1136 users online (167 members and 969 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Quote Originally Posted by ann7189 View Post
    They said in one of the news reports Mr. Precht stated that he nor his wife have had any contact with their children since leaving them with the orphanage. He isn't telling the truth. Postal records have him and his oldest daughter living in the same residence in 1993-1995 in LaMesa CA. In the Cincinnati.com article it states they moved back and forth between Cincy and San Diego. Well..the oldest daughter has lived and currently lives in the San Diego area. I think I would be having some serious chats with the daughter. Have a feeling she can answer many questions

The police have a hard task ahead of them deciphering what is fact and what is fiction based on any information given by Mr. Precht.
    Someone should contact LE to either give the info or have them read the posts here since her identification.
    Would start at this post where her name was posted

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Seek_Answers View Post
    http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db_330522/c...tguid=e4fLU7dj

Husband arrested and charged with Lying about her death.

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The husband of a woman whose body was found in the Ohio River eight years ago but whose identity eluded authorities until earlier this month is accused of lying to police investigating her death.

"They fingerprinted her and tried to identify her through fingerprints. For a number of years they tried various different methods to try to identify her and were unsuccessful in that," said Hamilton County Sheriff's Detective Brian Williams.

After running the fingerprints through an FBI database Hamilton County Sheriff's Detective Williams says they finally found out who the woman was.

"It surfaced that there was an arrest from Covina, California for a Barbara Hess Precht," said Detective Williams.

Back in the 1980's Barbara Precht, 69, was arrested for shoplifting and her husband James, who was located last night through an anonymous tip, tells detectives the family was going through tough times to the point of having to leave their two daughters at an orphanage.

Fox19 had messaged Never Forget ME earlier today and asked for the photo's we have of her. I wish people would get the facts straight about her shoplifting arrest, this article says she was identified by the fingerprints because she had used her own name during that arrest. So why did her finger prints not match when they first ran them?

James Precht, 79, is held at the Hamilton County jail on charges of falsification and obstructing official business. His bond was set at $15,000.

According to court records, Precht refused to give detectives his name when they tried to talk to him at his Corryville residence Thursday.

Officials say that Precht is talking to investigators, but he's been elusive about what happened to his wife.
    Still_Seek_Answers, she didn't use HER name when she was arrested, she used Barbara Hess Pratt (Not Precht)...if those were her only fingerprints in the criminal database, I believe it would slow them down from finding out who she really was! My question is...why isn't the husband willing to cooperate? Why will he answer any question EXCEPT what happened to her? He knows ALOT more than he is willing to share. Hope someone is willing to come forward to help fill in the gaps before he gets out of jail and hides again for another 20 years.

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramey View Post
    Still_Seek_Answers, she didn't use HER name when she was arrested, she used Barbara Hess Pratt (Not Precht)...if those were her only fingerprints in the criminal database, I believe it would slow them down from finding out who she really was! My question is...why isn't the husband willing to cooperate? Why will he answer any question EXCEPT what happened to her? He knows ALOT more than he is willing to share. Hope someone is willing to come forward to help fill in the gaps before he gets out of jail and hides again for another 20 years.
    Thank you for this update and for your other thought provoking insights! Closure on this case has been long overdue. Hopefully we can have answers to those remaining questions - sooner rather than later.
    "Time is the most precious gift that anyone has to give. We never know for certain how much or how little we have left. So spend it, give it, invest it, or waste it accordingly." ~ Me

Please visit the WS Interactive Map:https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...A.kZbM_LWLnTzA

Maybe join the Group to make it better!
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/group.php?groupid=73

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/james...-of-pearl-lady

James Precht's attorney went before Judge Brad Greenberg Tuesday to ask him to lower Precht's $15,000 bond. He argued that Precht’s bond was too high for a man with no criminal record facing a minor charge.

Instead, the judge raised it, saying he wants to make sure Precht doesn't leave town.

Even more interesting the article was just updated so do not know if this was there...
    James Precht: Judge sets trial date for husband of 'Pearl Lady' - Woman's death stumped detectives for years
    WCPO Staff posted 4:04 PM, Nov 18, 2014 - updated 8 mins ago

Police started looking for Precht in May, when officials finally identified the woman found in the river eight years before as his wife, Barbara Rose Hess.

So, if they knew who she was in May, did they wait until they knew where HE was before they released her ID?

I'm going to say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Just going through some of my old cases and had a little google on this one. This FB page sums up what likely happened - be careful looking at the pics though, there is one of her deceased and in situ where she was found.

https://www.facebook.com/WeWontForge...73446072669430

Can't find anything about where her husband James Precht went after he was jailed, but basically he struck a plea deal which meant he served 25 days. Video worth watching:

Even with the plea deal, Williams asked for Greenberg to place Precht on probation, so that he would be monitored by the court system. "We are hoping the court would be willing to help us keep track of him for the time being because he did disappear for a number of years and he was unable to provide identification or his whereabouts,” Williams said.

Greenberg declined to put Precht on probation because he only had a few days hanging over his head as punishment. Instead, Precht will walk out of jail next week, and the mystery surrounding his wife’s death will remain.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/prosecutors...-lady/30054984

Bumping for Barbara!

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21