• It will be covered locally, and followed big on the Internet

Votes: 55 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattymarie

Reaction score
8 months until trial. Will the media coverage affect outcome? Will media coverage affect selection of potential jurors?

Does anyone know if the trial will be covered on any particular station, ala' OJ?

I don't think it will be a big trial on any kind of national level at all. I don't think it will be even close to the level of OJ's case.
Media will have an affect but not to a degree that it precludes her from a fair trial.
I have followed the case and I could still be neutral.

8 months until trial. Will the media coverage affect outcome? Will media coverage affect selection of potential jurors?
I feel certain it will be covered on InSession [TruTV],but I don't think it will be as big as OJ. In my circle of friends and relatives I'm the only one following the case at all.I think most people are aware of the case,but not as interested as they were when OJ was on trial.He was a popular sports figure / actor / celebrety ,who had been known as a "nice guy".He was quite well known and his case was followed closely. That's not to say this isn't a big media case,just not as big as OJ's ,IMO.

Do you think potential jurors would be asked if they would seek to benefit from being on the jury....interviews, articles, books? What about any and all associated with the trial?

Does anyone know if the trial will be covered on any particular station, ala' OJ?
I can't say for sure,but In Session on TruTV has covered many of the hearings and discuss the case a good bit.They also air many trials from FL live,probably because they are one of the few states that allow cameras in the courtroom.I believe they will cover the entire trial,live.

I think Headline News will likely cover the trial. Also, in many high-profile cases, a local television news station will stream the trial live online. We've already seen most of the hearing live-streamed, so I have no doubt about it, there will be at least one or more live-streams for those with Internet to log into.

I don't think media coverage will affect the jury selection. It hasn't affected other cases that had a lot of media coverage.

I feel certain it will be covered on InSession [TruTV],but I don't think it will be as big as OJ. In my circle of friends and relatives I'm the only one following the case at all.I think most people are aware of the case,but not as interested as they were when OJ was on trial.He was a popular sports figure / actor / celebrety ,who had been known as a "nice guy".He was quite well known and his case was followed closely. That's not to say this isn't a big media case,just not as big as OJ's ,IMO.

Yes...I know...she wasn't as big as a celebrity as OJ was in his prime...but she has become a celebrity now...d/t her alleged crime/notariety/parents' influence...could it capture the attention of the nation/world? Or only Orlando? and the Internet?

BBM

Same here. All my friends know of the case but none of them know any of the details other than the 31 days and the stink in the trunk.

The only reason this case has captured attention outside of Orlando, is due to the fact that a mother did not report her child missing. 31 days after the child went missing the grandmother reported the child missing. Then the mother lied through her teeth to LE, instead of helping to find her child.
Therefore, since these people are not celebraties- No it will not be anything near the size of coverage OJ had.
At this stage- most probably feel that the mother is locked up- the child's remains have been found- justice will prevail- end of story- on to the next case.
Mostly, locals will follow the trial-
Truly, I have talked to many people outside of Florida who don't have a clue who the A's are, or anything about the case.

I think that Nancy Grace will cover it for HLN. Remember they actually broadcast Caylee's memorial service too, in its entirety on HLN. There has been enough national coverage on all of the major networks, Larry King, People magazine covers, etc. that they would have quite the viewership. Definitely on Tru-TV (formerly Court TV).

The only reason this case has captured attention outside of Orlando, is due to the fact that a mother did not report her child missing. 31 days after the child went missing the grandmother reported the child missing. Then the mother lied through her teeth to LE, instead of helping to find her child.
Therefore, since these people are not celebraties- No it will not be anything near the size of coverage OJ had.
At this stage- most probably feel that the mother is locked up- the child's remains have been found- justice will prevail- end of story- on to the next case.
Truly, I have talked to many people outside of Florida who don't have a clue who the A's are, or anything about the case.

So true.. My hubby doesn't uderstand the case, and when he knows im reading it, he says "are you reading that NG carp again.

My mum and grandmum are ALWAYS watching the news, but they think she ac cidentally gave her too much meds , but do think she is guilty.

My oldest daughter thinks she is guilty as sin...she knows how invested I am in this case and others, but continues to be in over with SO. Long story for another time.

I don't think it will be a big trial on any kind of national level at all. I don't think it will be even close to the level of OJ's case.
Media will have an affect but not to a degree that it precludes her from a fair trial.
I have followed the case and I could still be neutral.

Media has not influenced my thinking either-I could not be a juror, I am too intimately familiar with the stress of being a 19 year old mom, and I don't think she could handle it. I am very personally ticked off at her for being so weak, if I am to be perfectly honest. I know that's not very Christian of me, but her whining and the way out that she took, there are so many other avenues that could have been taken to prevent this.
I am already convinced that she let her anger and resentment get the worst of her.

I think that Nancy Grace will cover it for HLN. Remember they actually broadcast Caylee's memorial service too, in its entirety on HLN. There has been enough national coverage on all of the major networks, Larry King, People magazine covers, etc. that they would have quite the viewership. Definitely on Tru-TV (formerly Court TV).

We also have folks here from around the globe that have initially heard of it in international news forums and then followed it through local coverage, or by coming here. Just by the YouTube video hits alone, I'd say there is a continued audience, even if it does have specific demographics.

I wonder if a network such as HLN will be allowed inside the court room? I have only followed a few cases of this severity, one being Laci and Connor Peterson. If my memory is correct I think the media was not allowed in the court room at all.

None of my friends have a clue as to what it going on. Anything they do want to know, they ask me. Sad but true.

None of my friends have a clue as to what it going on. Anything they do want to know, they ask me. Sad but true.

I hate to quote my own quote but I also believe how much media coverage this trial will receive will depend on if it is a "slow" news day. Meaning if nothing else newsworthy happens on that particular day then it might make national news but if something of substance to news stations happens, this trial will take a back burner.

Heck, give the As time. I don't think they will be satisfied until they become a household name.

It will be covered locally, and followed big on the Internet.

My hubby has family in Orlando, not one of them has heard of the Anthony name, KC or what happened to Caylee, they have no clue. So it is possible to get a fair jury...

I think it'll be big news. The players have been all over the national news, the Today show, Larry King, CBS early show, GMA. You know those shows will be updating the trial daily during, I have a hard time believing they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆