727 users online (71 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html

This is what I see:

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q64
    1 Q64
    2 Q64
    3 Q64
    4 Q64
    16 Q64
    17 Q64

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q63
    5 Q63
    6 Q63
    7 Q63
    8 Q63
    9 Q63

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q62
    10 Q62
    11 Q62
    12 Q62
    13 Q62
    14 Q62
    15 Q62

I don't see a heart shape on the tape with my old eyes, but it does not mean one is not on it, just means, (Me, Myself) I don't see it.

To me, all edges on the tape appear to have been torn from the roll, not cut with scissors or a knife, so she could have left prints, BUT...with the amount of deterioration on the adhesive side, given the elements it was in and time...I say it really would be a Miracle if any were found.

As I look at these pictures, given the condition the tape is in, I can't help but know Caylee tried everything in her power to hold on to every last piece of evidence she could. God bless you Caylee.

ETA: Lengths per SleuthTheTruth's request:

Q62 = 9.75
    Q63 = 7.5
    Q64 = 8.75
    Last edited by BondJamesBond; 05-17-2010 at 11:21 PM.

All of the duct tape pieces are approximately the same length. Very neat, precise and, in my opinion, deliberate. It doesn't look like an act of rage. All of the cuts/or tears are straight. None of the ends got accidently wadded because KC got excited.

KC may have gotten her tape strips ready in advance of the act.

jmo

I 100% Agree! It looks to me like KC planned this in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    All of the duct tape pieces are approximately the same length. Very neat, precise and, in my opinion, deliberate. It doesn't look like an act of rage. All of the cuts/or tears are straight. None of the ends got accidently wadded because KC got excited.

jmo
    Which may be evidenced by the remnant on the gas can.

Bottom Left - No Zoom

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthTheTruth View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html

This is what I see:

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q64
    1 Q64
    2 Q64
    3 Q64
    4 Q64
    16 Q64
    17 Q64

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q63
    5 Q63
    6 Q63
    7 Q63
    8 Q63
    9 Q63

Pictures of Duct Tape - Q62
    10 Q62
    11 Q62
    12 Q62
    13 Q62
    14 Q62
    15 Q62

I don't see a heart shape on the tape with my old eyes, but it does not mean one is not on it, just means, (Me, Myself) I don't see it.

To me, all edges on the tape appear to have been torn from the roll, not cut with scissors or a knife, so she could have left prints, BUT...with the amount of deterioration on the adhesive side, given the elements it was in and time...I say it really would be a Miracle if any were found.

As I look at these pictures, given the condition the tape is in, I can't help but know Caylee tried everything in her power to hold on to every last piece of evidence she could. God bless you Caylee.

It's Friday and I may be more nuts than usual after my evening cocktail - but if you look at image 3 here http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html - not the up close version but at the bottom row, I think you can see a heart outline on the bottom left of that image... or is it me??

Do you remember Diane Downs preparing her "emergency towel" in advance?

jmo
    At the trial the prosecutor showed how if you hurry and grab a hand towel to blot blood it is knotted up, messy, but in this case, the towel had precise blood stains through it, as though it was already laid out, then she shot herself, and picked it up and applied it. Wow it just reminds me so much of her, our Casey! Scary to know there are more than one of them out there, Sociopaths, that is.

jmo
    from when i have used duct tape - it does rip very straight across and neat once you get the tear started.

These pictures just sent chills through my soul. Poor Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsmom76 View Post
    These pictures just sent chills through my soul. Poor Caylee.
    What this child must have experienced finally hit home. Just gutwrenching!

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...upsremains.pdf

Page 19, Different lengths of duct tape, "One Long piece "13.5 x 2" Q-318
    Last edited by reeseeva; 10-09-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Add

"There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions, and those who won't" ..... Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    Which may be evidenced by the remnant on the gas can.

I was just getting ready to post this same thing! From the beginning of the duct tape discussion, I have speculated that those pieces on the gas cans may have been placed at the time that Caylee...well, you know.

During massive "wrapping sessions" during the Christmas holidays, I have been known to tear multiple, random-length pieces of tape, stick their edges to a tabletop, etc and begin wrapping. Sometimes, a piece is "too long" and I have to tear a small piece off before sticking to paper edge KWIM?

Quote Originally Posted by reeseeva View Post
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...upsremains.pdf

Page 19, Different lengths of duct tape, "One Long piece "13.5 x 2" Q-318
    O/T I just wanted to say I love your avatar pic - those dogs are adorable

this is a reality that I'm not good with ...

I can't think about someone doing that to a child

jmo
    I agree....

If it were a spontaneous act you would think the pieces would be of random length

Is it just me? Just knowing that these strips were wrapped around that precious baby's skull is just cringe-inducing. I can't imagine that any jury, after viewing those pictures, and the autopsy pictures of the skull with the tape still on it, then hearing about the rarity of that specific Henckels tape, which just happened to also be used for Missing Caylee posters from the A's home, won't send her murdering &^% straight to jail!
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast