793 users online (132 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

MA - William Hurley, 24, Boston, 9 October 2009

I did a search and didn't find anything regarding this man.

William Hurley was talking to his girlfriend during intermission at a Bruins game trying to give her directions to pick him up but his phone was going dead. He asked a passerby what the address was and the fiance on the other end of the phone heard the answer and said she would be right there. Within a minute or two she arrived at the spot and William was gone. He has not been heard from since last Thursday and according to friends and family it is very uncommon for him to not be in contact.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/11/man-goes-missing-after-bruins-hockey-game/

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/64004302.html

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/10/12/girlfriend_of_missing_quincy_man_tries_to_stay_pos itive/
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Waaaaaah! You guys! But it's inteeereeesting! *whiny voice*

What happend to William?? He seemingly vanished in a very short amount of time.

http://wbztv.com/local/missing.man.b...2.1242216.html

His mother has arrived from NC to search for her son. Police are using boats to search the water and they are reviewing surveillance video.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Some of the article comments wonder about a connection to a body found at a recycling center in Hartford, Conn.

Weird he disappeared so quickly.

After reading the news stories about this case, it certainly doesn't seem like he disappeared by his own accord.

This story sounds similar to many of the Smiley Face cases. He appears to fit the profile of a Smiley Face victim. He was talking to his girlfriend one minute and then gone the next. Also, it was later in the evening and in a relatively busy area. I hope they find more information soon.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...stay_positive/
    http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/10/...ey-is-missing/
    Police reviewing nearby businesses security camera footage.

http://wbztv.com/local/missing.man.b...2.1242216.html
    Police searching with boats near Spaulding Rehab Hosp..
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

two things I don't uunderstand:

1. why was he leaving the game during intermission? most fans stay 'till the end, esp. when they've paid for tickets?

2. how is it that the g/f doesn't know where to pick him up or he doesn't know the addy w/o asking someone ... it's a landmark that you'd think everyone who lives there or who is a fan would know how to get to?

edit: ok, it appears this was after the game ended - I thought it was the intermission from the first post so n.m. about my first question

edit again! now another article says it was after the first intermission b/c he was tired & wanted to go early - how do several different versions of a story end up in newspapers like this? it's aggravating!
    Last edited by LadyL; 10-12-2009 at 07:30 PM. Reason: found more info

The next morning, Venti received a text message from Mahoney, alerting him that Hurley was missing.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...stay_positive/

if she knew they were at the game together, wouldn't that be the first person she would contact? seems odd ...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    two things I don't uunderstand:

1. why was he leaving the game during intermission? most fans stay 'till the end, esp. when they've paid for tickets?

2. how is it that the g/f doesn't know where to pick him up or he doesn't know the addy w/o asking someone ... it's a landmark that you'd think everyone who lives there or who is a fan would know how to get to?

edit: ok, it appears this was after the game ended - I thought it was the intermission from the first post so n.m. about my first question

edit again! now another article says it was after the first intermission b/c he was tired & wanted to go early - how do several different versions of a story end up in newspapers like this? it's aggravating!

The version I have seen the most often is that he was tired and left during intermission. He had worked all day and the tickets to the game were last minute. I don't think he was particulary a big fan - it was just something to do. I read that his friend got free tickets and invited him to come along so he did. That would explain why he didn't stay until the end and why he was not familar with the area. Boston is a pretty big city and it seems likely he wouldn't be familar with all the neighborhoods. I live in NYC, which is of course bigger but for the sake of an example, there are lots of neighborhoods especially downtown I am unfamilar with and definitely couldn't give someone driving directions. His parents live in North Carolina so he could be pretty new to the city. His g-friend offered to pick him up because he was tired ( according to the reports) but I have not seen it mentioned if he drove himself and left his car there or if his friend drove and that's why he didn't have a ride.

I looked for some updates this morning but so far nothing new.
    --Ghandi

This is really odd. Must have slipped into the water???

I read that he went to the game with his co workers after job ended. He got up at 4am, so was tired, decided to leave.
    He walked out front, called his girlfriend. She could not find him. He was on cell, asked someone the address, told her, she was there within minutes and he was not.
    Gary Haugen

Gary Haugen

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver View Post
    I read that he went to the game with his co workers after job ended. He got up at 4am, so was tired, decided to leave.
    He walked out front, called his girlfriend. She could not find him. He was on cell, asked someone the address, told her, she was there within minutes and he was not.

She apparently was already in the vicinity and was there within 2 minutes after getting off the phone with him. Apparently his cell phone was going dead (presumably because it needed to be charged?) and she was in a rush to get directions and get there before it died. If she is telling the truth about getting there within 2 minutes - where in the world did he go? And why? It seems unlikely he would get a ride from someone else since he knew she was on her way, only minutes away. Always the POI is the last person to see the missing or deceased so I am sure LE have questioned William's friend.

It does seem strange to me that the g-friend did not contact Will's friend until the day after he went missing. If my fiance went missing under those circumstances the first person I would contact would be the last person he was seen with to see if they knew anything. The more I think about it the more the g-friend and friend seem suspicious. She said she frantically looked for him around the area yet she failed to call his friend to see if maybe William went back inside? And then she merely sends him a text message the next day? Hinky.....and William's phone conveniently going dead is ummm, very conveniently. Hope LE checks those phone records to see if the calls were placed when g-friend claims they were.

I wonder if Williams friend and g-friend were seeing eachother behind his back.
    Last edited by gaia227; 10-13-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    --Ghandi

Comment from this Link regarding the area where William disappeared from. It sounds like LE shouldn't have any issues accessing surveillance tapes: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/10/...ey-is-missing/

Nashua Street jail is one Boston (Suffolk County) jail. It’s were pre-trial are housed. The craigslist killer is housed there. Location is behind the TD BankNorth Garden and North Station, which is a main commuter rail terminal for to/from the north/northern suburbs. It is a very busy area, but that particular spot is kind of isolated because it’s surrounded by the garden/north station, a hospital, elevated road/bridge, and water; there’s water all around, mostly the Charles River Basin, which feeds into Boston Harbor/Atlantic Ocean. The spot listed is a large parking lot surrounded by everything I just described. There are many cctv cameras in this area because of all the commercial,transportation buildings. It has several subway lines in addition to northern commuter rail.
    Mr. Hurley lived south of downtown Boston, in the City of Quincy, which borders Boston. It’s a coastal city, with popular beaches, located around 10 miles south of downtown where he was last seen. If he hopped a subway home he’d have to get on an Orange Line train at North Station, get off at Downtown Crossing and switch to a southbound Red Line train. This was a busy time of day in addition to there being many cctv cameras. He’d show up on multiple cameras without a doubt. He also within very easy access to Logan Airport (about 4 miles away).
    Floating bodies are not un-common in the Charles River Basin. Boston Police searched with boats today.
    --Ghandi

Mother Pleads For Help In Search For Son

Man Disappeared After Attending Bruins Game

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...22/detail.html

Photos: Boats Search For Missing Man

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    very strange one! I hope he is found soon...

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast