TX TX - Conroe, Crater Lake, WhtMale 20-35, UP4239, clothes, tattoos: "Liz", "Baby Dawn", devil, Aug'86 - Clarence Wilson

Mensch

Former Member
Reaction score
Looking for tips on research reported missing adults in the mid 80's. Was there a data base then? Also trying to find a data base for missing adults in Mexico around that time. I have an unidentified homicide with multiple tatoos and I believe it is possible he is from Mexico, Suggestions?

If you could post some more details on your Doe, that would help people suggest some good databases, I think; especially, state/city.

If you could post some more details on your Doe, that would help people suggest some good databases, I think; especially, state/city.
Victim found north of Houston TX, 1986.
I am trying to figure out the NAMUS site. I am not with an agency but they ask that during registration. Can indviduals search there without registration? I know I cannot view photos because I got an error message when I tried. I did find a DPS site for TX but would like to access NAMEus. Any suggestions? TIA
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Unidentified.asp

You don't have to register to use namus.
Go to Namus.gov. Click on the box next to the Unidentified Decedents icon (lower half of page.) On the next page, click Search tab on the upper part of the page, then click the second option that drops down, New Search.
And you're in.

Thanks for the help. Here is the case if anyone wants to look at it.Scroll down to
1986 Case # 85-19394
http://www.woodlandsonline.com/dbs/sheriff/files/File/COLDCASE.pdf
At the time of recovery of the body, someone said he could be very light hispanic. Checking the NY area considering he had the nick name listed here. Nothing so far. I won't tell ya how long I have been tying to solve this! ;)

Thanks for the help. Here is the case if anyone wants to look at it.Scroll down to
1986 Case # 85-19394
http://www.woodlandsonline.com/dbs/sheriff/files/File/COLDCASE.pdf
At the time of recovery of the body, someone said he could be very light hispanic. Checking the NY area considering he had the nick name listed here. Nothing so far. I won't tell ya how long I have been tying to solve this! ;)

I've had the same murder case on the back burner for 11 years...and some Does and missing I haven't completely stopped working on in almost 5 years.
believe me, it's nothing new around here.

I will keep your guy in mind when I search. :)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/84umtx.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/4239

Unidentified White Male
Located on August 3, 1986 in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas.
The victim is estimated to have died around July 30, 1986.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5-5'7"; 130-140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Collar length reddish brown hair. Small build. Left ear lobe pierced.
Clothing: He was wearing blue Levi's jeans, size 30 waist, 31 length, in good condition. A brown short sleeve sport shirt, double open type pockets, and squaretail. Label inside collar had M-SS, 8-0178-25, “Wilson” written on it. Men’s white heavy athletic type socks.
Tattoos: Tattoo on lower left arm of small devil with painted tail; tattoo upper left arm "Liz", poor quality design. Tattoo right arm "Baby Dawn" and flower type design, poor quality design.
Dentals: Available. Decaying teeth. Wisdom teeth #1, #16, & #32 were surgically removed (absent). Wisdom tooth #17 was present.

Case History
The victim was located in Crater Lake, on August 3, 1986. Several persons were at Crater Lake when they observed what appeared to be a body in the water. MCSO Deputies responded, along with the local fire department.
The body was removed from the lake utilizing a boat and it was discovered that the body had been weighted down with two cement cinder blocks that were attached to the body with an electrical cord.
An autopsy revealed that the unidentified male had died from multiple gunshot wounds. Possible street name of “New York Billy”.

Drawings of the tattoos included in DN and the cold case PDF, not in Namus.

Namus lists no exclusions.

From the same article

Police are asking for help identifying a body three decades after it was found floating with two concrete cinder blocks and an electrical cord attached to it in Conroe's Crater Lake.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office said the body was discovered Aug. 3, 1986, in Conroe. Investigators believe the man, who was white, about 30 and 5 feet 6, may have had the street name "New York Billy."

The body has multiple tattoos, including one that says "Liz" and another that says "Baby Dawn." An autopsy revealed the man died from several gunshot wounds.

The sheriff's office exhumed the remains in 2015 to collect more DNA.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/...r-man-found-floating-with-cement-12812238.php

Bringing forward his sketches from Namus and Doe Network:
84UMTX3_LARGE.jpg
84UMTX4_LARGE.jpg

84UMTX1_LARGE.jpg
84UMTX_LARGE.jpg
84UMTX2_LARGE.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/84umtx.html
https://identifyus.org/cases/4239

A bit about location - The Bodies of Crater Lake

214882a071488d3bdd6139119f4f9951.jpg

There are some places you just don’t go. Of course, there are forbidden places you’re not allowed to visit, areas too dangerous to traverse, or regions impossible to reach. There are some places that we are perfectly able to get to, but we would rather not. Whether it’s superstition, suspicion, or just plain spooky, there are some places that you just don’t go.

Crater Lake, right by Conroe, TX, is one such place. The lake was created by an oil well explosion back in 1933 but has taken on a new reputation over the years.

Since the 1970s body after body has been discovered in or around Crater Lake, leaving locals to fear the nearly 600-foot deep man-made lake.

Most recently, the burned and decaying body of Yvette King was discovered on Albert Moorhead Road. She had been killed in her home near Grangerland and her body later dumped by her own daughter Brandi King and associate Rocco Martin Masselle.

Almost a month before that, the body of Darcus Penrice had been discovered on Crater Hill Road, her body stabbed several times. No one has been arrested in connection with her death.

A year before, Justin Shane Pruitt was found in a dumpster off of Coon Massey Road, also stabbed several times. Three men had been arrested in connection with his murder.

Three years before that, Sandra Stotler was found in the lake itself, shot to death. Her killer, Michael James Perry, was put to death for her murder.

Those are just the recent ones. Another body had been discovered in 1986 and was never identified. The man was shot, weighted down with cinder blocks, and tossed into the lake.

Another young girl, Lisa Michelle Jackson, had apparently been found dead in a nearby field in 1979.

Why this lake? According to Montgomery County Sheriff Lt. Dan Norris, “It’s a secluded, very dark area that is not traveled a lot at night,” implying that the location makes for a perfect place to get rid of a body.

http://swordandscale.com/the-bodies-of-crater-lake/

Attachments

• leon moncer with texas UID.png
    leon moncer with texas UID.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 13
84UMTX - Unidentified Male
CDD0C68B-A589-4CB4-9ACB-7AD4D090E830.jpeg2F426152-5D33-4D40-B3D5-3DE911499FA4.jpeg
937F0C12-7C6A-4169-A1C4-E382C6D1000A.jpeg78B91331-27AC-4F87-A95C-7D378660A819.jpegF15B1469-A1FC-4B62-8A6B-6D99602C0C49.jpeg
Reconstructions of the victim; tattoo on right arm "Baby Dawn" and flower type design; tattoo on lower left arm of small devil; tattoo on upper left arm "Liz"

Date of Discovery: August 3, 1986
Location of Discovery: Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: On or around July 30, 1986
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'5" to 5'7"
Weight: 130-140 lbs.
Hair Color: Reddish-brown, shoulder-length
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Left earlobe pierced. Tattoo on lower left arm of small devil with painted tail; tattoo upper left arm "Liz", poor quality design. Tattoo right arm "Baby Dawn" and flower type design, poor quality design.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Decaying teeth. Wisdom teeth #1, #16, & #32 were surgically removed (absent). Wisdom tooth #17 was present.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: He was wearing blue Levi's jeans, size 30 waist, 31 length, in good condition. A brown short sleeve sport shirt, double open type pockets, and squaretail. Label inside collar had M-SS, 8-0178-25, “Wilson” written on it.
Jewelry: An earring (description unavailable)
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located in Crater Lake, on August 3, 1986. Several persons were at Crater Lake when they observed what appeared to be a body in the water. MCSO Deputies responded, along with the local fire department. The body was removed from the lake utilizing a boat and it was discovered that the body had been weighted down with two cement cinder blocks that were attached to the body with an electrical cord. An autopsy revealed that the unidentified male had died from multiple gunshot wounds. Possible street name of “New York Billy”.

His remains were exhumed in 2015 for DNA analysis and to create a reconstruction.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Montgomery County Forensic Services
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 936-538-3791
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: PA86-0277

Agency Name: Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Agency Phone Number: 936-760-5800
Agency Case Number: 86-19394

Agency Name: Harris County Medical Examiner
Agency Phone Number: 713-796-6827
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: TXDPS
Agency Phone Number: 512-424-5074
Agency Case Number: U8611003

NCIC Case Number: U222297322
NamUs Case Number: 4239

Information Source(s)
NamUs
TXDPS
Montgomery County Police Department

Admin Notes

Added: 7/22/00; Last Updated: 6/7/17

NamUs #UP4239

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 20-35
Estimated Year of Death: 1986
Measured Height: 5' 6" (66 inches)
Estimated Weight: 132 lbs
Missing Person Exclusions per NamUs:
MP15512 James Skelton 03/06/1986 Harris TX

New York Billy

I’m not certain on time frames and locations, but does this UID’s description and details remind anyone else of a “Bob Evans”/Terry Rasmussen?? Maybe not related, but it was the first thing I thought of.
Left earlobe pierced. Tattoo on lower left arm of small devil with painted tail; tattoo upper left arm "Liz", poor quality design. Tattoo right arm "Baby Dawn" and flower type design, poor quality design.

That is an odd coincidence. It can't be him though--he died in prison in California. Also looks nothing like him.
I didn’t mean it could be him! :D (Although I’m not sure anything would surprise me when it comes to him). Rather, could he have been one of his victims? If I’m not mistaken, there’s potentially another child whom could have been in the picture at some point...not “Lisa”, the middle daughter, or the ones already identified. It seems like I read somewhere (I think it may have been the woman from the California trailer park where Lisa was abandoned) mentioning something about Lisa having a younger sibling or babysitting for 2 children. This was during the time it would have been highly unlikely for it to have been Sarah, Marie, or his unidentified daughter. I was just thinking if he were to have ever been seen with another small child, and the child wasn’t his, maybe the child, its mother and father are dead somewhere. I’m guessing it’s known, just not to me, who Dawn’s biological father is? Mercy, :confused: I posted this so long ago :)p) I’ve forgotten my train of thought with it.

Hmmmm.

It would need to be somebody who knew "Liz" and baby Dawn before RE/TR started calling her Lisa, though. Liz's brother maybe? We don't know of any male victims of TR, but with what's been reported of his temper when he was drunk, I don't think he had a particular victim profile.

Hmmmm.

It would need to be somebody who knew "Liz" and baby Dawn before RE/TR started calling her Lisa, though. Liz's brother maybe? We don't know of any male victims of TR, but with what's been reported of his temper when he was drunk, I don't think he had a particular victim profile.
Brother! Quite possibly. I just can’t imagine that he never was around males. Whether they be old, young, close friends, acquaintances, or most especially relatives of his girlfriends. He must have interacted with them at some point. And like you said, with his temper, I can’t believe he never snapped with one of them. Now I’m more curious about the males he came into contact with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back