Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Upon hearing this story, no words could adequately describe my horror over this story, nor my pity for this boy. I didn't think it could get any worse, until I listened to the 911 call yesterday.

To hear LE say the sadistic beasts laughed about it, just... Sweet heavens, where is humanity...

We can only dream of justice for the unspeakable pain and mental anguish he has and will forever endure at the hands of these young psychopaths, because there will be none in reality.
    Always JMO, FWIW, YMMV...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muffet For This Useful Post:

This is a sickening incident. Are there children who never have consciences? How could they do this to another human being? Were they so idiotic they didn't realize this child's life would NEVER be the same.

Do violet movies and TV programs contribute to things like this? I wonder.....

It is so cruel it is just hard for me to comprehend human beings doing this to another human.
    YellowDog

These are my opinions only and should not be misconstrued as factual.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YellowDog For This Useful Post:

they released the 911 tape but pleaseee beware before clicking and hearing it. IT IS VERY hard to listen to and you can hear him yelling out in pain. do not listen and then blame me for hearing it.

I hope these five Teens get life in prision and never get out again I can not get over what I heard on that 911 tape. I wish I could unlisten. This is your warning if you decide to listen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. A teen who police say was set ablaze by five other boys screamed in agony as a breathless 911 caller pleaded for help because "a little boy just caught on fire," according to a recording released Friday.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 6angels For This Useful Post:

Oh god, I don't even know what to say.

They basically killed him.....because during his recovery he will have times where he wishes he was dead. And then to have the disfigurement to deal with it after the physical pain. It is the cruelty in this that just leaves me speechless. Over 40 bucks and a bike....that poor boy and his family. This is so heartbreaking.
    [/I]

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysterygirl For This Useful Post:

Seriously sick.

oceanblueeyes, we as a society still consider teens kids (even though many of our grandparents and great grandparents were married and working at 16 and took on responsibility). It's hard to imagine a kid doing some cruel and depraved. But at the end of the day, they do these acts and we have to do something about it. It's out of control.

Prosecutors are reviewing hours of recorded statements and other evidence before they reach a final decision on what formal charges to file in connection with the Oct. 12 attack.
    The youngest of the five teenagers accused of surrounding their Deerfield Beach schoolmate last week and setting him on fire cannot legally be tried as an adult, the lead prosecutor on the case said Friday.
    The defendants are scheduled to appear in court again on Nov. 2. Until then, they are being held in a juvenile detention facility.
    Some good news
    Brewer's family said Saturday that the burned teen is making progress. Some of the swelling he had been experiencing has gone down, some of his hair is growing back and he's responding to family members being at his bedside, said the teen's great-aunt Patti Gendron.
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,3663259.story

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mae For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
    they released the 911 tape but pleaseee beware before clicking and hearing it. IT IS VERY hard to listen to and you can hear him yelling out in pain. do not listen and then blame me for hearing it.

I hope these five Teens get life in prision and never get out again I can not get over what I heard on that 911 tape. I wish I could unlisten. This is your warning if you decide to listen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. A teen who police say was set ablaze by five other boys screamed in agony as a breathless 911 caller pleaded for help because "a little boy just caught on fire," according to a recording released Friday.
    Oh God! That is so sad. That poor boy.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Recovering-Lurker For This Useful Post:

Update on the victim's condition. This is such a sad story. It's hard to read what he and his family are going through. Apparently, with such a terrible injury, it will be day by day for quite some time. This poor kid has a long, tough road ahead of him.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/02/...ery/index.html
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:

Some names are being released of the boys who did this horrible deed:

Jesus Mendez
    Matthew Aaron Bent
    Colorado Jarvis
    Jeremy Jarvis
    Steven Shelton

http://www.miamiherald.com/467/story/1283512.html

You can see photos of them in court here:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...icleid=1205179

More photos:
    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/sfl...6.photogallery
    Some of them look pretty nasty for being only 15 years old

With Florida sunshine laws we should be able to get some more details, such as arrest reports, witness statements, etc.
    Last edited by Gene; 11-03-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added more photos

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gene For This Useful Post:

Those culprits have all got the same empty stare.
    How dare they smile and try to look "hard"
    I hope they get the full force of the law

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Some names are being released of the boys who did this horrible deed:

Jesus Mendez
    Matthew Aaron Bent
    Colorado Jarvis
    Jeremy Jarvis
    Steven Shelton

http://www.miamiherald.com/467/story/1283512.html

You can see photos of them in court here:
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...icleid=1205179

More photos:
    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/sfl...6.photogallery
    Some of them look pretty nasty for being only 15 years old

With Florida sunshine laws we should be able to get some more details, such as arrest reports, witness statements, etc.
    Those Jarvis brothers look the meanest. IMO, they should all receive the same charges. Every each one of them could have tried to stop the others, yet they just joined in. Mob mentality is no excuse.
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

OMG. My heart is aching for him.

I made the mistake, even after being warned, of listening to the 911 call. The agony of this poor baby's screams... I am a mother, and my heart is just breaking.

The article said years of skin grafts, surgeries, possibility of organ failure for a case this severe...

I just cannot fathom how or why or what could possess five teens to do this- pour rubbing alcohol on a living, breathing person, and set him on fire?

I know it was only a matter of minutes, but it seemed to take years for the EMTs to get there.

May God bless the woman who called 911, and stayed with this young man. This was a horrifying experience for her, as well.

May God bless this boy, wrap him in comfort, love and faith that he will get through this.

I hope these cruel, heartless teens are tried as adults, and suffer through not only long prison sentences, but a heavy dose of conscience and full understanding at the horror their actions caused that day. May they never, ever be allowed to forget.
    Last edited by smart blonde; 11-03-2009 at 07:54 AM.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

I just read that the teens were laughing, after they set Michael on fire.

The older Jarvis brother's photo took my breath away. He looks evil, soul-less.
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smart blonde For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure if it would help, depends on how hardened these monsters are, but I think they should all have to spend a week or more at the burn unit. Volunteering, listening to the patients cry out. I also would like to see the parents have to do the same thing. Not many children are born evil. They're taught evil.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post

They were laughing about it in jail, too. They need to be locked away for a good long time to give them a chance to think about what they did.
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

28. The Following User Says Thank You to MeoW333 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post

The older Jarvis brother is actually named Denver Colorado Jarvis. I know that odd names are becoming so common that they are almost not odd anymore. And I know it is no excuse for what he did. But I do imagine it must have been a bit more difficult than normal to be raised with such a strange name. Who would name their kid after a city? A mile high city nonetheless.

I take it back...he is named after his father who has the same name...hmmm
    Last edited by Gene; 11-03-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast