Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2009.10.12 Defense's Motions In Limine-Preclude Murder Case Evidence, Prior Bad Acts

2009.10.12 Defense's Motions In Limine-Preclude Murder Case Evidence, Prior Bad Acts

More motions filed today by the defense for the Fraud Trial. Notice Baez forgetting more dates and sigs. He sure knows how to pay attention to detail!

Defendant's Motion In Limine To Preclude The Introduction Of Any Evidence Relating To Miss Anthony's Murder Case (Includes Table Of Exhibits and Memorandum Of Law in Support, 15 pages)
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...oc_id=13098974

Motion In Limine To Exclude Evidence Of Alleged Prior Bad Acts (Includes Table Of Exhibits, Memorandum Of Law in Support, 13 pages)
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document...oc_id=13099942

I'm sure somebody will ask this question... What is "Motion In Limine"?
    Answer:
    A motion made before a trial begins, asking the court to decide whether particular evidence will be admissible. A motion in limine is most often made to exclude evidence by a party who believes that evidence would prejudice the jury against him or her. For example, a defendant in a criminal trial might make a motion in limine to exclude evidence of previous crimes.
    http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/motio...mine-term.html

Last edited by Muzikman; 10-12-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: spacing

Thanks muzikman

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Heck, while the defense is at it, why not just proclaim her the Virgin Queen of "Truthiness"..........

AL isn't too good at dating stuff either...lack of attention to detail must be catchy!
    A Mother's love is a lifelong commitment
    to selflessness

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting this, and I'm glad it's at docstoc because sometimes PDFs cause my laptop to freeze.

I understand that some parts of the murder may not be relevant to the fraud trial, but shouldn't the judge decide what's relevant if and when any of the murder evidence is presented at the fraud trial?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marigold For This Useful Post:

How are they going to do this if KC "allegedly" committed the crime that she is standing trial for (the forged checks), after the commission of murdering her daughter? It's like not mentioning the "pink elephant" in the room!
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to HOTNTX For This Useful Post:

I'm confused what does this mean?

Page 2, Paragraph 1 -Motion In Limine To Exclude Evidence Of Alleged Prior Bad Acts

"The only purpose of evidence of these, and potentially other, alleged prior bad acts of Miss Anthony is to attempt to show Ms. Anthony had the propensity to not properly supervise it's students"

WHAT?????????? Is this a joke or am I missing something?
    Last edited by MD MOMMY; 10-12-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    to selflessness

Quote Originally Posted by MD MOMMY View Post

Page 2, Paragraph 1 -Motion In Limine To Exclude Evidence Of Alleged Prior Bad Acts

"The only purpose of evidence of these, and potentially other, alleged prior bad acts of Miss Anthony is to attempt to show Ms. Anthony had the propensity to not properly supervise it's students"

Good gracious, we were reading at the same time and came to the same conclusion. WHAT?????? the heck is JB attempting to say ............ then I thought, hummmm propensity is such a big word for JB to use. Does he NOT know what the word means????

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by countzero View Post
    Good gracious, we were reading at the same time and came to the same conclusion. WHAT?????? the heck is JB attempting to say ............ then I thought, hummmm propensity is such a big word for JB to use. Does he NOT know what the word means????
    Here I was thinking he got confused which case he was defending and meant to put " propensity to not properly supervise HER daughter"..lol that is just my opinion of course
    to selflessness

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

Here I was thinking he got confused which case he was defending and meant to put " propensity to not properly supervise HER daughter"..lol that is just my opinion of course
    Again, we were thinking the same thing, lol. Reading the COV I had to check to see if I was reading about the murder trial. The man definitely needs not only to use spellchecker but to proof read again, and again the specific motion he is rambling on. Ugh ..........

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Maybe it was Andrea Lyons that said "propensity to not properly supervise it's students"! LOL LOL Hmm.....she IS the professor right?
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere!" MLK, Jr.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Trapshooter For This Useful Post:

Well heck, maybe ALyons wrote in her retainer with KC that she was paid by the written word where JB is being paid by the "mileage" of exposure in the media.

21. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to countzero For This Useful Post:

Forget first year law students. This hot mess looks like first week law students could have written better. I really would love to know who is funding this mockery of the justice system and it's grade Z defense team.

Actually, let them continue on this route....it'll GUARANTEE KC will get the DP!
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HOTNTX For This Useful Post:

All I can say is how embarassing is that? It's not a word spelled incorrectly, it's an incoherent sentence...OUCH.
    to selflessness

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by countzero View Post
    Well heck, maybe ALyons wrote in her retainer with KC that she was paid by the written word where JB is being paid by the "mileage" of exposure in the media.
    OMG...I almost posted the same thought earlier. Paid by the word....would explain quite a bit.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

I know exactly what happened here. They had a motion in limine from another case, a civil case in which there is a plaintiff. They used it in this case and cut and pasted to get it to fit the facts of this case, although they didn't do a good job because they left things in from the other case (supervising students). I've seen this happen a million times. Notice that the beginning of the motion refers to the "Plaintiffs" NOT the State. Yep, that's what they did allright.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSleuth View Post
    I know exactly what happened here. They had a motion in limine from another case, a civil case in which there is a plaintiff. They used it in this case and cut and pasted to get it to fit the facts of this case, although they didn't do a good job because they left things in from the other case (supervising students). I've seen this happen a million times. Notice that the beginning of the motion refers to the "Plaintiffs" NOT the State. Yep, that's what they did allright.

That's my guess, too!

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zoomom For This Useful Post:

I am so embarrassed for them and I don't even like them, but still that is sooooo embarrassing.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:

Either that or they have software that places certain legal terminology together, based on what they have typed previously. Either way it makes them look nothing less than stupid LOL.
    to selflessness

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    I can't understand how JB can say that the fraud case is completely unrelated to the murder case when KC herself told LE that she would "lie, steal, cheat", etc. to find her daughter.... and the other thing... in one of the jails videos when her parents visited her, did KC not say something to the effect that she needed that money she stole in order to hunt for Caylee???? If both of these things are true, how can the defense claim the cases are not related?
    Last edited by Snaz; 10-13-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Correct typo....
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    I can't understand how JB can say that the fraud case is completely unrelated to the murder case when KC herself told LE that she would "lie, steal, cheat", etc. to find her daughter.... and the other thing... in one of the jails videos when her parents visited her, did KC not say something to the effect that she needed that money she told in order to hunt for Caylee???? If both of these things are true, how can the defense claim the cases are not related?
    To convict her of the check fraud charges, the state doesn't need to bring up the murder charges at all. They have her on tape signing her name to Amy's checks. Now on the other hand, I do hope the check fraud can be brought into evidence at the murder trial for the reasons you stated above and the fact that KC stole that money and didn't use it to look for Caylee at all.

37. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dear Prudence For This Useful Post:

Back in the olden days we used to call it "boiler plating." Using one document as a stereotype so you could bubble several others out of the same format. Seems in the olden days it worked a little better.
    The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:

Snaz is offline "Heavens to Habeas Corpus" ~ Legal Eagle Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dear Prudence View Post
    To convict her of the check fraud charges, the state doesn't need to bring up the murder charges at all. They have her on tape signing her name to Amy's checks. Now on the other hand, I do hope the check fraud can be brought into evidence at the murder trial for the reasons you stated above and the fact that KC stole that money and didn't use it to look for Caylee at all.
    I wasn't actually suggesting that they bring up the murder charges... but shouldn't they be able to use the video when she is discussing why she needed to steal Amy's money?? At the very least??
    "Judge, Mr, Ashton is laughing at me..... " ~ Jose Baez, Closing Argument 7/3/11 (Paraphrased, of course!)

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    I can't understand how JB can say that the fraud case is completely unrelated to the murder case when KC herself told LE that she would "lie, steal, cheat", etc. to find her daughter.... and the other thing... in one of the jails videos when her parents visited her, did KC not say something to the effect that she needed that money she told in order to hunt for Caylee???? If both of these things are true, how can the defense claim the cases are not related?
    Good job linking that together, it's something I did not think of. She also tells her mom to tell Amy "sorry" in the video..lol. It's kind of like getting into an auto accident and jumping out saying "are you okay, I'm so sorry" it's admitting fault. KC is toast IMO.
    to selflessness

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MD MOMMY For This Useful Post:

In my own little corner in my own little chair
    I'm wondering if when they ask for a chance to respond to the prosecution's objection to these motions "in writing" is so that AL can write the response instead of JB arguing it in court because AL won't be present in court that day? Seems to me that AL doesn't have a whole lot of faith in JB's abilities.
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~

My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.
    People who are intimidated by you talk bad about you with hopes that others won't find you so appealing

45. The Following User Says Thank You to john's mom For This Useful Post:

lin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast