Tim Miller funded Misty's trip to Orlando & also reveals shocking info about Ron.

WillenFan21

Reaction score
It was a unique search operation for Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, who seems to have a sixth sense – and a track record few can challenge, cracking unsolved mysteries by making people talk, finding the missing and the dead, offering expertise and equipment to police –and hope and closure to grieving families.

But in the search for Haleigh Cummings, he’s found his toughest challenge yet.

Instead of scanning ocean bottoms or busting through bedrock, he’d hoped to chisel away at the hardened heart of a tortured teenager, a child bride of 17 who police still believe holds the key to a missing five year old she reported missing eight months ago, while babysitting in Satsuma, Florida.

Call it “Operation Misty,” with one of Miller’s volunteers playing Misty Cummings’ undercover Mama, to keep her safe and glean information that he hoped might be useful to the Haleigh task force, The Bald Truth has learned.

In an exclusive interview with The Bald Truth Monday, Miller confirmed he secretly funded Misty Cummings’ mystery road trip to Daytona, Cocoa Beach, and Orlando, including a visit to Universal, after after she flunked a lie detector — because he feared her life was in danger. “If she died, we’d never find Haleigh,” he said.

Only last week’s road rage incident, when police pulled Misty over with driver and new best “friend” Donna Brock, blew his cover. Courtney Ballinger told the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office that a driver and passenger of a blue Dodge Caliber kept gesturing and making threats as they were driving near her on Interstate 4. No one was charged or arrested, but Brock was identified as a Miller volunteer, outted by a Florida radio station.

The information, that her pal, Donna, was in effect a spy, albeit for a good cause, reached Misty after the CBS Early Show flew the women to New York for Misty’s two part interview last week. “She was sitting there and got a text from Ronald, telling her what happened,” says Miller. “Let’s just say she wasn’t too happy.”

Brock is a long time Texas Equusearch volunteer; she’s worked on searches in North Carolina and in the Caylee Anthony case, lives parttime in Florida and, Miller tells me, offered to befriend Misty with a two-pronged goal: to glean information Misty confided that Miller would feed Putnam County Sheriff’s investigators, and to put some distance between her and husband Ronald Cummings.

“I was afraid Ronald Cummings might carry out his threat to ‘blow her teeth through the back of her head’ if it turned out she had anything to do with his missing daughter, then kill himself,” Miller told The Bald Truth.

TONS MORE OF THIS ARTICLE HERE: http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/12/exclusive-misty-cummings-undercover-mama/#more-3224

Art Harris published an article that had concerning information. Most concerning was two items in particular. The first being about the story Tim told about Ron and the gun in the bedroom, only this time we hear jr was in the room when this happened:

There, he says Ronald lead him to a closet, where he kept an assault rifle, with two clips, each holding 32 rounds, and pulled it out.

With his 3 year old son, Junior, watching, Miller tells me Cummings “made a statement that if he found out Misty had some involvement, he’d blow her teeth through the back of her head.

“Then, he put the (assault rifle) down on floor, butt first, and almost got on his knees, bent over, and put the barrel in his mouth, and says, ‘I’ll kill her, and then kill myself, and take a few others with me.’

“I said, ‘Ronald, give me that damn gun! You don’t need that gun around here. We don’t need anymore problems,’ and he said, ‘No, I’ll need this one more time.’

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/12/exclusive-misty-cummings-undercover-mama/

So the whole cover that was "blown", was that Misty was thinking that DB was really her friend, and that learned she was just spying on her, correct?
I keep wondering what they meant by "cover was blown" since Misty had to be aware that DB was friends with TM and was part of TES, so the only thing Misty didn't know was that DB's friendship was a ploy to find out info on what happened to Haleigh

What i'm not clear on is why Ron would text Misty to tell her the truth about DB being a spy.. the only thing i can think of is that he's a control freak who wants nothing to get in the way of his killing Misty, if in fact, she did harm Haleigh

I think Donna had been down playing her connection to Tim.

Interesting article but there is a big hole.
He reports DB leaves Misty at a gas station in Satsuma. But, where is Misty living now?
I think this is a very important part of the story when you consider his report that Ron threatens to blow her teeth out the back of her head if he finds out she had something to do with Haleigh's disapperance.
Is she living with her father, who has moved in with Tommy? Is she with a friend? Certainly she is not back living with Ron and his grandmother.
If Art could not report Misty's whereabouts now, because it's not supposed to be known, he should report that reason for leaving this information out of the article.
Just a glaring hole I noticed in an otherwise informative story. Maybe I'm still too much of a reporter/editor.

Can someone tell me the details of what went on with RC putting a dead headless rat in Tommy Croslin's mailbox? Why did he do that? It's metaphorical threatening to kill a snitch or something..

Well,I'm speechless.All these cases keep taking weird turns.

I don't believe Donna was a spy. I think Ronald wanted Misty to believe she was. I think Ronald wanted Misty to think he'd set it up to cause her the greatest panic, which would serve two purposes, both which benefit Ronald: Isolate Misty from her avenue of escape, and make her realize there's no place left for her to go.

She has one more place: LE. She should take full advantage.

"Miller says she asked to speak with detectives several days ago, so Brock drove her in and sat with her, as investigators laid out what her future could look like if they make a case against her: she may be too young to get the death penalty, but life in prison is a possibility, she was told.
“We still don’t’ believe she’s giving us straight information,” a source close to the case tells me. “She keeps telling us the same thing over and over again, and we have information that shows it’s not true…At some point, she has to make a decision if she wants to stay the course, or is she going to tell us.
“We’ve told her, ‘We are going forward with the case, no matter what your commitment is, and the moment we can prove you had something to do with the disappearance of Haleigh, we will proceed with criminal charges against you.’”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/12/exclusive-misty-cummings-undercover-mama/#more-3224

Investigators laid out what Misty's future would look like either Life in Prison (she's too young for the death penalty). That would be what she would get for being charged with murder= life in prison. She is too young for the DP..

What made Misty want to go down and talk to LE? Is she scared about what would happen if she told the truth? We know she's scared of prison.

If Misty tells the truth, will she be admitting to murder, or something else?

I don't believe Donna was a spy. I think Ronald wanted Misty to believe she was. I think Ronald wanted Misty to think he'd set it up to cause her the greatest panic, which would serve two purposes, both which benefit Ronald: Isolate Misty from her avenue of escape, and make her realize there's no place left for her to go.

She has one more place: LE. She should take full advantage.

Debs, you are so right, she needs to take advantage as LE can offer her protection from Ron.
Misty is running out of places to go; the article said her grandmother in TN offered to come get her, however she's not allowed to move out of FL with this case going on.

It's not looking good for Misty at all..

Interesting article but there is a big hole.
He reports DB leaves Misty at a gas station in Satsuma. But, where is Misty living now?
I think this is a very important part of the story when you consider his report that Ron threatens to blow her teeth out the back of her head if he finds out she had something to do with Haleigh's disapperance.
Is she living with her father, who has moved in with Tommy? Is she with a friend? Certainly she is not back living with Ron and his grandmother.
If Art could not report Misty's whereabouts now, because it's not supposed to be known, he should report that reason for leaving this information out of the article.
Just a glaring hole I noticed in an otherwise informative story. Maybe I'm still too much of a reporter/editor.

The article says that Misty was not happy about finding out. Maybe she was mad, told her to drop her off at the station and someone was going to pick her up. It really does not seem odd to me at all.

The article says that Misty was not happy about finding out. Maybe she was mad, told her to drop her off at the station and someone was going to pick her up. It really does not seem odd to me at all.

They still kissed eachother goodbye and said "i love you"

"Then it was back to Florida, and Satsuma, where Brock let her off at a gas station in Satsuma Saturday night, a bit of a come down, Miller tells me.
By then, Misty’s initial anger had passed, he says, with Donna reporting back she’d actually gotten a kiss on the cheek from her new friend, who also told her, ‘I love you.’"
http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/12/exclusive-misty-cummings-undercover-mama/#more-3224

They still kissed eachother goodbye and said "i love you"

"Then it was back to Florida, and Satsuma, where Brock let her off at a gas station in Satsuma Saturday night, a bit of a come down, Miller tells me.
By then, Misty’s initial anger had passed, he says, with Donna reporting back she’d actually gotten a kiss on the cheek from her new friend, who also told her, ‘I love you.’"

lol....Well Misty was all kissing on Ron a few days ago too, look what happened there. Who knows, there could be many reasons the story did not go into more detail.........Misty's safety could be one of em'.

Misty is a child and a drug abuser, correct? At least I believed it was a fact that she abused drugs-I could be wrong.

Given who she has been living with, married to and what kind of a life she has been raised around it would not surprise me at all if she kissed her friend goodbye and said she loved her, in spite of learning that she had been betrayed. Par for the course in her world. JMO

I think it is a sick story and I am not thinking all that highly of the sting to be quite honest...JMO. I am sure it was done with the full cooperation of LE.

“We still don’t’ believe she’s giving us straight information,” a source close to the case tells me. “She keeps telling us the same thing over and over again, and we have information that shows it’s not true…At some point, she has to make a decision if she wants to stay the course, or is she going to tell us.
So arrest her for obstruction! Now, it's she keeps telling the same story over and over, last I heard she was inconsistent, they can't have it both ways.

And another thing that bothers me, if Ron did do this in front of Jr. why did Tim not go to DCF, surely an eyewitness account of this is grounds for removal of the child! The whole thing is hinky to me. And if he did report this to LE and they did nothing about it, well that does not bode well for the investigation as far as I concerned. WHO leaves a 4yr old child w/ a man who puts a gun in his mouth in front of him???? I'm sorry but I can not believe if PCSO knew this they allowed Jr. to stay there.

Misty is a child and a drug abuser, correct? At least I believed it was a fact that she abused drugs-I could be wrong.
Given who she has been living with, married to and what kind of a life she has been raised around it would not surprise me at all if she kissed her friend goodbye and said she loved her, in spite of learning that she had been betrayed. Par for the course in her world. JMO

I think it is a sick story and I am not thinking all that highly of the sting to be quite honest...JMO. I am sure it was done with the full cooperation of LE.

bbm - there is no proof of either of those allegations

Can someone tell me the details of what went on with RC putting a dead headless rat in Tommy Croslin's mailbox? Why did he do that? It's metaphorical threatening to kill a snitch or something..
Tommy said Ron did that, again, there is no proof.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back