Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

Quote Originally Posted by celticthyme View Post
    Trying to outline heart shape
    WOW! Thank you, Celtic, now I can see it!! I was beginning to think I was going blind looking for nose impressions and hearts on that tape. I totally appreciate all of you with such astute vision. I still feel extremely sad though to know this tape was on that precious baby's beautiful little face. RIP Caylee!

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travelgal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitty35 View Post
    http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html
    This is going to sound horrible and sad at the same time...but in this link (looking at photo 10 of 18) is anyone seeing what appears to be a shape of a small nose/nostrils. It would be at the top...near center but closer to the left hand side.

JMO, and sad to say, that is what it looks like...also even when you expand the image 11/18 I think you can still see it...even better than the close up in 10/18.

I see her little nose, LittleBitty and it makes me just sick! God Bless, Little Caylee.

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travelgal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I think the heart outline I can see on the left side is the right size and shape to match the missing sticker from the sticker backing, given that the duct tape is 2 inches in width.
    ...then I think we're seeing different things. What a surprise!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aafromaa View Post
    Ok, I'll admit it, I looked at the pics of the tape before reading anyone's posts about them, and I saw - nothing.

I looked at them again as I read each post giving a different possible location and only on one did I see something that I could consider resembling a heart shape but I certainly wouldn't have described it as a perfect heart shape and would have described it more of an impression on the tape than as sticker residue. I see the outline that someone put on the pic but if I look at that area of the pic without the outline, I cannot see it.

But, hey, my eyes aren't what they used to be - so nevermind that I can't see it and am confused by the fact that different posters see it in different locations and on different pieces.

Maybe someone can help me understand how the residue could be showing in pics taken by the FBI when the FBI said they couldn't get it to show up? (I'm pretty sure that I saw an FBI tag on the photo so it appears they are the one that provided these photos.) Are we concluding that these were pics taken before the analyst said that and someone else at the FBI had already captured it? Are we concluding that someone else - perhaps a better photographer was consulted at the FBI & took them after the one wrote that it couldn't be captured but before it was destroyed by fingerprinting process?
    Perhaps the actual "residue" couldn't be photographed, but the impression could be?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SCSam View Post
    It's Friday and I may be more nuts than usual after my evening cocktail - but if you look at image 3 here http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/21249759/detail.html - not the up close version but at the bottom row, I think you can see a heart outline on the bottom left of that image... or is it me??
    Yes - I can clearly see it. Chilling really.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NocturnalLady For This Useful Post:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    Documents say the sticker was about the size of a dime - the smallest of US currency.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Valhall
    IMO, the raised sticker found on the cardboard matting is about the right size.
    You are correct. That sticker is about the size of a dime, if not smaller.
    We're both wrong, JWG. This is the bigger heart from that assortment package. Page 695 of 1405 in pdf (page 9717 of discovery)

heart is ".75" across".

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valhall For This Useful Post:

So...to get us all started, here is a photo of the Q63 duct tape, and a photo of the empty sticker backer found inside the "Caylee" shoebox in Casey's closet, with a ruler to show its size. The duct tape is 2 inches wide.

I can see heart images on both ends of Q63.
    The one on the left is obvious to me; the right side not so much. To those of you using laptops to view Q63, try tilting your screen back and forth to improve the picture. Really helped me on mine.
    Hawk. My BFF

So...to get us all started, here is a photo of the Q63 duct tape, and a photo of the empty sticker backer found inside the "Caylee" shoebox in Casey's closet, with a ruler to show its size. The duct tape is 2 inches wide.

I can see heart images on both ends of Q63.
    Just to be certain I'm seeing what you are, is the heart image on the right end tilted to the right with bottom point at about 7:00. Image on left is perfectly straight and neatly centered. Right?
    Hawk. My BFF

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    Just to be certain I'm seeing what you are, is the heart image on the right end tilted to the right with bottom point at about 7:00. Image on left is perfectly straight and neatly centered. Right?
    Yes. Thanks. I feel a little less crazy now.

but only a little....

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

I must say that I thought maybe I could see the heart, too, until I downloaded the pics from Muzikman. (http://www.filedropper.com/100909caseypicfolders) In there are the unretouched, unresized photos of the duct tape; it is well worth downloading the rest of the photos (mostly KC's party photos) to get the folder with these pictures!! Thanks MM!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    I must say that I thought maybe I could see the heart, too, until I downloaded the pics from Muzikman. (http://www.filedropper.com/100909caseypicfolders) In there are the unretouched, unresized photos of the duct tape; it is well worth downloading the rest of the photos (mostly KC's party photos) to get the folder with these pictures!! Thanks MM!!
    I was just looking at those too. The more I blew up the photos, the less I could see the heart outline.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

I was just looking at those too. The more I blew up the photos, the less I could see the heart outline.
    Goes to show how much detail is lost/converted just by resizing photos. What a difference!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

I came across an interesting post on another site about a dental impression that someone believes they see.
    I can direct you to the site or link it but not sure it is allowed.

I wasn't able to see the impression but when I downloaded Muzikman's high res. images of the tape I do see something.
    Its Q62 - botton left edge.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QB. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QB. View Post
    I came across an interesting post on another site about a dental impression that someone believes they see.
    I can direct you to the site or link it but not sure it is allowed.

I wasn't able to see the impression but when I downloaded Muzikman's high res. images of the tape I do see something.
    Its Q62 - botton left edge.
    I see the mark you're looking at. However, it appears to be at least 2/3 of the 2" width of the tape. I'm fairly confident that that would be much too big to be a primary tooth.

JMO.

ETA: I just looked at the same area on the back (adhesive) of the tape. It appears that mark is being made where the fibers are moved.

ETA photos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FaerieB; 10-14-2009 at 08:40 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaerieB For This Useful Post:

Defense now says the tape wasn't over Caylee's mouth and that there's DNA to prove that a "stranger" was involved:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...his-child.html

<snipped>

"The state has led you to believe that there's duct tape around the mouth," attorney Linda Kenney Baden tells CBS' Maggie Rodriguez. "All we can say is that's going to be a disputed issue."

On the duct tape, DNA was found that belongs to an unidentified person, and that evidently is key to the defense's approach."
    LACI & CONNER - GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN!
    Laci's Archived Thread (Read Only):
    http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

28. The Following User Says Thank You to CuriousTwo For This Useful Post:

FaerieB,
    I am not sure I do see it, but this poster described what they saw and it was convincing.
    The impression appears, according to the poster, at the left edge of the tape Q62 towards the bottom of the tape.
    Last edited by QB.; 10-14-2009 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QB. View Post
    I measured my dental impression and its 1 1/2 inches.
    Sorry, I just don't see anything that is not explainable when you compare it to the reverse side. If I haven't captured the correct part of the tape, please steer me in a direction.

Just wanted to add that, after a private conversation with QB, I figured out we were talking apples and oranges. I thought we were referring to Caylee's dental impression but in reality someone else had suggested it was KC's impression we were looking at. The claim is that KC used her teeth to tear the tape (see attachment) and you can see her dental arch as well as supposed teeth. That poster says you can see the impression just above and to the left of the H. I've been over that picture to the point of making myself ill, and just don't see it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by angeldust View Post
    If you download this doc there is a pic near to bottom of the file that clearly shows a heart shaped sticker on tape I am new here so hope i have this right

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21252744/detail.html

sorry if im wrong

pages 38 and 39
    I have been following the Haileigh C. case for the passed month or so....but came to WS because of the great details and intelligent theories pertaining to Caylee. Thinking of how horrible the last moments of Caylee's life must have been is gut-wrenching. Seeing these photos for the first time, tonight, I am full of tears. These pictures really bring it home. I am sure when the jury sees these pics and the ones of Caylee's little bones.......................that horrible @&%# is finally going to have to deal with consequences.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MDdetective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieB View Post
    Just wanted to add that, after a private conversation with QB, I figured out we were talking apples and oranges. I thought we were referring to Caylee's dental impression but in reality someone else had suggested it was KC's impression we were looking at. The claim is that KC used her teeth to tear the tape (see attachment) and you can see her dental arch as well as supposed teeth. That poster says you can see the impression just above and to the left of the H. I've been over that picture to the point of making myself ill, and just don't see it.
    IMO this is along the same lines as was discussed ad infinitum of the recovery scene photos supposing one could see a skull in ever bit of leaf and under ever tree trunk and against each root. Also a cat, IIRC.

Pictures by themselves can be made to appear as many things they are not, especially in imagination when we were not there to see the actual object being photographed. Therefore, in no way disrespecting any one elses opinion , and not to disparage anything seen by anyone, I do not think these are teeth marks. They are indentations to be sure, but I highly doubt teeth impressions would be CSI worthy after months underwater and exposed to elements. Much the same as fingerprints. I just dont see the logic of it.

and the pictures are highly subjective without eyewitness backup.

no skulls, no hearts, no teeth marks, no book, no cat. IMOO
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them.
    Lois McMaster Bujold

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LawRig For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawRig View Post
    IMO this is along the same lines as was discussed ad infinitum of the recovery scene photos supposing one could see a skull in ever bit of leaf and under ever tree trunk and against each root. Also a cat, IIRC.

Pictures by themselves can be made to appear as many things they are not, especially in imagination when we were not there to see the actual object being photographed. Therefore, in no way disrespecting any one elses opinion , and not to disparage anything seen by anyone, I do not think these are teeth marks. They are indentations to be sure, but I highly doubt teeth impressions would be CSI worthy after months underwater and exposed to elements. Much the same as fingerprints. I just dont see the logic of it.

and the pictures are highly subjective without eyewitness backup.

no skulls, no hearts, no teeth marks, no book, no cat. IMOO

I see your point. In looking at the photo, I can see where it appears to be some kind of indentation and looking at it longer, I could convince myself that it is teeth impressions, but if you were to suggest it was something else, I could easily swing that way too. So I would have to disregard this impression if I was a juror looking at it.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kentjbkent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousTwo View Post
    Defense now says the tape wasn't over Caylee's mouth and that there's DNA to prove that a "stranger" was involved:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...his-child.html

<snipped>

"The state has led you to believe that there's duct tape around the mouth," attorney Linda Kenney Baden tells CBS' Maggie Rodriguez. "All we can say is that's going to be a disputed issue."

On the duct tape, DNA was found that belongs to an unidentified person, and that evidently is key to the defense's approach."
    She can try and debate it with Dr G but it is recorded as being over her mandible and portion of the maxilla, so her mouth and nose were covered.

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Reagan is offline How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    She can try and debate it with Dr G but it is recorded as being over her mandible and portion of the maxilla, so her mouth and nose were covered.
    Also, in Roy K's LE interviews, he clearly talks about the duct tape around the mouth. Gosh, these people are horrible liars.

I'm confident that Dr. G took photos and other documentation.

Let the jury decide. They are the poor souls that will actually have to view the photos of it, and possibly other diagrams.
    There is no justice in this system.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Reagan For This Useful Post:

Reagan is offline How does it feel to be a liar with pants constantly on fire?!
    O/T But I feel like I'm thread stalking you ZsaZsa lol. I assure you that's not the case! I just keep clicking on the same links as you, and agree with many of your posts!
    There is no justice in this system.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Reagan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Hi ZZ- Do you have a link to info that was released from Dr. G regarding the position of the tape on the skull? Been trying to find it and it would be helpful here, I think.

thanks!

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast