796 users online (104 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Animal Hair/Fur

I am truly baffled by the mention of finding and testing animal hair/fur in the trunk of the car - namely on the pizza box. It was also found IIRC in the tire well. Did KC actually place a dead squirrel in the trunk (as mentioned in her text to AD) to try and explain away the horrific smell? Sorry I don't have a link to the actual pages in the doc dump. I will try to find it again.

Here is one report reference. P. 56 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...vidence(1).pdf
    Last edited by TotallyObsessed; 10-10-2009 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    I am truly baffled by the mention of finding and testing animal hair/fur in the trunk of the car - namely on the pizza box. It was also found IIRC in the tire well. Did KC actually place a dead squirrel in the trunk (as mentioned in her text to AD) to try and explain away the horrific smell? Sorry I don't have a link to the actual pages in the doc dump. I will try to find it again.

Here is one report reference. P. 56 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...vidence(1).pdf
    It was also found on Caylee's mama doll.

Could it just be transfer hair from the Anthony's dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    Could it just be transfer hair from the Anthony's dogs?
    Well, the curious thing is that there are animal hairs identified as dog hair, cat hair and even rabbit fur (at the crime scene), but these particular ones are left unidentified and generically referenced as "animal hair, fur".

I wonder if it could have been from clothing, a rabbit fur vest for example? Or from a stuffed animal? Or maybe she started nailing squirrels as suggested earlier...

On one of the pages it said that it was not dog or cat fur...I wonder if she happened to hit a squirrel, or found one on the side of the road and put it in the trunk to come up with an excuse for the smell.

Well, they have two Yorkies, but they do not shed.....They have hair like us that keeps growing, that's why I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
    On one of the pages it said that it was not dog or cat fur...I wonder if she happened to hit a squirrel, or found one on the side of the road and put it in the trunk to come up with an excuse for the smell.
    It must be the squirrel that happened to be looking for acorns in JG's house and found the spare car key...then let himself into KC's car trunk where he died and then crawled up under the hood...lol
    -Si vis pacem, para bellum.

-Senatus Populus Que Romanus

-Why is it, if you help someone get away with a crime before they are arrested you are an accomplice...but if you help them get away with a crime after they are arrested you are a defense attorney?

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    Well, they have two Yorkies, but they do not shed.....They have hair like us that keeps growing, that's why I got one.
    Just what I was thinking, Yorkies do not have fur-wonder if LE is aware of this.
    Their hair is brown, black, silvery, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    Just what I was thinking, Yorkies do not have fur-wonder if LE is aware of this.
    Their hair is brown, black, silvery, IIRC.
    Well, in the forensic reports when they identify something as dog or cat they state "dog hair", "cat hair"...this is "animal hair (AH), fur".

Quote Originally Posted by twomanywords View Post
    They sure don't. I've got 2 now and in my 47 yrs. we've had 6. No shedding @ all.

What in the world could it be????
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
    Well, in the forensic reports when they identify something as dog or cat they state "dog hair", "cat hair"...this is "animal hair (AH), fur".

Ahhhh...the ever elusive Big Foot or the Chupacabra??

I'm thinking/hoping the unidentified "animal hair, fur" would have been tested against squirrel fur...just as a matter of ruling it out....just what I'd do...

ETA : I still can't find the animal hair/fur references in the documents....
    Last edited by MyTinkieGirl; 10-10-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhall View Post
    Well, the curious thing is that there are animal hairs identified as dog hair, cat hair and even rabbit fur (at the crime scene), but these particular ones are left unidentified and generically referenced as "animal hair, fur".
    It could have been that she did leave Caylee somewhere "out there"...and later went and retrieved her before finally dumping her near her home.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTinkieGirl View Post

Ahhhh...the ever elusive Big Foot or the Chupacabra??

I'm thinking/hoping the unidentified "animal hair, fur" would have been tested against squirrel fur...just as a matter of ruling it out....just what I'd do...

ETA : I still can't find the animal hair/fur references in the documents....
    I did see the animal hair put out there by a poster with page #s (IIRC)...but can't remember which thread. Sorry.
    I'm glad someone started this thread. It was the the first time I said "WTF!!" when I read about it.

We have all sorts of furry creatures in the woods where i come from, fox, badger, skunk, coon, to name a few, but does anyone know what ones might inhabit the woods in that area??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast