985 users online (171 members and 814 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Question The Bullet

    Some friends that aren't on WS brought this to my attention. A bullet was recovered from the crime scene and is listed on page 125. Has this been discussed anywhere? What is this bullet???

    http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21252257/detail.html

  2. #2
    wonders's Avatar
    wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here There and Everywhere
    Posts
    3,353
    Kimster it may not mean anything to Caylee. IIRC Dr. G. didn't find any marks on Caylee's remains to indicate a weapon wound happened thus the COD is unknown.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

  3. #3
    Page 683 also talks about the bullet jacket also ~~ lists it as an item from the scene Q110

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,198
    There was also a bomb found there, IIRC, must have been a fun place back in the day-Also could have been people living in that area before it was developed that did their backyard shooting practice there....any number of scenarios, but no ballistics in the Caylee autopsy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the sunshine.
    Posts
    9,875
    IIRC.....there was an article about a live grenade or landmine that was recovered in the area, but not the spot where the remains were found. I have to go look for the link, but I remember something that came out in the Sentinel but was later determined to be unrelated.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    IIRC.....there was an article about a live grenade or landmine that was recovered in the area, but not the spot where the remains were found. I have to go look for the link, but I remember something that came out in the Sentinel but was later determined to be unrelated.
    If only Casey would have stepped on that landmine on her way out...would have saved alot of taxpayers some money.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,285
    It's a wooded stretch in the middle of suburbia. It's amazing what you will find in some of those places. Bullets and old shotgun shells are extremely common. It is doubtful it has anything to do with the case. Just something left there by kids hanging out.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    468
    OT but I was actually disappointed in the people from Florida that they let their woods be so filled with all the stuff they found there.
    Plastic trash bags etc.
    Floridians, at least this part of Florida aren't very green. Yeah, I know snakes and all, but still what ever happened to fining folks for tossing their cr*p away!

  9. #9
    DaughterAlice's Avatar
    DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    512
    Speaking as a central floridian, I promise we aren't all that way. I get so depressed thinking about Caylee being "dumped" in a place where people always dump their garbage. It honestly would have been BETTER if she'd been left at Blanchard Park. At least it's beautiful & clean there.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbackon View Post
    OT but I was actually disappointed in the people from Florida that they let their woods be so filled with all the stuff they found there.
    Plastic trash bags etc.
    Floridians, at least this part of Florida aren't very green. Yeah, I know snakes and all, but still what ever happened to fining folks for tossing their cr*p away!
    I don't think that a dump site in one small Florida suburban neighborhood speaks to the character of Floridians in general.

    I would be willing to bet that you could find these types of areas all over the US. I think it speaks more of human nature than anything. There will always be people who leave messes for others to clean up.

    You might even find litterbugs near you.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,431
    What one finds in the Orlando, Florida woodsy areas that are unpopulated is mainly trash from construction workers. Apparently, they either are too lazy or don't want to pay the dump fees so you'll see things like house shingles, empty paint buckets, old tarps, old wood, old TOILETS (I kid you not), old tiles, etc. Of course, one will also find the obligatory squatting area from homeless people with empty cans, food containers, and filthy clothes, random shoes, etc. The most common thing I'll find dumped are house shingles and tires. Disgusting that people are so lazy and so uncaring to others' property.

    Oh, and lest I forget to mention, one also sees Santerian items like altars to Oggun and dumped animals (depending on the area). Also, one finds dumped pets which are usually in black garbage bags. I'm sure the OPD got about 100 calls about finding pet bones in a bag during all the Caylee searches. I'd say, if the bones had a dog collar on it and has the skull of an animal don't bother calling OPD!
    Last edited by Theonly1; 10-10-2009 at 10:42 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    468

    I guess

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    I don't think that a dump site in one small Florida suburban neighborhood speaks to the character of Floridians in general.

    I would be willing to bet that you could find these types of areas all over the US. I think it speaks more of human nature than anything. There will always be people who leave messes for others to clean up.

    You might even find litterbugs near you.
    since there might be litterbugs near me, I guess it's ok then.
    Nevermind.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    What one finds in the Orlando, Florida woodsy areas that are unpopulated is mainly trash from construction workers. Apparently, they either are too lazy or don't want to pay the dump fees so you'll see things like house shingles, empty paint buckets, old tarps, old wood, old TOILETS (I kid you not), old tiles, etc. Of course, one will also find the obligatory squatting area from homeless people with empty cans, food containers, and filthy clothes, random shoes, etc. The most common thing I'll find dumped are house shingles and tires. Disgusting that people are so lazy and so uncaring to others' property.

    Oh, and lest I forget to mention, one also sees Santerian items like altars to Oggun and dumped animals (depending on the area). Also, one finds dumped pets which are usually in black garbage bags. I'm sure the OPD got about 100 calls about finding pet bones in a bag during all the Caylee searches. I'd say, if the bones had a dog collar on it and has the skull of an animal don't bother calling OPD!
    We had a case here in Va. where PETA was "rescuing" cats, but rather than truly rescuing them , the guy who had them just killed them and bagged them in his van-Where was he planning on putting them? Probably an area similar to Suburban.
    On another note, but way more extreme than Florida I'm sure, in the Appalachian areas (VA, WV, KY, etc.) you will find that a lot of folks dump not only trash but appliances, toys, etc., right down the steep hills/cliffs in their back yards. It is sad to see trash flowing down their mountains (I mean it is a lot and very noticeable).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Some friends that aren't on WS brought this to my attention. A bullet was recovered from the crime scene and is listed on page 125. Has this been discussed anywhere? What is this bullet???

    http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21252257/detail.html
    IIRC, LE decided it wasn't related to the case.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam



Similar Threads

  1. New doubts regarding JFK bullet analysis
    By Marthatex in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
  2. Stronger Than a Falling Bullet: Woman's Bra Softens Bullet's Blow
    By dark_shadows in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2007, 05:49 AM
  3. Her Bra Stopped a Bullet!!!!
    By ariel7 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 04:31 PM