The Single Piece of Henkel Duct Tape Found NOT on Remains

magic-cat

Mother to Many
Reaction score
Website
www.thedistryct.com
Since this is an entirely different piece of duct tape than the three which were found directly on Caylee's remains I thought perhaps we could discuss this one seperately so as not to lose the details of it within the other duct tape thread (the duct tape match).

I find it extremely unlikely that there would be another UNrelated piece of exactly the same type of RARE tape at the crime scene. Here is what I have discovered thus far and am still digging. Is there already info in the forum concerning this particular single piece of Henkel Tape?

Page 204 of 1405
http://www.wftv.com/download/2009/1009/21252103.pdf
Item 16-One piece of duct tape-Henkel Consumer Adhesives-
Q100 (Analyst note: This tape appears to be the same/similar to that found on the remains of CAYLEE.
In addition to all other testing the Lab sees pertinent examine for prints.
Listed again on page 218 of same document.
Item # 16
H-60493
Collected December 12th from crime scene where remains were found.
Pg 221-Examination request:
Please analyze process for latents and compare the piece of duct tape to the duct tape found on the human remains
and to the duct tape from the residence.
Pg 233-Listed on property form from 12-12-08.

Perhaps it was on her wrists or legs (used to bind them) and over the course of months of her being in the elements and skeletonizing, it was dislodged?

Just thinking out loud. I definitely think that all the tape came from the killer that put Caylee out in the woods.

No problem having a separate thread. But if it turns into the same conversation as all the other duct tape threads it's just a source of frustration during trial.

FWIW
I just took a tape measure from ear to ear, across my mouth = 12 "
Around my ankles ( close together) = 12-13 "

Perhaps it was on her wrists or legs (used to bind them) and over the course of months of her being in the elements and skeletonizing, it was dislodged?

Just thinking out loud. I definitely think that all the tape came from the killer that put Caylee out in the woods.
I thought the same thing! :sick:

Thank you so much, magic-cat. I don't know how in the world I missed that this tape was also Henkel!
I just started this document this morning at 3:30 am and discovered this info somewhere around 5:00 am and was so daggone bleary eyed at that point that I neglected to recall the item designation number or a page number so had to go through it all again from the beginning to relocate the info...:banghead:

Took notes this time!:dance:

This link shows:

Q318 depicted in photo #13 and 14
Q104 in photo #46 and 48 (the Henkel logo is present)

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...otosofducttapeclothingshovel/indexGallery.htm
That is very possible. I think the FBI assigns its own Q number for the evidence that they receive so it is entirely possible that OSCO labeled that piece as Q104 and then the FBI labeled it as Q100...I have no verification of this, but since that photo IS of a lone piece of duct tape showing the Henkel logo it does stand to reason...:waitasec:

So we have the following of an EXTREMELY RARE tape associated with this case:

1.)Tape from gas gan
2.)Three pieces of tape from Caylee's skull remains
3.)One single piece of tape found AT remains scene but not ON remains
4.)Tape from video that Kathi Belich has recently reported on
ALL HENKEL!!!
The odds are stacking up against this being random coincidence don't you think?

Trying to keep this piece of Henkel tape straight in my head and taking notes. Thought I'd add them in here too. All these Q numbers drive me crazy trying to keep them all straight!

For the Henkel tape:
Zone 20 was near Caylee's remains
Reference info: Found Dec 12, 2008, H-60493, Item 16, OCSO# Q100, FBI# Q104

For the long non-Henkel tape
Found in lane 7 (near wooden fence, away from Caylee's remains)
Reference info: Found Dec 19, 2008, J60013, Item 4, no FBI # found yet
More tape found with this long piece, also non-Henkel
Reference info: Found Dec 19, 2008, J60013, Item 5, no FBI # found yet

Post by JWG: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3497509&postcount=386"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Duct Tape Match[/ame]

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21161111/detail.html
Page 9588

The fabric portion of specimens Q62 through Q64 and Q104 are microscopically dissimilar in fiber composition to the fiber composition to Q66. Accordingly they are not consistent with originating from the same source as Q66.

FBI# Q62, 63, and 64 are the 3 pieces of Henkel tape across Caylee's mouth/nose area
FBI# Q66 is the gas can Henkel tape (OCSO# Q76, Item 65)

Let's be real frank here. This piece of tape (104) shows signs of animals eating on it. There really is no good explanation for the missing edge and the jagged nature of it.

The microscopic analysis has it exactly the same as the other three pieces of henkel tape found on/at the remains.

There are some differences though in what they found adjacent to this tape versus 62-64. Q62-Q64 had "numerous white textured polyester-type" fibers along with one black wool fiber and one blue cotton fiber. (Q66 from the gas can had the white textured polyester-type fiber, one blue (or black, this is a discrepancy in the record) cotton fiber and "one manufactured blue fiber".

Q104 has blue cotton, red cotton, black, grey-brown, and blue fibers. It's the "red" that catches my eye. The letters of the little pink t-shirt are supposed to be near this Q104 tape. The tape looks to measure about 8 inches or slightly longer, so it's not long enough to wrap around her mid-section.

It appears this tape was close to Caylee's mid-section (to her shirt). It appears to have been transported along with the shirt (that could be by various means, all of which get very upsetting to list, so I won't), but it sure appears to have been lower on the body than the tapes that were around the skull that showed no red fibers.

For reference:

This piece of Henkel tape was found in Zone 20 of the remains site, along with Item 15 - the words 'in' and 'packages' from Caylee's shirt.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740700/detail.html
Please see page 7

By the way, I think you may be misinterpreting "zone 20". All of the evidence confiscated from the Anthony home on the same day are labeled "zone 20" as well.

Who wants to bet they are going to say "Zanny stole the duct tape!"? Probably the same time she stole all the other items tied to the A's home from the scene <insert sarcasm here>

Who wants to bet they are going to say "Zanny stole the duct tape!"? Probably the same time she stole all the other items tied to the A's home from the scene <insert sarcasm here>
Kathi Belich has ruined this theory for them I think! Henkel tape showed up AFTER the fact, so...if the defense goes there then they are going to be rowing the ____creek without a paddle me thinks...:dance:

Let's be real frank here. This piece of tape (104) shows signs of animals eating on it. There really is no good explanation for the missing edge and the jagged nature of it.

The microscopic analysis has it exactly the same as the other three pieces of henkel tape found on/at the remains.

There are some differences though in what they found adjacent to this tape versus 62-64. Q62-Q64 had "numerous white textured polyester-type" fibers along with one black wool fiber and one blue cotton fiber. (Q66 from the gas can had the white textured polyester-type fiber, one blue (or black, this is a discrepancy in the record) cotton fiber and "one manufactured blue fiber".

Q104 has blue cotton, red cotton, black, grey-brown, and blue fibers. It's the "red" that catches my eye. The letters of the little pink t-shirt are supposed to be near this Q104 tape. The tape looks to measure about 8 inches or slightly longer, so it's not long enough to wrap around her mid-section.

It appears this tape was close to Caylee's mid-section (to her shirt). It appears to have been transported along with the shirt (that could be by various means, all of which get very upsetting to list, so I won't), but it sure appears to have been lower on the body than the tapes that were around the skull that showed no red fibers.
Hi vahall! So I would think that had she bound poor baby Caylee'shands with that particular piece then that would account for being in the shirt area, yes? And also, when the remains were disarticulated from whatever means, be it decomposition, animal activity or the flooding that inevitably occurred, then IF her hands were bound with this tape then it is entirely possible that an animal is repsonsible for that jagged edge and that is as far as I can verbalize in that horrible scenario....:furious:

'cause she had a key...of course!

Hi vahall! So I would think that had she bound poor baby Caylee'shands with that particular piece then that would account for being in the shirt area, yes? And also, when the remains were disarticulated from whatever means, be it decomposition, animal activity or the flooding that inevitably occurred, then IF her hands were bound with this tape then it is entirely possible that an animal is repsonsible for that jagged edge and that is as far as I can verbalize in that horrible scenario....:furious:

Yeah, I think that's a reasonable scenario to be quite honest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back