842 users online (150 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

FL - Michael Brewer, 15, set ablaze by classmates, Deerfield Beach, 12 Oct 2009

I had heard about this from another member on here in a different post, however i couldn't find a post for it, so just let me know if it's up already

This is horrible:
    http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/ju...field_beac.php

"Horrific story coming out of Deerfield Beach. The Broward Sheriff's Office is reporting that a 15-year-old boy named Michael Brewer was attacked at a pool within an apartment complex, then deliberately burned."

Some of our young people are seriously disturbed!
    "The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."

-J. Edgar Hoover

He was set on fire over a stolen bicycle. Some other boys tried to steal his bike, and he called police.
    He ditched school since he was very afraid to go, and the 3 boys found him at a friend's apartment. I wonder how these little devils found out he would be at the "friend's" apartment. He would be too scared to tell them and i wouldn't think he'd announce to people where he was going, if he was too afraid to even go to school.
    I'm wondering if he was followed or his "friend" whose apartment he was at isn't really a friend and told others he would be there?

-J. Edgar Hoover

I am sickened by this - it just gets worse and worse. I hope he has a complete and uneventful recovery.

More links on this story:
    http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...-64047032.html

"But the motive might be just as enraging. Family members of 15-year-old Michael Brewer claim the boy was targeted by other teens who tried to steal his custom bicycle"

------------
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/bro...,7529916.story

"Late Monday night, the Sheriff's Office said three juveniles were arrested in the case. Their names and ages were not released"

-J. Edgar Hoover

jnTexas is offline Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
    The boy's clothes were burned off his body and lay in the yard where he tried to stop, drop and roll the flames off. Brewer suffered severe burns on 75 percent of his body and police found him sitting in a lawn chair near the pool he had jumped in.

This poor boy my heart is aching for him. What is going in our country? We have parents and their Bf's killing children, and children killing and torchering each other.

What a good looking kid. My heart breaks for him and his family. And may justice be harsh and swift for the POS's that did this to him. I am losing hope in our youth more and more with each story that comes out like this.

Oh my god, what is wrong with people? This poor kid! I can't even imagine the horror he went through. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery and can get back to a normal life.

Having had personal experience with watching someone recover from severe burns, my heart just goes out to this young man. It is estimated that he will be in the hospital for five months, and they will be five very painful months. Debriding, or scrapping the burns, will have to be done for a long time. Then he'll probably have to endure skin grafts. All because some idiots wanted that bike. It is a nice bike, but dear god, it wasn't worth trying to burn this kid alive!

Juveniles laughed after setting 15-year-old on fire

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/13/...ned/index.html

Michael Brewer suffered second-degree burns over 80 percent of his body. "He's in for a long, long recovery," Broward County Sheriff Al Lamberti told reporters.
    Three juveniles were arrested Monday night, hours after the incident, and two others were arrested Tuesday, sheriff's Sgt. Steve Feeley said.
    They set fire to this kid because he told on them for stealing his dad's bike.
    ~Ro~

They had to put Michael Brewer into a medical coma since it was so severe, it is horrifying to think what is happening with some of our youth!

-J. Edgar Hoover

Oops! Repost. Can someone merge? =(
    ~Ro~

I don't agree with Wendy Murphy all the time but she was on JVM and I do agree with her on this case.

She said the problem with these teenagers who maim and murder is that society wants to pat them on their heads and make excuses for them when they are cold, vicious and dangerous to our children and adults.

They were talking about the alarming rate teenage violence is climbing.

God bless this boy. He is going to have such a long journey to healing and I pray he will not be so disfigured that it forever changes his life.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

This is particularly sick. Some of the perpetrators were actually laughing about this. http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/13/...ned/index.html
    These teens are really disgusting. For the safety of society, I hope they are put away for a long, long time. They are very dangerous and at this stage in their life, I don't hold out much hope for rehabilitation. This was an act of torture and attempted murder.
    Last edited by gitana1; 10-13-2009 at 11:43 PM.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

This article states that 5 juveniles have been arrested. Their names are in this article. 5 POS!

ETA: I also love this comment by an anonymous poster:

"Since the victim has lost his childhood to these b*****ds, I hope the 5 responsible are tried as adults. This is a heinous crime and they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Brewer and his family."
    Last edited by 4Kat; 10-14-2009 at 12:34 AM.

As a child I was in a pediatric ward with several other kids with differing problems. One was a little girl that had tried to fix breakfast for her parents by standing on a chair (in her gown) by the stove. Her gown caught on fire and she was horribly burned from her neck down. I can still close my eyes and see her face and hear her screams after surgery. I only wish these five monsters could endure just some of the pain this young man is going to go through...for a long time.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast