Identified! FL - Sarasota Co., WhtFem 426UFFL, 30-45, breast implants, Feb'07 - Jeana Burrus *husband POI*

assaf1981

Inactive
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Doe Network:
Hot Case 1024
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/426uffl.html

Unidentifed White Female

The victim was discovered on February 6, 2007 in Sarasota, Sarasota County, Florida
State of Remains: Partially skeletonized

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 30-45 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5"-5'7" (66" est); 145 - 165 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, reddish brown hair, pulled back into a ponytail; unknown eye color.
Clothing: Multicolored cotton pullover shirt with an Italian label, light-colored "Spice Wear" skirt, dark colored thong-style underpants, leather string belt, two pair of socks one turquoise or blue/green the other white.
Other: The victim had saline breast implants, Mentor Smooth Round Moderate Style 1600, manufactured in 1998. Implants are generally used in the year they are manufactured.
Skeletal Findings: Nose and right wrist may have been fractured at some point in her life.
Fingerprints: Not Available skeletal
Dentals: Available. Entered into NCIC. Moderate periodontal disease and multiple metallic alloy dental fillings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim's partially skeletonized remains were discovered in a wooded area on Ashton Court in Sarasota, Florida.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Sarasota County Sheriff's Office (Florida)
Detective Anthony Colonna
1-941-861-4915
Sergeant Tim Bauer
1-941-861-4920
Lieutenant Vince Mayer
1-941-861-4940
OR
District 12 Medical Examiner
Russell Vega
941-361-6909
Email
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
07-10645
ME 2007-0105-SA-040

NCIC Number:
U-230019485
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
SCSO
AMW
UDRS

I think that Melissa Anita Walker is a good possibility. She resembles the sketch, the timeline matches. Height,weight and age also match.
What I find problematic is the location (Texas - Florida), but the distance could be an explanation why no connection was made between the UID and Walker.
There is not much information about Walker: Did she have breast implants like the UID? Have her nose and right wrist been fractured some time in her life?

I don't think that Ashley Baker could be a match because she is too young (15). The UID's age range ist 30 - 45 years.

Texas and Florida aren't so far apart.. Melissa Walker's picture does bear an eerie resemblance, and I agree, most of the information does match..

I'm also curious about the implants.

i think melissa is a good possible. i was looking into this before i found the thread, and i was thinking Heather Jean Johnson: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2156dfmd.html

was a good possible due to description, breast implants (also date they were manufactured in UID was a year before she disappeared), and lifestyle

the height is off, but that doesn't worry me after years of seeing discrepancies on that. the age is a little more concerning...

fwiw, jules if you get in contact with the LE you might want to suggest heather as a possible.

Melissa definitely looks like a good match. Everything about the bone structure of her face corresponds perfectly -- cheekbones, nose, distance between nose and upper lip, and overall shape of the face.

426UFFL1.jpgwalker_melissa.jpg

Even though there is no side view of Melissa, you can see that her chin juts forward just as Jane Doe's chin does, and the width of her chin matches also. The crease below her lower lip is spot-on.

Good find, Jules.

Hi, Guys.

I was looking at this case earlier and found some things on The Charley Project and NAMUS. Her page on NAMUS was last updated on Dec. 24, 2009 and Tina D'Ambrosio from Arizona was a confirmed rule-out. I did find the case of Tamara E. Toy on The Charley Project as missing from Bradenton, Florida on May 6, 2006. She was believed to have been killed by her boyfriend. He later confessed to some other sources that he buried her body in Eastern Manatee County and then committed suicide at the jail where he was incarcerated. I think the area where this body was found was about 30 minutes from Western Manatee County in Sarasota.

The Doe Network lists her age range from 30 to 45, but NAMUS lists them as between 36 and 45. On Feb. 5, 2010, the Sarasota Herald published an article on the Jane Doe and listed the age of the remains as between 30 and 40. I will place the link to that article below. Tamara's stats were 5'06, 150 lbs, blonde hair and blue eyes, age 44. But it looks as if in one of her pictures, her hair was a longer reddish brown color, not to mention in the Sarasota article it stated that while the vicitims hair was reddish brown, there were also blonde streaks found in it, too.

I'll post the pictures below, too. What do you guys think? I wish that you could email tips in Florida, however all internet communication with public offices in that state is public record. So in order to remain anonymous or to stay off the public record, you have to call the tips in.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/toy_tamara.html
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100205/ARTICLE/2051033/-1/NEWSSITEMAP

Attachments

• 426UFFL.jpg
    426UFFL.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 426UFFL1.jpg
    426UFFL1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 55
  • toy_tamara.jpg
    toy_tamara.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 57
  • toy_tamara2.jpg
    toy_tamara2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 59
  • toy_tamara3.jpg
    toy_tamara3.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 49
I would submit it; based on her photos and the Jane Doe's sketch.

I have been wondering lately what became of the Melissa Walker submission.

Julessleuther: have you followed up on this lead lately?

I still think that Melissa is the strongest possible for this UID, although this one looks pretty good as well.

She looks a little old compared to the forensic drawing, but who knows how accurate the drawing is.

I think they both look like the UID... too bad we don't know if either of them had breast implants.... right there we could rule them out..

I have been wondering lately what became of the Melissa Walker submission.

Julessleuther: have you followed up on this lead lately?

I still think that Melissa is the strongest possible for this UID, although this one looks pretty good as well.

She looks a little old compared to the forensic drawing, but who knows how accurate the drawing is.

The Herald Tribune article indicates that SJD's body had been buried for 7 to 12 months.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100205/ARTICLE/2051033/-1/NEWSSITEMAP?p=2&tc=pg&tc=ar

I was previously under the impression based on the "recognizable face" notation in DoeNetwork that she had died shortly before she was found.

This would rule-out Melissa Walker (assuming that the DLC is correct). Melissa went missing only two weeks before the remains were found.

Wow Karl, nice work there.

Seems the "recognizable face" and the focus on very recent missing persons is misleading and we are dealing with a regular reconstruction. The reconstruction shows someone who is very athletic and fit; this is not necessarily the case.

Melissa matched the reconstruction and the facts on Doe perfectly but clearly we need to expand the range of possibilities. Shame.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back