GUILTY FL - Michael Brewer, 15, set ablaze by classmates, Deerfield Beach, 12 Oct 2009

MeoW333

Reaction score
I had heard about this from another member on here in a different post, however i couldn't find a post for it, so just let me know if it's up already

This is horrible:
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/juice/2009/10/attackers_torch_deerfield_beac.php

"Horrific story coming out of Deerfield Beach. The Broward Sheriff's Office is reporting that a 15-year-old boy named Michael Brewer was attacked at a pool within an apartment complex, then deliberately burned."

Some of our young people are seriously disturbed!:furious:

He was set on fire over a stolen bicycle. Some other boys tried to steal his bike, and he called police.
He ditched school since he was very afraid to go, and the 3 boys found him at a friend's apartment. I wonder how these little devils found out he would be at the "friend's" apartment. He would be too scared to tell them and i wouldn't think he'd announce to people where he was going, if he was too afraid to even go to school.
I'm wondering if he was followed or his "friend" whose apartment he was at isn't really a friend and told others he would be there?

I am sickened by this - it just gets worse and worse. I hope he has a complete and uneventful recovery.

More links on this story:
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Teen-Dowsed-Burned-Over-Bike-64047032.html

"But the motive might be just as enraging. Family members of 15-year-old Michael Brewer claim the boy was targeted by other teens who tried to steal his custom bicycle"

------------
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/sfl-set-on-fire-bn101209,0,7529916.story

"Late Monday night, the Sheriff's Office said three juveniles were arrested in the case. Their names and ages were not released"

The boy's clothes were burned off his body and lay in the yard where he tried to stop, drop and roll the flames off. Brewer suffered severe burns on 75 percent of his body and police found him sitting in a lawn chair near the pool he had jumped in.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Teen-Dowsed-Burned-Over-Bike-64047032.html

This poor boy my heart is aching for him. What is going in our country? We have parents and their Bf's killing children, and children killing and torchering each other.

What a good looking kid. My heart breaks for him and his family. And may justice be harsh and swift for the 's that did this to him. I am losing hope in our youth more and more with each story that comes out like this.

Oh my god, what is wrong with people? This poor kid! I can't even imagine the horror he went through. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery and can get back to a normal life.

Having had personal experience with watching someone recover from severe burns, my heart just goes out to this young man. It is estimated that he will be in the hospital for five months, and they will be five very painful months. Debriding, or scrapping the burns, will have to be done for a long time. Then he'll probably have to endure skin grafts. All because some idiots wanted that bike. It is a nice bike, but dear god, it wasn't worth trying to burn this kid alive!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/13/florida.teen.burned/index.html

Michael Brewer suffered second-degree burns over 80 percent of his body. "He's in for a long, long recovery," Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti told reporters.
Three juveniles were arrested Monday night, hours after the incident, and two others were arrested Tuesday, sheriff's Sgt. Steve Feeley said.

They set fire to this kid because he told on them for stealing his dad's bike.

They had to put Michael Brewer into a medical coma since it was so severe, it is horrifying to think what is happening with some of our youth!

I don't agree with Wendy Murphy all the time but she was on JVM and I do agree with her on this case.

She said the problem with these teenagers who maim and murder is that society wants to pat them on their heads and make excuses for them when they are cold, vicious and dangerous to our children and adults.

They were talking about the alarming rate teenage violence is climbing.

God bless this boy. He is going to have such a long journey to healing and I pray he will not be so disfigured that it forever changes his life.

imo

This is particularly sick. Some of the perpetrators were actually laughing about this. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/13/florida.teen.burned/index.html
These teens are really disgusting. For the safety of society, I hope they are put away for a long, long time. They are very dangerous and at this stage in their life, I don't hold out much hope for rehabilitation. This was an act of torture and attempted murder.

This article states that 5 juveniles have been arrested. Their names are in this article. 5 !

ETA: I also love this comment by an anonymous poster:

"Since the victim has lost his childhood to these b*****ds, I hope the 5 responsible are tried as adults. This is a heinous crime and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Brewer and his family."

As a child I was in a pediatric ward with several other kids with differing problems. One was a little girl that had tried to fix breakfast for her parents by standing on a chair (in her gown) by the stove. Her gown caught on fire and she was horribly burned from her neck down. I can still close my eyes and see her face and hear her screams after surgery. I only wish these five monsters could endure just some of the pain this young man is going to go through...for a long time.

Upon hearing this story, no words could adequately describe my horror over this story, nor my pity for this boy. I didn't think it could get any worse, until I listened to the 911 call yesterday.

To hear LE say the sadistic beasts laughed about it, just... Sweet heavens, where is humanity...

We can only dream of justice for the unspeakable pain and mental anguish he has and will forever endure at the hands of these young psychopaths, because there will be none in reality.

This is a sickening incident. Are there children who never have consciences? How could they do this to another human being? Were they so idiotic they didn't realize this child's life would NEVER be the same.

Do violet movies and TV programs contribute to things like this? I wonder.....

It is so cruel it is just hard for me to comprehend human beings doing this to another human.

they released the 911 tape but pleaseee beware before clicking and hearing it. IT IS VERY hard to listen to and you can hear him yelling out in pain. do not listen and then blame me for hearing it.

I hope these five Teens get life in prision and never get out again I can not get over what I heard on that 911 tape. I wish I could unlisten. This is your warning if you decide to listen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,567645,00.html?test=latestnews

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. — A teen who police say was set ablaze by five other boys screamed in agony as a breathless 911 caller pleaded for help because "a little boy just caught on fire," according to a recording released Friday.

Oh god, I don't even know what to say.

They basically killed him.....because during his recovery he will have times where he wishes he was dead. And then to have the disfigurement to deal with it after the physical pain. It is the cruelty in this that just leaves me speechless. Over 40 bucks and a bike....that poor boy and his family. This is so heartbreaking.

Seriously sick.

oceanblueeyes, we as a society still consider teens kids (even though many of our grandparents and great grandparents were married and working at 16 and took on responsibility). It's hard to imagine a kid doing some cruel and depraved. But at the end of the day, they do these acts and we have to do something about it. It's out of control.

Prosecutors are reviewing hours of recorded statements and other evidence before they reach a final decision on what formal charges to file in connection with the Oct. 12 attack.

The youngest of the five teenagers accused of surrounding their Deerfield Beach schoolmate last week and setting him on fire cannot legally be tried as an adult, the lead prosecutor on the case said Friday.

The defendants are scheduled to appear in court again on Nov. 2. Until then, they are being held in a juvenile detention facility.

Some good news
Brewer's family said Saturday that the burned teen is making progress. Some of the swelling he had been experiencing has gone down, some of his hair is growing back and he's responding to family members being at his bedside, said the teen's great-aunt Patti Gendron.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/broward/deerfield/sfl-burned-boy-juvenile-bn102309,0,3663259.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back