1111 users online (214 members and 897 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07

Doe Network:
    Hot Case 1024

Unidentifed White Female

The victim was discovered on February 6, 2007 in Sarasota, Sarasota County, Florida
    State of Remains: Partially skeletonized

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-45 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'7" (66" est); 145 - 165 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, reddish brown hair, pulled back into a ponytail; unknown eye color.
    Clothing: Multicolored cotton pullover shirt with an Italian label, light-colored "Spice Wear" skirt, dark colored thong-style underpants, leather string belt, two pair of socks one turquoise or blue/green the other white.
    Other: The victim had saline breast implants, Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Style 1600, manufactured in 1998. Implants are generally used in the year they are manufactured.
    Skeletal Findings: Nose and right wrist may have been fractured at some point in her life.
    Fingerprints: Not Available skeletal
    Dentals: Available. Entered into NCIC. Moderate periodontal disease and multiple metallic alloy dental fillings.

Case History
    The victim's partially skeletonized remains were discovered in a wooded area on Ashton Court in Sarasota, Florida.

If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Sarasota County Sheriff's Office (Florida)
    Detective Anthony Colonna
    Sergeant Tim Bauer
    Lieutenant Vince Mayer
    District 12 Medical Examiner
    Russell Vega
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
    ME 2007-0105-SA-040

NCIC Number:
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-21-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added link

Macon, GA

North Carolina
    The clothing doesn't look like something a 40 year old woman would wear.

southwest US

FL-Sarasota Jane Doe - Feb. 2007

The victim was discovered on February 6, 2007 in Sarasota, Sarasota County, Florida.

I searched and feel that this person is a possible:

Melissa's hair is lists as blond but looks strawberry blond in the photos.
    Different clothing than listed.

Another possible:

Last edited by JBean; 02-18-2010 at 11:24 AM.

I think that Melissa Anita Walker is a good possibility. She resembles the sketch, the timeline matches. Height,weight and age also match.
    What I find problematic is the location (Texas - Florida), but the distance could be an explanation why no connection was made between the UID and Walker.
    There is not much information about Walker: Did she have breast implants like the UID? Have her nose and right wrist been fractured some time in her life?

I don't think that Ashley Baker could be a match because she is too young (15). The UID's age range ist 30 - 45 years.
    "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out." (The Smiths)

I also like the 1st one - Melissa Anita Walker.
    Her Texas Page - pics are bigger

Central New York
    Texas and Florida aren't so far apart.. Melissa Walker's picture does bear an eerie resemblance, and I agree, most of the information does match..

I'm also curious about the implants.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

southwest US
    I will contact LE tomorrow regarding Melissa.

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    PDX, OR
    i think melissa is a good possible. i was looking into this before i found the thread, and i was thinking Heather Jean Johnson: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2156dfmd.html

was a good possible due to description, breast implants (also date they were manufactured in UID was a year before she disappeared), and lifestyle

the height is off, but that doesn't worry me after years of seeing discrepancies on that. the age is a little more concerning...

fwiw, jules if you get in contact with the LE you might want to suggest heather as a possible.
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

El Segundo, California
    Melissa definitely looks like a good match. Everything about the bone structure of her face corresponds perfectly -- cheekbones, nose, distance between nose and upper lip, and overall shape of the face.

Even though there is no side view of Melissa, you can see that her chin juts forward just as Jane Doe's chin does, and the width of her chin matches also. The crease below her lower lip is spot-on.

Good find, Jules.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-07-2010 at 04:42 AM.

New England
    That looks like a very close match to me. Nice work!

Central Nevada
    Definitely looks worth submitting to me!
    It is the nature of the truth to struggle to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I will contact LE tomorrow regarding Melissa.
    Were you able to submit this?

To catch a criminal, you must think like one. (Professor Hamre)

southwest US
    Truthfully, I left two messages with LE and never heard back, and did not follow up on this. I will try again on Mon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Miller View Post
    Were you able to submit this?

The United States of America
    Hi, Guys.

I was looking at this case earlier and found some things on The Charley Project and NAMUS. Her page on NAMUS was last updated on Dec. 24, 2009 and Tina D'Ambrosio from Arizona was a confirmed rule-out. I did find the case of Tamara E. Toy on The Charley Project as missing from Bradenton, Florida on May 6, 2006. She was believed to have been killed by her boyfriend. He later confessed to some other sources that he buried her body in Eastern Manatee County and then committed suicide at the jail where he was incarcerated. I think the area where this body was found was about 30 minutes from Western Manatee County in Sarasota.

The Doe Network lists her age range from 30 to 45, but NAMUS lists them as between 36 and 45. On Feb. 5, 2010, the Sarasota Herald published an article on the Jane Doe and listed the age of the remains as between 30 and 40. I will place the link to that article below. Tamara's stats were 5'06, 150 lbs, blonde hair and blue eyes, age 44. But it looks as if in one of her pictures, her hair was a longer reddish brown color, not to mention in the Sarasota article it stated that while the vicitims hair was reddish brown, there were also blonde streaks found in it, too.

I'll post the pictures below, too. What do you guys think? I wish that you could email tips in Florida, however all internet communication with public offices in that state is public record. So in order to remain anonymous or to stay off the public record, you have to call the tips in.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast