1020 users online (240 members and 780 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Misty's lawyer quits

http://www.staugustine.com/stories/1..._2072176.shtml

"Misty Cummings' lawyer, who failed to talk her out of going to New York for a nationally televised interview Friday morning, is no longer representing her.
    The announcement came the same day his former client suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter.

"I can't really speak about the reasons, other than Misty doesn't need me any more," said Robert Fields, with the Palatka firm of Dowda & Fields. "She's an adult now; she's married."

This comes as no surprise whatsoever I am amazed he lasted this long after the lie detector fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    http://www.staugustine.com/stories/1..._2072176.shtml

"Misty Cummings' lawyer, who failed to talk her out of going to New York for a nationally televised interview Friday morning, is no longer representing her.
    The announcement came the same day his former client suggested someone on her husband's side of the family may know what happened to her missing stepdaughter.

"I can't really speak about the reasons, other than Misty doesn't need me any more," said Robert Fields, with the Palatka firm of Dowda & Fields. "She's an adult now; she's married."
    Is Fields a child advocate?

Or is he giving us a clue or two? lol
    My Opinion Only..MOO

She is rather obviously an uncontrollable client. Among other things Lawyers are taught when it is best to simply walk away from a client who shows no signs of actually wanting the advice and knowlege they have hired you for.

"Fields said he contacted Cummings on Thursday after hearing she was planning to appear on the CBS Morning News on Friday.

She said she would not but flew to New York for the show anyway.

Fields said he texted her, notifying her of his decision, when the program aired. He didn't know if she actually got the message because she hadn't called him back as of Friday night."

Looks like she wasn't following his legal advice, and lied to him saying she wouldn't go to the show, but did anyway.

This does not surprise me at all. Misty is completely nuts and its obvious she is not all there.

Oh, shes all there, but totally inept at navigating a situation this serious. This could be our good luck. I hope LE runs to get her now.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post
    ..... Looks like she wasn't following his legal advice, and lied to him saying she wouldn't go to the show, but did anyway.
    She lied??????

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I'm not surprised he dropped her, makes no sense to have a lawyer and refuse to follow his advice. She may want to get another lawyer quickly
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Yeah!!!! I'm so glad he quit taking her crap. She is out of control and doing really stupid things. If only she knew how ridiculous she is making herself look.

She flat out lied to the reporter doing the airport video. Did he not ask her if she was going to NY for an interview? She said "No". She's good at it. She lied to her attorney which is equivalent to biting your own nose to spite your own face. What attorney is going to take her on now knowing she does what she wants to anyway, will probably make a fool of them in doing so and especially if she has no money!
    My posts are my opinion only.....

Is she being a rebellious teen who resists any adult authority figures giving her good advice because she's 17, she knows best?

The lawyer did the right thing for himself; it's hard to help a client who won't take your advice and lies to you.

Quote Originally Posted by PorcineGranny View Post
    Oh, shes all there, but totally inept at navigating a situation this serious. This could be our good luck. I hope LE runs to get her now.
    How does not having a lawyer make her more accessible to LE? They still can't question her without a lawyer present, so the court would have to appoint one, if she doesn't have the money to hire another lawyer.
    I don't think this lawyer dropping her is going to make one bit of difference, because if LE had probable cause, they would already have her behind bars. Maybe that's just right around the corner... we can hope.
    But I don't blame him for dropping her, she didn't take his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    She flat out lied to the reporter doing the airport video. Did he not ask her if she was going to NY for an interview? She said "No". She's good at it. She lied to her attorney which is equivalent to biting your own nose to spite your own face. What attorney is going to take her on now knowing she does what she wants to anyway, will probably make a fool of them in doing so and especially if she has no money!
    Very chilling when you keep that in mind and go back and watch the first few videos Misty made after Haleigh went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    How does not having a lawyer make her more accessible to LE? They still can't question her without a lawyer present, so the court would have to appoint one, if she doesn't have the money to hire another lawyer.
    I don't think this lawyer dropping her is going to make one bit of difference, because if LE had probable cause, they would already have her behind bars. Maybe that's just right around the corner... we can hope.
    But I don't blame him for dropping her, she didn't take his advice.
    The way I understand it, now they CAN question her anytime they wish UNTIL she asks for representation. She doesn't have that shield right now, but I doubt they will do that. They'll just let her keep talking and they'll be listening verrrryyyy carefully. This girl is a live wire and she's flipping all over the place.
    Last edited by Baznme; 10-10-2009 at 09:58 AM.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast