Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Check Fraud case information

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    If so, there goes the rest of my sanity!
    I'm with you! As it is I'm about to be eating checkers and counting macaroni, in that order!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cloud9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    News "sources" are making me . They write the trials aren't going to happen. Then report: "the fraud is delayed but the pre-trial status will happen." Then the Judge hasn't postponed the Fraud Case BUT it will happen OR won't happen.

I like the good old days of a real hard copy of a newspaper without "sources".
    So true ...... quality control is out the window when it costs so little to publish electronically and you can go back 5 minutes later and correct or update.

Requires more validation when it is going to go into print ..... standards went south.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mydailyopinions View Post
    If so, there goes the rest of my sanity!
    I lost mine trying to listen to A testimony.... especially CA
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    I lost mine trying to listen to A testimony.... especially CA
    Add to that, the 12/11 hearing... AL!
    Last edited by cloud9; 01-18-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: messed up

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    And did we not all get the impression at the December 11th hearing that the judge wanted this fraud trial out of the way and was willing to give her time served? So what purpose will it serve to move the fraud trial when OBVIOUSLY the media will be moving with the trial with the same exposure for a trial that will last one or two days. My guess, Judge is not going to be too happy at this hearing. Any normal defense attorney would have taken the judge up on his offer.
    Yes!
    AND, it was also decided at that hearing that DC would be depo'd or interviewed! What happened to that?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cloud9 For This Useful Post:

I thought AL was the death qualified attorney on the case?? Is that old footage or something??

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    This is unbelievable!

Per this article, the defense hasn't interviewed Amy H. yet, under oath. Ummmm...the trial was scheduled for next week, and Baez hasn't even interviewed Amy yet? What the freak has he been doing?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4803524.story
    He did this purposely, so he can ask for a delay, IMO. It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps pulling these types of "strategies" so he can ask for delays over and over.

Wow, this seriously sux. I could not wait to finally hear her pronounced "guilty" for something!
    One thing we do know this is this. If we have gotten to this stage, those same jurors have already decided that the face that Caylee Anthony saw in those final moments of her life was her mother`s face. - Assistant State's Attorney Jeffrey Ashton, December 11, 2009

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to autumnlover For This Useful Post:

>>This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.
    The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.<<

Just on WFTV - http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    >>This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.
    The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.<<

Just on WFTV - http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html
    This is beginning to look like an "Abbott and Costello" skit!
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

This is beginning to look like an "Abbott and Costello" skit!
    I was thinking 3 stooges.

WFTV does seem to clarify the situation a little bit, at least.

I too am wondering why Baez STILL has not deposed Amy. WTF is wrong with that guy?

Yeah, I know, it's a rhetorical question. heh

19. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Update fromWFTV!
    Now which article do we believe!!

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing Delayed
    Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010
    Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010
    <snipped>
    This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.

In this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case goes to trial.

Article:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/22266893/detail.html

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    I saw this coming a mile away.
    So did I. If you think it's frustrating because the fraud case was postponed, wait until the date for the murder trial is postponed, not once, but possibly twice. It's sure to happen.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to magnolia For This Useful Post:

Checking the court calendar on Tuesday will give us all the FACTS regarding what is what. Right now the court calendar shows both cases with the original dates.
    Last edited by Patty G; 01-18-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added more

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Checking the court calendar on Tuesday will give us all the FACTS regarding what is what. Right now the court calendar shows both cases with the original dates.
    I looked at the calendar a week or two ago and it said the 1/21 hearing was cancelled, but what I saw has been removed since then. Odd.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Muzikman For This Useful Post:

To me, this looks like either (1) a plea deal on the check fraud case or (2) an agreement to consolidate the two cases. Whoever leaked the "check fraud trial not happening next week" info must think they know what the judge will do when the court is open again tomorrow, and if the defense was merely requesting a postponement they wouldn't have that level of confidence. I think it's something that they believe the judge will almost certainly approve.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    I looked at the calendar a week or two ago and it said the 1/21 hearing was cancelled, but what I saw has been removed since then. Odd.
    I checked on Jan 13th and both were scheduled.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

I think CFNEWS13 are just forecasting the inevitable to get ahead of the rest of the media.

At the motion hearing, Dec 11 Judge S stated he was calling the first batch of jury candidates the next week and the Check Fraud trial would proceed as planned.

Reality is/was we headed into a Holiday period and the Defense dragged its feet on the AH depo and the court did not address the outstanding Check Fraud motions --- and so the Defense knew this wasn't going to happen.

I can see more delays and the Check Fraud trial might occur in July 2010 with the Murder trial not even close until July 2011 or later.

The Defense is going to drag their feet because the Check Fraud is expected to go before the Murder trial and the more it slips the more time it buys them.

Per RH ... I do see the Check Fraud being a slow plea, they will seek a plea deal but they won't rush into it since, as stated, this is buying them time and cover. KC might even plea out on the Murder trial but only if/when they have exhausted every other opportunity and need to preclude DP (although she will get Life).

Nothing is going to happen anytime soon IMHO and we are going to see delay, delay, delay and ruse, ruse, ruse to re-level the playing field.

It will be a long and gruelling war before any side concedes anything.
    I agree with you on the dates. I don't expect to see a Jury seated for the Murder trial until 2011.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to magnolia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    To me, this looks like either (1) a plea deal on the check fraud case or (2) an agreement to consolidate the two cases. Whoever leaked the "check fraud trial not happening next week" info must think they know what the judge will do when the court is open again tomorrow, and if the defense was merely requesting a postponement they wouldn't have that level of confidence. I think it's something that they believe the judge will almost certainly approve.
    If #2 then did JB take the advice of RH and, if so, is that why his blog is completely erased? 1 + 1 = ??

Justice for Caylee

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

If #2 then did JB take the advice of RH and, if so, is that why his blog is completely erased? 1 + 1 = ??
    If JB took the advice of RH, I would expect RH to be posting a "see I told you so" entry, not deleting his blog!

It was good advice, though....

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mitzi View Post
    Yeah, no wonder AL wasn't worried about getting to Florida in time.
    This just reminded me of when she asked Judge how he was doing ( recent hearing ) he answered, "I'm just sittin' on a rainbow". I think he is very polite when frustrated!
    Last edited by The World According; 01-18-2010 at 09:45 PM.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tulessa View Post
    what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

At this rate none of us will have to worry about getting time off work as we'll all be retirees!

Room for one more in that corner?

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SallyLu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by affinity View Post
    Much as I wish I could see KC clink-clank to her seat at the defense table again I am not in the least surprised at this turn of events. Come on, savvy trial watchers..you knew this would pan out this way, didn't you? AND--here is the sad fact...My money is on the clear odds that there won't be a murder trial either! Seriously, Andrea L will get KC to understand and plead to it and the state will remove the death penalty. Miss Muffett will become the new Diane Downs, locked up forever, getting old and craggy-looking and forgotten. There might be a feeble book attempt here and there..("Defending the most hated woman in America, by Jose Baez" available at WalMart hardbound 7.99) and this huge WS board will move to the archives, joining Scott Peterson and Jon Benet Ramsey in "yesteryear". That will be that. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but come on, you know my scenario is very very likely!
    ...with one exception...we'll long remember beautiful Caylee.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Casey Anthony: What’s happening next? Good question
    Caylee and Casey Anthony, Central Florida News 13, Orlando Sentinel, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on January, 18 2010 5:33 PM
    <snipped>
    WFTV-Channel 9 reported that a status hearing in her murder trial had been delayed to Monday. That is the day her check-fraud trial is supposed to start.

Article:
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ner&utm_medium

Last edited by JBean; 01-18-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: copyright violation post only 10% please
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Angel Who Cares For This Useful Post:

Could it have anything to do with the fact that Ms Lyons has a book signing scheduled at Barnes and Noble in Chicago the evening before. (Jan 20th 6pm) and a trial might be a tad inconvenient for her?

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast