996 users online (207 members and 789 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Rat Strangled over last Cig

Signal 70, red truck, white truck, cow, suspect took off in the woods, Kangaroo....

Wow, this guy's wife needs to get away from him now! He obviously has horrible anger issues.
    And I think he should get animal abuse charges. It was a pet who didn't deserve what happened to him at all.

Oh. Man.

My family had to put our pet rat down a couple of months ago because she developed cancer.

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of learning how rats are such wonderful pets, let me share this with you:

Rats are sorta like dogs. They LOVE their people. They are SMART. Very smart, in fact! They have distinct personalities. They enjoy INTERACTING with their humans. They will, if given a choice between reaching for two people, ALWAYS choose "their" person. They are AWARE.

It just kills me that someone would hurt a pet. To hurt one that is conscious of the relationship they have with humans is so beyond comprehension for me. To hurt a sentient pet in order to cause pain to the human owner is beyond comprehension. To do it over a freaking cigarette is just STUPID.

That is awful. Poor rat.

Why wasn't Ron charged with animal cruelty??????? Wait, that's right, he wasn't charged at all. But why? Why isn't LE charging him for animal cruelty, tampering with evidence and threatening a witness? Ron get by with everything he has ever done, why LE?

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Oh. Man.

My family had to put our pet rat down a couple of months ago because she developed cancer.

For those of you who have never had the pleasure of learning how rats are such wonderful pets, let me share this with you:

Rats are sorta like dogs. They LOVE their people. They are SMART. Very smart, in fact! They have distinct personalities. They enjoy INTERACTING with their humans. They will, if given a choice between reaching for two people, ALWAYS choose "their" person. They are AWARE.

It just kills me that someone would hurt a pet. To hurt one that is conscious of the relationship they have with humans is so beyond comprehension for me. To hurt a sentient pet in order to cause pain to the human owner is beyond comprehension. To do it over a freaking cigarette is just STUPID.
    This is amazing ... pet rats act like dogs? Oh oh .. now I wish we could get one. But it's a scary thought. Would require a lot of research before getting into it.

How many years did you have your pet rat? I've already read a little bit, and I think I would like a female rat. Neutered or spayed, I always forget which is for the female.

My dh would pack up and leave. Or maybe pack me up and pitch me out.

How big was your rat, kgeaux?

I sure could use something warm and cuddly to hold, and there aren't any grandchildren in the offing!

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Why wasn't Ron charged with animal cruelty??????? Wait, that's right, he wasn't charged at all. But why? Why isn't LE charging him for animal cruelty, tampering with evidence and threatening a witness? Ron get by with everything he has ever done, why LE?
    Please refresh my memory .. what cruelty did Ron commit and to what animal/s?

Doesn't surprise me to hear that, not one little bit.

bolded by me.

Because it's in Florida? No offense intended, but it seems like LE (and CPS, although it isn't involved in this case, of course) in FL are backwards and in some cases, severely lacking.

His name is Dan-snipped
    "Records show Darren Daniels of DeLand became angry, bashed and strangled a pet white rat and grabbed his 20-year-old wife during a confrontation early Thursday.
    Daniels faces several charges, and animal cruelty may be added. He was released from the Volusia jail after posting $3,000."

I had a rat as a pet when I was a child-they are amazingly smart and devoted to their people. I am willing to bet that Dan has attacked his wife before-fwiw this is a classic representation of dom violence where a pet is used to control the other party.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

teedie2, you should get a rat, they make great pets. They love to play and cuddle. Ours always reminded me of kittens.

I had pet rats (Danny & Eppie) while growing up. They are wonderful pets! Very smart and loving.

This man needs to be charged with animal cruelty. And, animal cruelty laws need to carry stiffer penalties.

This makes me so mad.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    Oh. Man.

Domesticated rats are wonderful pets! We had many over the years when our kids, now grown, were young. They are very smart and IMO one of the best small animals to keep as a pet. We had one rat, Beauty, and I would come to her cage and simply say "cheese" and she'd come over and hold her hand out. The only down side is that you get very attached to them and they don't live long (compared to cats and dogs).
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.