her attachment to Garrido.

The computer composite pictures don't look anything like Jaycee. The conditions she had to live with have taken a physical toll on her. According to a family friend the composites "made her look like Christie Brinkley. Jaycee is a good-looking girl, but you can't even imagine what she looks like -it's not that. You're going to be shocked."
Carl Probyn said "she's not great, she's not line dancing ever night, but it's only been six weeks. She will be fine."

wow this article makes me sad and happy at the same time......
it does seem like she's making progress and i'd take this over the national enquirer's word in regards to her attachement to garrido.
tv dinners for 18 years? :furious:
did he keep her in shackles for the entire 18 years even when he let her work at his buisness?
they used a quote from carl which gives more validity to the article too

According to the family friend in the article "The attachment to Garrido is over already."

The article says her attachment to the Garridos might have happened when she realized "she wasn't going to be rescued" and the Garridos were the only "family" she knew so she could have developed feelings even though they were cruel to her.

i agree with this assessment.
i cant imagien how lose and alone she must have felt.

Interesting about the t.v. dinners. That type of 'meal' is certainly not known for it's nutritional value. That kind of steady diet, combined with never seeing a doctor for so many years makes me worry about her even more.

In regard to her appearence now...

I won't be surprised at all to find this is true, as it is something I've wondered about from the beginning. I just remember that it was said that the daughter in Austria, named Elizabeth, who had been held captive by her father (Frietzl ?) for (?) yrs.,
looked to be about 15 years older than her natural age.

also have to worry about her reproductive system since she never had a doctor for her pregancies and labors.
seriously this article makes me want to do bad things to garrido

Thank you so much Delrod! Makes copying and pasting seem easy now, huh?

I've wanted to know how Jaycee and her daughters are doing, but knowing is bittersweet. It's comforting that we're all here because we care so much about them and want to help. Keeping the forum active even when the news dies down helps keep us strong as a group and we all do well together, I think. Maybe we'll have some influence on change that will keep this from happening to another little girl. Thank you all for everything you do that keeps us digging.

Excuse me - I got a little emotional thinking of Jaycee. I'm usually able to stay on focus, but I let myself drift. :)

also have to worry about her reproductive system since she never had a doctor for her pregancies and labors.
seriously this article makes me want to do bad things to garrido

This is like the 4th time you've mentioned your concern for her reproductive system, so I know how much this bothers you. But, I seriously doubt Jaycee will have any more children, so I don't think it's an issue. Maybe I'm wrong.

Not only that, people can and do have children at home, naturally and sometimes without outside medical care. Not that having no choice is ideal and her situation was heinous, but women's bodies are meant to have children. Sometimes you need intervention, sometimes it does not go according to plan, but many times you don't need interventions and it's a standard birth.

I am much, much more worried about her emotional, mental, psychological and physical well being. And that of the children she already is mothering.

Can we get a link to that article ASAP. Please and thank you :)

i should clarify my 2 sisters.
my worry isnt so much her ability to have more kids as to what constant rapes and preganacise to a child that young could cause in her future. cervical cancer ect........
and its ok. i got emotional reading this too and im a 35 year old guy. this story just rings so many of my buttons.

This is like the 4th time you've mentioned your concern for her reproductive system, so I know how much this bothers you. But, I seriously doubt Jaycee will have any more children, so I don't think it's an issue. Maybe I'm wrong.
I don't know that I can write off the possibility that Jaycee could have another child or two, someday. She is still so young.

With my rose-colored glasses, I can almost look into the future and see Jaycee falling in love, getting married, having a new baby- born of love, not control and violence.

Of course, I don't wear my rose-colored glasses often, because the squinting I have to do between the cracks in the lens always gives me such a headache.

But, I still want her to have all the options and chances at a happy life that she has been so long denied.

I don't know that I can write off the possibility that Jaycee could have another child or two, someday. She is still so young.

With my rose-colored glasses, I can almost look into the future and see Jaycee falling in love, getting married, having a new baby- born of love, not control and violence.

Of course, I don't wear my rose-colored glasses often, because the squinting I have to do between the cracks in the lens always gives me such a headache.

But, I still want her to have all the options and chances at a happy life that she has been so long denied.

agree a 100 percent.
you know she missed out on everything from grade school graduation to what woud have been her college graduation........first date, first kiss, prom, finding a career she loved, finding a man she would fall in love with. all because this sicko couldnt keep it in his pants.
not enough ways he can suffer for what he did to her

Not only that, people can and do have children at home, naturally and sometimes without outside medical care. Not that having no choice is ideal and her situation was heinous, but women's bodies are meant to have children. Sometimes you need intervention, sometimes it does not go according to plan, but many times you don't need interventions and it's a standard birth.

I am much, much more worried about her emotional, mental, psychological and physical well being. And that of the children she already is mothering.

women yes. 14 year old kidnapped girls........no

Sure fits the description of Stockholm syndrome.
One can only hope she gets over this "attachment."

But, before the 'miracles of modern science/ medicine', childbirth was the number one cause of death for women.

Many women died during the actual delivery, due to blood loss and other complications, and many died shortly after, due to infections from insufficient after-care.

This is why, even now, in the 21st century, 'home-birth' is such a controversial subject.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back