Hearing Set in Caylee Anthony Case/10-16-09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good! Great! Perhaps some of their carp can be laid to rest in this hearing. It's going to be a long one I bet. Poor Judge Strickland having to manage this three ring circus!

Hi All. I have been a MAJOR lurker (actually....make that a STALKER) on this site for over a year now. You guys are soooo GOOD. Before I can actually go to ask a question, I can usually find my answer.

Thanks for such brilliant discussions. I finally decided to give in and join in on the conversations.

My question..."Will KC also have to appear at next Friday's hearing?"

Dang it! I won't be able to go. My daughter doesn't have school on the 16th because of teacher conferences. Would it be wrong to arrange a playdate for her so that I can go to the hearing?

Bad mommy.

Hi All. I have been a MAJOR lurker (actually....make that a STALKER) on this site for over a year now. You guys are soooo GOOD. Before I can actually go to ask a question, I can usually find my answer.

Thanks for such brilliant discussions. I finally decided to give in and join in on the conversations.

Welcome...come in and enjoy

Dunno, but welcome! :)

Somebody will come along, shortly, with a good answer.

The answer is YES. Judge Strickland ordered her to appear at all evidentiary hearings a while back. IMHO, I believe that the judge found her previous non-attendance a problem since she would have no idea of what was happening in her case if she relied on assurances of her attorney, JB.

Yep. She'll have to appear. This is from Jan 2009:

Judge Rules Casey Must Attend Hearings
Friday, January 23, 2009

The court decided, if she waives any future hearings, they run the risk of further legal problems.
Casey can skip minor scheduling or trial status hearings.

Read Judge Stan Strickland Order:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

I was looking into sentences for aggravated manslaughter of a child....since JB wants counts 1 and 2 dropped....seems like one of the things they're left with.
I found this appeal in Fla....maybe what the defense is thinking about using as a reference?

I'm no lawyer by ANY stretch...maybe our legal friends can help....

http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin2004/092004/5D03-3786.op.pdf

Dang it! I won't be able to go. My daughter doesn't have school on the 16th because of teacher conferences. Would it be wrong to arrange a playdate for her so that I can go to the hearing?

Bad mommy.
I plan to be there. My kids don't have school either, but they're teens!!Yahoo!!

I was looking into sentences for aggravated manslaughter of a child....since JB wants counts 1 and 2 dropped....seems like one of the things they're left with.
I found this appeal in Fla....maybe what the defense is thinking about using as a reference?

I'm no lawyer by ANY stretch...maybe our legal friends can help....

http://www.5dca.org/Opinions/Opin2004/092004/5D03-3786.op.pdf

Thanks for the reference! This may very well be what JB is hoping for to be his "back-up plan" on the off-chance that he and the rest of the defense team are able to convince her that the invisinanny story isn't going to fly. Then he could lead her toward accepting a manslaughter charge and being out in no time. But me thinks this is where the duct tape will make a HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth